Notices

Emanage-air flow adjustment map

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emanage-air flow adjustment map

I have gotten my car tuned perfectly when it comes to air fuel. However there are a few hiccups while driving. Mostly during the transition between on/off throttle. Or if I am cruising and just mash the gas. It studders for a split second and then it revs up clean. I was noticing there is another map (air flow adjustment map) that i have not touched. Could this be the reason????? Is there any thing I am missing out on because I havent adjusted this?????

Car is 97 hatch with b18b1, obd1, greddy kit.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you care to look at the injection map I can email it to you.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no one huh???? Maybe I am asking the wrong question. Can anyone tell me what would cause the car to hesitate on part throttle as well as just flooring the gas?
Old 03-22-2008, 05:21 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Your tune is affecting it. It could easily be the millisecond time delay of the injectors. partial throttle is never easy. I don't know specifically what it could be, but you may want your tuner to start there. I'm a turbo designer, not a tuning professional.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheShodan)

It's your fuel enrichments. More specifically your TPS adjustment. Widebands typically don't read fast enough to register if you need more or less fuel enrichment, so it's kind of a feel thing. Add some fuel, test. If it feels worse, remove some fuel. Don't be afraid to make small changes and then test. Tuning is basically a process of just making slight adjustments and then testing if they were right.

Another thing you should look at is your map threshold cut off. This typically needs to be changed when you are between no throttle and very small amount. You can get jerkiness. Changing this value(typically lowering it) can cure such symptoms.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nowtype)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nowtype &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Another thing you should look at is your map threshold cut off. This typically needs to be changed when you are between no throttle and very small amount. You can get jerkiness. Changing this value(typically lowering it) can cure such symptoms.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Would this be called "clamp" on emanage?