Notices

Engine Management Woes

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Management Woes

Hi,
I'd like to thank everyone for all of your advice for the past two years.... I am finally nearing the completion of my Built 16a1 turbocharged 87' HF. The only problems I am running into are that I am having a terrible time figuring out what fuel management to go with or if there is even anything out there that will do what I want it to do.

I was originally going to go with the S-AFC setup for fuel and a MSD BTM for timing, but from what I've been reading the S-Afc does screwy things with your computer as far as timing because it causes the ecu to think you’re not a full throttle something when you actually are so it adjusts everything incorrectly. Now I think this could be solved by using a timing management device as well but I really want to make sure before I put all of this together because I have put allot of my money into this engine.

MY other alternative would be to use a zydne, but I'm not sure if this is possible with my vacuum advanced timing i.e. Pre 88. Though I did just read in a sport compact car that it is possible to get an 86-87 Integra to run a B-16 with a zydne using some special rewiring.

Lastly I could go all out and use a Tec III or Tec II system or a SDS EIC system which I am sure would do everything I was for the most part but I would like to try to keep the costs down. The EIC is a very possible option with it running 4 extra 450 cc injectors that I would have to weld into the intake manifold but I would prefer the greater tunability of the S-AFC.

Thanks for all the help you have given up to this point and I can hopefully figure all of this out really soon and get to the part I enjoy of putting everything together.

Thanks,

Conor M.

PS. For reference all of the electrical is coming from an 86 Integra.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Engine Management Woes (conorm)

get the SDS and rip out all of your stock harness...
Old 09-02-2002, 12:51 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Engine Management Woes (paul_vang)

get the SDS and rip out all of your stock harness...
Old 09-02-2002, 01:00 AM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Engine Management Woes (VaporTrail)

TEC III