Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Meat_Wagon)

this whole thread is unreal.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Blown90hatcH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blown90hatcH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Mine idles around 1200 nicely...after warm-up

JD = 1
turboteener = 0

/end</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mine idle better after warm up but still not stable rpm. rpm's bounce up and down

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Meat_Wagon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have 1600cc injectors and no injector drivers, just a resistor box and it idles perfect at 1000 rpms.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what's your secret?
I know few people who have 1600cc and they all idle around 1200 rpm. what ems?
Old 08-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Banned

Default Re: (Joseph Davis)

Originally Posted by Joseph Davis
Better than that, I've worked on one. You are aware that this last M3 was a pile of **** that the engines fell apart in, and BMW refused to warranty in many cars still under warranty? Pride in workmanship.
And Mitsubishi refuses to warranty cars that are used in competetive driving events, Whats your point? I never stated BMW was the epitome of atuomotive developement. I listed it as an example, of which I have later learned was wrong. They only use 6 injectors.

Oh, yah, another Sterling Example of Yerman Engineering and Aryan Superiority: remember those Audi 5000 Quattro that won all the assaults up Pikes Peak? That you couldn't make a set of LCA bushes last 20K miles in, that the Yermans couldn't figure out how to design a wiring harness so that they could "drive it every day in the rain , snow, heat, etc?" Classic.
WTF are you talking about? Never had an Audi with wiring problems. Lets talk about Honduh ignitors, and rear trailing arm bushings. Who cares? Every manufacture has their fair share of problems. How about RDX transmission failures? Honda just brings them in and replaces them. So what? There is no perfect car or manufacture. Everyone of them has innovations and problems. Again what's your point.

Yeah, good, I know you don't, because he doesn't like injectors due to their poor atomisation. He has very specific things to say about power gains from carbs mounted way up the intake runner, correct atomisation, etc, and it all occurs a lot higher than most guys here spin their engines to. You see, Mr "Fine you can stick to what has already been done. Have no interest in the status quo. I prefer to experiment and try other things." it's already been done.
I am well aware of the concept of fuel injection and atomization. What's your point? Just because I don't worship at the church of Bisi, doesn't mean I don't know anything about engines and tuning them.

PS, your examples are worthless. You are talking about not-Honduhs, and mechanical injection is a bit different scenario from EFI. I've asked several people in the past to prove that there is something wrong with traditional injector placement and atomisation, and they can't - many of the big power turbo cars have bsfc of .38-.43, so you can suck on that while you ********** to pointless design quirks concocted in your fantasyland of what's wrong with Honduhs based on zero evidence that there is anything wrong.
An engine is an engine, it has four strokes and pistons. I never stated there was anything wrong with the stock Honda injector placement. It functions perfectly where it is. WTF?

1) This is a turbo forum, not a sissy NA forum where we can't make any torque without peeing our pants. Why are you posting here?
So? I ask the question cuz I am not building in an NA engine at this time. If there was an EFI forum here I would have ask there. Again whats your point.

2) Air delivery is not based wholly on the intake manifold - different cylinders run stronger, period. And, again, ICT correction is mandatory in any serious engine because of thermal reasons - stick that down your balanced flow ITBs.
I know that. In most stock engines the intake manifold production tolerances affect indvidual cylinder flow. OK, so you adjust the engine for that. Who said ICT is not important? What does ICT have to do with who produces or offered a piggyback board that controls eight injectors?

Vernon @ Raver is easy to find, google just proved it in 0.07 seconds, you are just wanking your tiny e-***** for attention. Solid work, classic HT.
Found him, his business is supposedly closed and the info I found on his product is two years old. Saw no reason to contact him. I made the statement "they offered this product", how does that in any way imply I wanted his contact info?

If you have something useful to offer cool, if you don't, why waste the time telling me I am wrong for doing something other than bolting on a full race kit and living with the satus quo?

Maybe I am crazy for building a race car, or building my own intercooler, etc, maybe I should just stop doing what I want to do and follow everyone elses lead. NAH. F' that.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbocivic94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbocivic94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I personally think 8 injectors are better than 4 large injectors. I have precision 1600cc injectors with FJO injector driver. My car idles like a tank. rpm's are not stable. Jeff Evans tuned the idle so you cant tell me its tuner issue. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, most probably a ground issue caused by whomever assembled the car + not Jeff. Some of the pgmfi.org DIY stuff doesn't control idle via IACV so well, which is why I disable IACV and FIT-V on most of what I touch and set idle via throttle stop. Depending on engine size, etc, what throttle body you have on the car can dictate whether it idles or not... not all of the "made for Honduh" TBs are "correctly made for Honduh" ie BBK w/ no idle screw and a tendency to stick on smaller displacement engines.

