Notices

???Estimate on dyno time for my setup???

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ???Estimate on dyno time for my setup???

I'm still in the middle of my "Emergency: budget rebuild" and i was trying to see approx. how much time i might need on the dyno in accordance to my setup...looking at like 7 lbs of boost and the safest tune possible

Estimated hp #'s would be apprecitated too.

I have a 2002 Civic Si with the Greddy turbo kit. K20a3 motor

Kit includes:
T517Z turbo
Cast manifold/downpipe
RS 440 cc injectors
E-manage
and the little airnix intake
NO intercooler- i know i should have one but i don't have the money right now

Extra goodies:
Greddy Type-S BOV
Arias 9:1:1 comp pistons
ACT Lightened Flywheel
Exedy Stage 2 clutch

Thanks in advance
Old 10-21-2004, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ???Estimate on dyno time for my setup??? (djvtoner)

Don't even dyno it until you get an intercooler.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:50 PM

Default Re: ???Estimate on dyno time for my setup??? (Happyman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Happyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't even dyno it until you get an intercooler.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with him!
Old 10-21-2004, 12:57 PM

Default Re: ???Estimate on dyno time for my setup??? (Happyman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Happyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't even dyno it until you get an intercooler.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldn't but i have no choise... i'm already in the bucket like $2000 that i didn't have...it's on the immediate list, i've been budjeting for a little while. Like i said i was going for safety cause i know it isn't the safest thing to NOT have an IC...

Plus i wasn't going to be running the car hard AT ALL without one. ill give up a little money for a tune to keep things safe while i get the money up. I need my car back though
Old 10-21-2004, 01:02 PM

you should never do **** like this unless you have money...you really need an intercooler...

are you putting arias pistons on stock rods?

Old 10-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lanojp1)

If you tune without the intercooler, once you get the intercooler you'll have to retune. Just spending more money that's not needed to spend. I suggest waiting for the intercooler.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:11 PM

Default Re: (Happyman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Happyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you tune without the intercooler, once you get the intercooler you'll have to retune. Just spending more money that's not needed to spend. I suggest waiting for the intercooler.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If i had the option to wait for an IC i would be...I NEED my car back. Id be willing to spend a little bit of money to have a car to drive that's not going to blow up on me.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lanojp1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you should never do **** like this unless you have money...you really need an intercooler...

are you putting arias pistons on stock rods?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The pistons were already put on the stock rods yes. I know i need an IC but the reason why i bought a turbo KIT was because i figured it was going to come with everything i needed...granted, i made some mistakes along the way of going FI but right now i got what i can which should be enough to get my car mobile again.

I'm not trying to make 300 whp without an IC, that would be ridiculous. Right now i would be pleased with 200 whp just to get my car running again because i need it back...****...i would settle for what power i had before the turbo just as long as i could be mobile again...I can always get the IC and whatever else i need to make some considerable power, but for right now all i'm concerned with is getting it back on the road....That is why i put up this post. I just wanted to see what i would be looking at, tuning wise....time+money, to safely run this car on the road.

Thanks for all the input.

I know that i don't have everything necesary to make insane power but that's not what i'm looking for right now, because i know it's not theseable on the budget i'm running right now. There's no way that i can back out of this now so i can only work with what i have...

I can't reiterate more on the importance on having my car back
Old 10-21-2004, 02:32 PM
local hippie

Default Re: (djvtoner)

Can you run the car w/out boost until you get an i/c? Id recommend spending whatever money you have for tuning and put it towards an intercooler. Im sure you can find a cheap i/c that will do the job... If not just tune the car without it, but obviously its not gonna make as much power bc the air will be hotter.

This project might come out more expensive than it should... but if you need the car... what can you do?

Id say an hour on the dyno should be good?

Good luck
Old 10-21-2004, 03:11 PM

Default Re: (8200RPM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 8200RPM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This project might come out more expensive than it should... but if you need the car... what can you do?

Id say an hour on the dyno should be good?

Good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>

It already has been more expensive than it should...

I really didn't plan on running anymore boost than i really had to for the car to run... however i would like to get as much gains as possible with the same desired safety for the engine...

Thanks for the Luck