Notices

EFI Course!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI Course!!

hey
i want some suggests about the efi101.com School, i want to register with the ACP Course u could read about it here. http://www.efi101.com/acp.html
well yea its not cheap when u think about the time by the days but if i can get the start useing the dyno and if i can tuning my car by myself i guess its deserves thats money but as u can see i want more info about them actually i talk with them and ill start the course in 23/june still i havnt pay anything for them and i want to know if somebody there try with them anything...
Old 05-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: EFI Course!! (q8delsol)

the EFI101 class's are great. it teaches you a lot about the fundamentals of how the EFI system works, WHY you do what you do when tuning, etc. your not going to leave the class knowing how to tune every system out there...but it is def. a very good starting foundation before you connect your laptop to your ecu and start hitting buttons for reasons you dont even know.

the EFI classes get a big from me. i want to try to go to the motec class in the off season if at all possible
Old 05-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im taking the advanced course in the fall.. i took the basic last year. and learned alot but always want to know more. and this year they will cover more on E85 so definately interested in checking it out.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:31 AM

Default Re: EFI Course!! (Turbo-charged)

actually this what i was afriad about. so its better get the course before i know about the laptop and tuning stuff or should i have info before i get the class.. im just woundring it'll help with a newbie in tuning and ecu stuff or should i get some experience before i start!
Old 05-30-2008, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EFI Course!! (q8delsol)

the efi101 class would be totally beneficial to somebody who has been tuning cars for years or somebody who has never even seen what tuning software looks like.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: EFI Course!! (Turbo-charged)

thinking of it for myself also.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EFI Course!! (boostedcivicsir)

I've taken both the EFI101 and the Motec class. Both of them were very informative and worth every penny.

EFI101 will cover the basic operation of a four-stroke engine. It will also teach you how AFR and Timing can effect the operation of an engine.

Some of the things you will learn will include:

AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) and what "stoichiometric" means and how it varies from different fuels.

VE (Volumetric Efficiency)

Ignition Timing

Peak Cylinder pressure

Flame Front propagation

Pre-Ignition

Detonation

BSFC (Brake Specific Fuel Consumption)

How to calculate Fueling requirements

Effects of air temperature and Barometric pressures

There is quite a bit more that you learn in the class, but that is what I can remember from the class I took 5-6 years ago lol.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

waiting for them to come to the Delmarva area and im in for both classes.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

they recommended not to take the basic and advance classes back to back. and i completely agree take the basics and learn your style of tuning and then take the advanced class with some questions you might have.

Honestly both courses in a week will be overwhelming information and it would be very difficult to absorb it all at once if you have never tuned.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:06 PM

Default Re: (RedneckRicer)

well thats sound great and i have to take the full acp cuase im from kuwait so i cant take the basics first and another taime the advanced.. and im afriad from the languege well i can talk little english but idk i heard there use the english faster then here idk its little confused and they use special terms for the class any suggest about that or could i meet somebody in cali before i get the class?
could i get a free job in cali before i start the class? well i guess ill be in 10/june in cali and ill take the class in 23/june i hope i could know ppl before the class its will help the languege..
Old 05-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.amazon.com/Modify-M...p_url

Buy this instead.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nowtype)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nowtype &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.amazon.com/Modify-M...p_url

Buy this instead.</TD></TR></TABLE>

probably a good read. but to see them tune and get explanations be able to ask questions is far beyond what a book can do.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RedneckRicer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedneckRicer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

probably a good read. but to see them tune and get explanations be able to ask questions is far beyond what a book can do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have fun spending a bundle on an inferior product. You'd be better off buying a D-series engine, tuning equipment, and Jeff's book. Think of that book as a text book. You don't learn Calculus in a weekend. Even with a teacher and a load of examples. Just not enough time in the day. You are better off reading the book and then going to the EFI class but then you will realize how big of a waste the class was because Jeff's book already taught you basically everything you needed to know and now you just need hands on experience.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nowtype)

for the 20 bucks im sure its worth it,(the book) hell most of probably spend more than that on mcdonalds in a week

if the class is coming to the east coast anytime soon, id be interested.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:48 AM

Default Re: (DaveF)

well ill stay in cali month before the class thats will let me get more skills in the languege ill be in cali maybe in 10/june and my class in 14/july if anyone from cali please pm me cuase i have nobody in cali and i need to use the languege too...
anyway i hope its will be great vacation for both the languege and the class.