What I am getting at is it's always more complex than that.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blown90hatcH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
JD = 1
turboteener = 0</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, there's a nice little thread on HMT where I linked to this thread, and gathered opinions. Most everyone thinks I'm right, or that it's total pwnage, but my summary of the situation in the HMT thread is that

JD = *******
turboteener = looking to experiment and learn, but got **** on

Welcome to bandwagoning, and arguing with people who are adept at twisting words to suit their purposes! People who don't mean to bandwagon do it without thinking because they recognize me as being someone to pay attention to.

Time to start thinking for yourselves, kids. It's only real obvious I walked into this thread and started baiting turboteener. It's only the completely obvious.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboteener &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If you have something useful to offer cool</TD></TR></TABLE>

Gimme a day or two, I'll see if I can get a hold of Vernon for you.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Joseph Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, most probably a ground issue caused by whomever assembled the car + not Jeff. .</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha
I wired my resistor box and it perfect. Its kind of funny that only few people can idle their car at 1000 rpm with 1600cc and like 15 people I spoke to cant idle it lower than 1200.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbocivic94)

my 1000's idle at 800
Old 08-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (BoostedEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my 1000's idle at 800 </TD></TR></TABLE>

+ they are 600cc smaller than 1600's
Old 08-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

+ they are 600cc smaller than 1600's </TD></TR></TABLE>

I never said it was the same

I will be upgrading to 1600's soon though
Old 08-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BoostedEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I never said it was the same

I will be upgrading to 1600's soon though</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, you are in for it

"my 1600's make my car idle like ****" ahhahahahahaha
Old 08-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol, you are in for it

"my 1600's make my car idle like ****" ahhahahahahaha</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol I hope not..... but we will see with time. First I need to get out of the sandbox and back to the states
Old 08-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Joseph Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Actually, there's a nice little thread on HMT where I linked to this thread, and gathered opinions. Most everyone thinks I'm right, or that it's total pwnage, but my summary of the situation in the HMT thread is that

JD = *******
turboteener = looking to experiment and learn, but got **** on

Welcome to bandwagoning, and arguing with people who are adept at twisting words to suit their purposes! People who don't mean to bandwagon do it without thinking because they recognize me as being someone to pay attention to.

Time to start thinking for yourselves, kids. It's only real obvious I walked into this thread and started baiting turboteener. It's only the completely obvious.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry I have no idea who you are. Your "reputation" is not known and heralded outside of Honda land. If I had know that you were a person of such high repute I would have instantly bowed to your knowledge.

Wow, I guess I must not know anything about my car, since I posted on Honduh-tech. Guess I should let the hacks at HMT do all of my work for me. Guess because I bought into the myth of Hondata, that I don't know anything about engine tuning. Should have stuck to Turboedit or Uberdata.

Real experts on HMT too:

sikcrx89: doesn't even have a turbo car. Can't tune his own,
SinisterCRX: Doesn't have a turbo car, buys SSAC junk and thinks it is quality stuff
78NOVA has nothing to offer. I was rebuilding enignes before he was born.
90boostdaccord: Has nothing useful to offer but a million post in General discussion, can't fab the right manifold to fit his car so he ghettos some DMS manifold
Chris: at least he is making an effort, if not slightly misguided.
The rest, I am too lazy to read through some of their post.

There are some smart people on HMT, but they are usually quiet.

Wow this has a lot to do with my original question.

Gimme a day or two, I'll see if I can get a hold of Vernon for you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, I'll get ahold of him myself.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turboteener)

i dont car what you say or who you talk to...... YOU WILL NEVER make a smooth transtion from 1 set to the next set of injectors..... you want all 8 on at all times........ why are you trying to make **** difficult for no reason... in the end, YOU WILL HURT THE ENGINE!!!!!

what is your setup, that you feel the need to do something like this ????
Old 08-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is your setup, that you feel the need to do something like this ????</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what I asked also.... but never got an answer too
Old 08-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Banned

I don't know about the transition, will figure it out if I can find the software I need to control the hardware. I can run 310-500CC injectors and a set of 450-750s on the secondary set. Run them both at the same time if need be, or independently.

From what I read about this board:
http://forums.evans-tuning.com...ports

It can be tuned either way.

Want to experiment with my street car, for my race car. I refuse to drive a car that idles like ****, turns the back of my car to blackboard, bucks and stutters. There is no reason why I can't have stock drivability with plenty of power.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Banned

My setup is a turbo D, nothing special. I want to try this stuff out on something I can mess with daily. I need to know if it can provide smooth drivability for a turbocharged road race car.

My tube chassis race car is getting a twin turbocharged V8 if I can make it as easy to drive as a NA car. I just use my street car as the rolling experimental station. For lots of things you can test them on a street car and notice the little changes from day to day. You can also test reliability and durability.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

expletive your gay...

but hey you know "almost everything" but you still ask noobie questions. go ******* read if your so damn smart you ******* douch. and dont give me were do i read. your the smart one remember?
Old 08-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Banned

What is so ******' noob about who makes a part that supposedly doesn't exist.

