Notices

Electrion Boost Controller for JRSC

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Boost Controller for JRSC

Has anyone researched or used the EBC on the Jackson, I believe its "ZIP" on this board who is advertising this and its also on ClubSi. I believe its a relatively new product. Thanks for any input.

Excuse my misspelling in the title: Electronic*

[Modified by Jackson4Door, 3:14 PM 1/28/2003]

[Modified by Jackson4Door, 3:15 PM 1/28/2003]

[Modified by Jackson4Door, 3:15 PM 1/28/2003]

[Modified by Jackson4Door, 3:16 PM 1/28/2003]
Old 01-28-2003, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Electronic Boost Controller for JRSC (Jackson4Door)

Dunno if you know this or not, but it's not really a boost controller. If it's what I think you're talking about it's called the Jackson Boost Timing Controller or BTC. Basically it's a cheap wanabe of an MSD BTM device. It allows you to dial back a certain amount of timing based on a boost readout from the pressure side of the manifold. It will allow you to run full timing at idle and only retard for you while in boost. I can tell you that with a charger when I had a BTM on my car the boost sencing diaphram on it wasn't fast enough and it wouldn't pull back timing quick enough. If you can afford it, get a standalone. The money you spend on the BTC, JR's Map modifier, and maybe a fuel controller of some sort you can easily get a standalone. You'd be much happier with it. Of course if you've got all these things, maybe it's not in your budget to get rid of it all and spend money again, but I can tell you that I've run every possible BS bandaid or piggy back setup there is and there's nothing that even came close to a properly tuned standalone.

Sorry to ramble... hope it helps... Just sharing my experiences in order to keep you guys from wasing your time and money.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Electronic Boost Controller for JRSC (JRSCCivic98)

No, he's talking about Zip's programmable stepper motor for the bypass valve that allows one to limit their boost up to the output of their pulley. Best thing to do would be to PM zip about it.

[Modified by sharkcohen, 10:01 PM 1/28/2003]
Old 01-28-2003, 01:01 PM
zip
Honda-Tech Member

Dunno if you know this or not, but it's not really a boost controller.

Yes, it is a boost controller for roots type superchargers. I developed the EBL a couple years ago as a senior project which was later refined for consumers. Click on the link below for more details on the EBL:

EBL

On a 2000 SI equipped with a JRSC setup, we had the EBL easily regulate boost from 0 to ~12psi of boost. The EBL is currently in a backorder status.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Electronic Boost Controller for JRSC (zip)

Yes, that is what I was referring to, the "EBL". I am very interested. What is the asking price for an OBD1 GSR, and how long is the back order wait?
Old 01-28-2003, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Electronic Boost Controller for JRSC (zip)

Yes, it is a boost controller for roots type superchargers.
OK, umm... no need to get defensive. From what he wrote in the original post it sounded like he was talking about the pos BTC. I stand corrected on talking about something he wasn't. I wasn't bashing your product or idea...

Actually after the info on the link it looks like an interesting product. Hats off to an original/excellent idea Zip!

BTW, it's still not a boost controller... It's a boost LIMITER...

Again... on the subject.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, it is a boost controller for roots type superchargers.

OK, umm... no need to get defensive. From what he wrote in the original post it sounded like he was talking about the pos BTC. I stand corrected on talking about something he wasn't. I wasn't bashing your product or idea...

Actually after the info on the link it looks like an interesting product. Hats off to an original/excellent idea Zip!

BTW, it's still not a boost controller... It's a boost LIMITER...

Again... on the subject.
Why nit-pick, and i dont believe zip was being a dick to begin with.