Notices

endyn catch can HOW TO??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default endyn catch can HOW TO??

I bought the endyn modified catch can and I was wondering how to install it. I removed the factory can and pcv and plugged the hole with the plug they provide. I removed the 2 big allen plugs and installed the "nipple" looking plugs that endyn provides for the hoses.

Does the bottom of the catch can outlet tee into one of the bigger hoses and the top of the catch can where the pcv is goes towards vaccuum???? I also removed and plugged that pipe coming out of the rear of the block near where the factory catch can used to reside. Will I have problems when the top hose for vaccuum sees boost if I do not put a check valve there???

any help would be appreciated
Old 04-30-2003, 09:04 AM

Default Re: endyn catch can HOW TO?? (revhardsi)

The two big hoses off the block goto into the side of the can. You are correct about the bottom outlet on the can.....run a line off that and tee it into one of the big hoses coming off the block. The top of the can where you put the PCV should NOT run back to the intake manifold. You need to plumb this back into your intake BEFORE the turbo, where it won't see positive pressure.

Also...the tube that originally ran from your intake to the valve cover (stock setup) should also be run to your new intake tube AHEAD OF/BEFORE the turbo. Use the slash cut tube which faces the incoming air stream to provide fresh air to the valve cover. If you don't care about emissions legality than you don't even have to use the PCV valve on the breather tank....you can stick that little filter on there and let it vent to atmosphere. However...even if you vent that to atmosphere you should still run the hose from the slash-cut tube to the valve cover.

Modified by ccjb100 at 1:26 PM 4/30/2003
Old 08-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: endyn catch can HOW TO?? (ccjb100)

What do you mean slash cut tube? I don't think it's the nipple on the the intake pipe because that would suck vapors in from the valve cover. Can you please explain this again.