You ******* retard. Since you know it all why don't you answer the noob question. Cuz no one else can.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think we all know its not a part you go and buy. hence this thread and i also knew it was you're but im lazy and in the habit of using your. also i never liked english.

im trying to find where i said that its a part...
Old 08-11-2006, 06:43 PM

i was thinking about doing 8 injectors on my turbo b. just as an experiment since it seems common that 1600cc injectors don't idle very well. but i decided to just use 4 injectors for the reason of SIMPLICITY AND THE FACT THAT I HAVEN'T FOUND PROPER ENGINE MANAGEMENT THAT WOULD EFFECTIVELY CONTROL BOTH SETS. i don't know what your goals are with your street car or race car but it must be high if you're considering something like this. but if you can pull it off, kudos for you.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboteener &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SinisterCRX: Doesn't have a turbo car, buys SSAC junk and thinks it is quality stuff</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm.. so if I did not own a turbo car, why would I buy SSAC "junk" ? Read before you open your mouth.. JD doesn't even have a turbo car

SSAC junk was bought buy my cousin. I just helped him install it/record the "progress" if you will.

I'm glad JD ripped you a new *******
Old 08-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Banned

Bet that Buick is a quick turbo car right? Try again junior. When you have done more than bolt on some platinum plugs and Altezza tailights on anything YOU own, I might listen to you. When you learn something by doing instead of reading it on the interweb and Sport and Compact Car Magazine, I'll listen to your vast 18years of experience in this world.

From what I have seen the last couple of days JD has more experience in his pinky than all of the bandwagoneers have put together. Yeah I will listen to what he has to offer.

I ask for a company that might build such a control device. I didn't ask how it could be done and it doesn't matter what I am going to do with it. I don't know every part offered for every Honda application in this world. That is why I posted here on HONDATECH. This is supposed to be the technical place for HONDA. If you don't know, don't waste your time typing something in my topic.

If you know the answer to my question or can offer a direction to check great, let me know.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey turboteener....

why dont you look into running an ACCEL DFI GEN7 , it has the capability to stage the injection like you want. we originally did this on our hotrod car... to lessen the duty cycle @ lowrpm/part throttle. we had them come in @ 50% throttle. and then we BENT A CROWER ROD ON A BURNOUT .......... but anyhow... what im saying is if you want to do that. an accel dfi gen7 is capable... but its not a great idea. to say the least.....
Old 08-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboteener &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">From what I have seen the last couple of days JD has more experience in his pinky than all of the bandwagoneers have put together. Yeah I will listen to what he has to offer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dave Fry/dturbocivic isn't exactly a slouch.

Thanks for the kind words, though. I think you are wasting your time on this avenue, but I can guarantee you'll learn *something* if you pursue it... just not what you think you will.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboteener &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ask for a company that might build such a control device. </TD></TR></TABLE>

DIY, *** nog. Use VTEC trigger to switch from single to dual injector banks. There are several ways to go about it, but I'd wire things to drop voltage across single stage/low cam resistor box and dual stage/high cam resistor box via either solid state or "bounceless" reed switch.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SinisterCRX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SinisterCRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">JD doesn't even have a turbo car </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah yeah yeah, whatever. I sold off the other two prijects, pulled the last piece of other people's swill out of my basement, and this weekend is about assembling my car. I can't wait to see people's reaction to a stock-looking Civic STD with a Thule bike rack driving the streets on slicks.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:02 AM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Joseph Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dave Fry/dturbocivic isn't exactly a slouch.

Thanks for the kind words, though. I think you are wasting your time on this avenue, but I can guarantee you'll learn *something* if you pursue it... just not what you think you will.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's cool. If I can't find it I won't worry about it with this car.

DIY, *** nog. Use VTEC trigger to switch from single to dual injector banks. There are several ways to go about it, but I'd wire things to drop voltage across single stage/low cam resistor box and dual stage/high cam resistor box via either solid state or "bounceless" reed switch.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was thinking I could build a piggyback board with four more drivers on it and trigger the board with some sort of output from the Hondata, but I am not sure how I would control the amount of fuel delivered once the swtich comes on. Although I am not sure I really want to get that far into it with this project. May just stick to some high pressure experimentation and leave it at that for now.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why dont you look into running an ACCEL DFI GEN7 , it has the capability to stage the injection like you want. we originally did this on our hotrod car... to lessen the duty cycle @ lowrpm/part throttle. we had them come in @ 50% throttle. and then we BENT A CROWER ROD ON A BURNOUT .......... but anyhow... what im saying is if you want to do that. an accel dfi gen7 is capable... but its not a great idea. to say the least.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know Autronic can do it as well, but I am lazy and already have the Hondata on this car. I may play with it on my race car, if I can't do it with Hondata. Like I said if I could find the board for a couple of 100$ then I would do it but it is not the end of the world if such an item doesn't exist.

Thanks for the insight, I guess I'll do some more research on this one before I go ahead with it.

Quick Reply: Eight injector controller for Hondata