Notices

Endyn catch can

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Endyn catch can

I've installed an Endyn breather/catch can on my LS, according to the instructions.

2 lines to each big block plug (left & right of the oil filter), drain t'd into 1 of them.

What do I do with the valve cover nipple (that went to the intake arm)?? Plug it?

Endyn has been helpful with tech support already, I'm just tired of pestering them now
Old 07-18-2007, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Endyn catch can (mahatma)

weld it off...or put a mini breather on it..
Old 07-18-2007, 02:10 PM
HT White Ops

if you look at the kit they also gave you something for the top of the can instead of the filter. you can run it that way or have another T
Old 07-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The set up above would NOT work on a turbo application. The catch can located in front of the valve cover is ok but one near the firewall is not. While in boost the intake mani will pressurize the catch can and crankcase. Put a breather filter on the valve cover and run the 2 hoses from the back of the block to the can with a breather on top. Thats it thats all.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mahatma &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What do I do with the valve cover nipple (that went to the intake arm)?? Plug it?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

don't plug it, leave it open.. and you don't need filter either. it will get clogged up
Old 07-18-2007, 11:53 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (Mr.Death)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.Death &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The set up above would NOT work on a turbo application. The catch can located in front of the valve cover is ok but one near the firewall is not. While in boost the intake mani will pressurize the catch can and crankcase. Put a breather filter on the valve cover and run the 2 hoses from the back of the block to the can with a breather on top. Thats it thats all.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? How is it possible that the intake manifold will pressurize the breather tank when the nipple you see on top of it has a check valve? Sorry but the picture wasn't working so I deleted it.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SD_Lurker)

for more info
Old 07-19-2007, 05:51 AM

Default Re: (methos713)

From my experience, if you use the pcv with the hose connected to that small nipple on the valve cover, the dam thing will pop off the catch can...better to use the filter and either plug or put a filter on the nipple..
Old 07-19-2007, 06:01 AM

Default Re: (iBrandon)

my vote: put a filter on it.....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtec.dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

don't plug it, leave it open.. and you don't need filter either. it will get clogged up</TD></TR></TABLE>

i would never leave it open. thats like leavin the oil cap off almost why the hell would you leave anything on the engine open?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (agrn93ls)

Where's they chimp-like crayon drawings?

We can't have a catch can thread without someone going nut in MS Paint.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Re: (mike1114)

lmao this is a first without.... be patient its coming.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:57 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by agrn93ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lmao this is a first without.... be patient its coming.</TD></TR></TABLE>
....wait for it - wait for it.....

So.....cap it, vent it, or route it to the catch can?

Still a little confused.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:10 AM

Default Re: (mahatma)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mahatma &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
....wait for it - wait for it.....

So.....cap it, vent it, or route it to the catch can?

Still a little confused.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by agrn93ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my vote: put a filter on it.....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

can be ran to another port on the can, sealed or filtered. i would put a filter since that is what the can is gonna do and youll have one less hose to deal with and any extra ventilation is good just not unfiltered. so there take that. jk
Old 07-19-2007, 09:27 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re:

I used to run a little breather, but i ended up just running it open. my .2

T
Old 07-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (street dream gsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by street dream gsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I used to run a little breather, but i ended up just running it open. my .2

T</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-19-2007, 10:24 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Re: (dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

wrong topic big guy.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by agrn93ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my vote: put a filter on it.....

i would never leave it open. thats like leaving the oil cap off almost why the hell would you leave anything on the engine open?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

great argument.. maybe you should put a filter on exhaust.. thats like coming off the engine..

theres always pressure coming off when you don't have stock setup.. oil particles will still make their way through and that filter will get clogged, in that case, might as well weld that opening close.. i've been running like that for years and no problems, don't be suprised when you're having massive blowby due to lack of vents or worse. i have 3 vents on valve cover and no filters no catch cans, don't have any oil spills and no smoke out valve cover..
Old 07-19-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: (vtec.dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtec.dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

great argument.. maybe you should put a filter on exhaust.. thats like coming off the engine..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe we should put a filter on your mouth for that stupid comment. you know what i meant. i choose to run a 5$ filter that does not clog on my motor. but maybe i have less blow by. and you could just change it every once in a while or clean it too if its such a problem.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by agrn93ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

maybe we should put a filter on your mouth for that stupid comment. you know what i meant. i choose to run a 5$ filter that does not clog on my motor. but maybe i have less blow by. and you could just change it every once in a while or clean it too if its such a problem.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my whole point is.. gasses are exiting at all times from valve cover so what is there to filter?? filter doens't allow for more flow out the engine, you need to relief more pressure when making more hp, so filter, lines, and catch cans are just more restrictions if you can avoid it you're better of. most obvious thoughts would tell to put a filter on there, but i speak from experience and they don't do ****.