Notices

Electric power steering pump with forced induction setups

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric power steering pump with forced induction setups

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone is using the Karcepts Eps mount with a mr2 pump with a bseries engine. I would like to do this conversion on my turbo dc2 but the bracket they make is for Kswaps and looks like it would fit with a bseries but would need to remove the torque mount on that side. Which I feel like would be fine since I have innovate 95a steel engine mounts. Just wondering if and how anyone has done this conversion with a bseries engine. PS I am using a Sheepy Top mount turbo kit which is the reason I removed ps in the first place.

Thanks
Old 09-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts
Default Re: Electric power steering pump with forced induction setups

I've seen it done on K series cars, and am 100% sure it can be done on a B series so long as you got an appropriate bracket for the pump mounting. It wouldn't be hard to fabricate one, I think there's a guy on k20a that has actually made a few for B series cars.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea ive seen the write up but its for kswapped vehicles. Id like to get one of these in my car but the bracket would be the hold up. If the kswap on would work by just removing the driver side torque mount then that would be my best bet.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I like the idea of Epower steering pump to clean up the bay and free up parasitic loss on the motor.

theres a few writups that can be found on it. Here's one I found
https://www.enginebasics.com/Advance...0Steering.html

you shouldn't need the front two torque mounts as long as you have a hard mount in the rear.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I didn't remove my ps for the loss. My car makes close to 700whp I needed the space for my manifold and turbo. But drivability took a hit so Id like to add it back and this seems like the easiest way. I just have not found any article of people using this pump on a b series motor.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by carguy0316
I didn't remove my ps for the loss. My car makes close to 700whp I needed the space for my manifold and turbo. But drivability took a hit so Id like to add it back and this seems like the easiest way. I just have not found any article of people using this pump on a b series motor.
i was just saying that's one of my reasons. Search better and you will find ppl doing it. It's been done plenty. You'd probly get better response in other sections since it's not a forced induction thing.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea just figured a lot of guys in this forum would have removed it for the same reason. thanks for the input bro. Ill search around more.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:39 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey man I can't tell you 100% on fitment with a B swap, but I've got the Karcepts kit and MR-2 pump in my 1994 Civic. It mounts pretty far forward on the driver's side frame rail, but if you're running A/C it *could* possibly interfere with the belt, etc.

Outside of the kit the pump itself is on now wired to a relay, and a switch that I can toggle on/off from the dashboard. I can't tell you how many times I turn it on/off depending on the driving situation. Low speeds = P/S on. Higher speeds, or twisty backroads = P/S off. If you need detailed pics let me know. Right now the car is in my garage riding out the last effects of Irma (I'm in GA) but I might be able to shine a light and get decent pics.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B18C5-EH2
Hey man I can't tell you 100% on fitment with a B swap, but I've got the Karcepts kit and MR-2 pump in my 1994 Civic. It mounts pretty far forward on the driver's side frame rail, but if you're running A/C it *could* possibly interfere with the belt, etc.

Outside of the kit the pump itself is on now wired to a relay, and a switch that I can toggle on/off from the dashboard. I can't tell you how many times I turn it on/off depending on the driving situation. Low speeds = P/S on. Higher speeds, or twisty backroads = P/S off. If you need detailed pics let me know. Right now the car is in my garage riding out the last effects of Irma (I'm in GA) but I might be able to shine a light and get decent pics.

WOW man nice setup. I really appreciate you chiming in with first hand experience. I do not have AC either as I removed that also to fit my manifold. From the looks of it could be a tight squeeze on a b series motor. If and when you get a chance post up a few more photos. No rush at all. And as far as the wiring you are just running power off the battery to a relay to power this thing?
Old 09-18-2017, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

In for this as im interested in this for my SC'd B series setup.