Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecu qeustion

first i have build b16 and a t3t4 turbo with 550cc injectors. I want to
boost to like 300-350whp. I have a p28 ecu but do i need a piggyback
or can i just get my p28 reprogramed. How far can you go on your p28
Old 05-25-2004, 12:03 PM

Default Re: ecu qeustion (goose21)

you might be alittle confused. I've seen alot of people hit over 600 horsepower on with the p28. So your question is on Engine and ECU management right?? What do you have in mind?? I recomend the cheap chipped ECU by means of Uberdata. The program is free but you have to be somewhat knowlegable with turbos and engine management. The other route that will get you there and is fairly simple would be the VAFC hack which is a piggy back. Let me know if you have any other questions
Old 05-25-2004, 12:17 PM

Default Re: ecu qeustion (MidoriHB)

Are you asking if you can run your motor on just a chipped ECU??
Old 05-25-2004, 12:22 PM

Yes i would like uberdata. But nobody here has ever heard of uberdata.

Old 05-25-2004, 12:31 PM

All you need is someone that is able to follow directions and sodder a chip into ECU. Then the program is free and you can download it from there site. Then you'll need a burner and the nessacary chips to burn and you can run Uberdata.

If you want an easy solution then get big injectors, big pump, and use Apexi VAFC to tune your car. This is a fairly cheap way to do it. You can tune just fuel though not ignition that's why people don't like it to much. I'm using this setup right now but plan on experimenting with Uberdata later. But my car runs just fine using the VAFC hack. They call it a Hack cause you have to 'hack' into pre-exsisting wires going to your ECU.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:32 PM

Yes thats my question. can i just get my ecu chipped on a dyno
Old 05-25-2004, 12:34 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by goose21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes thats my question. can i just get my ecu chipped on a dyno </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes you can run a car on a dyno with a chipped ECU I assume your talking about a chip like skunk makes or something right?? Cause that will work but you'll still need some kind of Engine management if you plan on running a turbo kit.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:43 PM

no i just mean a normal blanc chip. I think if i would use uberdata i would need the same chip. And with this chip they can ajust my injectors and ignition.
They chipped my ecu once. I had a itr engine in my civic with this p28 ecu.
But i've heard there is a limet to how far the can tune a ecu.
Like you can go just to 35% + and to 35% -

Modified by goose21 at 2:02 PM 5/25/2004
Old 05-25-2004, 01:22 PM

bump
Old 05-25-2004, 01:27 PM

Let me get this strait cause you're confusing the **** out of me and I for some reasone still want to help you.

A 'blank' chip won't do anything. So there's no point in putting a blank chip in you ECU. A chip needs a program to tell it what to do. I'm gonna assume you got a chip from somewhere that was already programmed for your specs on your car.

So you have a few parts and you're trying to build a turbo kit is that correct??
If so all you have is a turbo and injectors. YOU ARE GONNA NEED SOME WAY OF CONTROLLING YOUR INJECTORS!! 550 cc injectors are way to big so you need to be able reduce the flow some how. My recomondation for you is to learn alittle more about turbos so here's a head start. Check out this link and then ask questions cause I don't think you have even the slightest clue about anything and are just asking questions on what some else told you.

http://www.beesandgoats.com/bo....html

Its meant for the 2nd gen integras but you can learn alot about the basics of turbos this way. Chick on Fuel Management to see what i was talking about. Better yet sit and read the whole damn thing till you think you have a clue and then start to ask questions!!

Sorry man its not meant to insult you in any way but from what's being said on your part. It seems that you'll benifit from learning alittle more about the topic at hand thru search not asking irrelavent questions.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by goose21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no i just mean a normal blanc chip. I think if i would use uberdata i would need the same chip. And with this chip they can ajust my injectors and ignition.
They chipped my ecu once. I had a itr engine in my civic with this p28 ecu.
But i've heard there is a limet to how far the can tune a ecu.
Like you can go just to 35% + and to 35% -
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can't just smack on a blank chip and drive off into the sunset. If you install a blank chip, the car will barely run and sure as hell won't be happy to see any boost.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:34 PM

OK... You can run a FI car off of a stock ecu with missing link but you will not be able have the boost at any significant level and most likely you will end up harming your motor. A chipped ecu will work depending on the chip program for instance you can't run a all-motor program on a turbo car. For any serious FI car you will need some sort of fuel management..hondata-uberdata-aem-afc hack-fmu etc...
Old 05-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by goose21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes i would like uberdata. But nobody here has ever heard of uberdata.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you confuzed or lost? LOTS AND LOTS! of people here knows Uberdata! Lots of members here pushing good numbers on the dyno with Uber. Search around ...
Old 05-25-2004, 01:42 PM

Default Re: ecu qeustion (synik)

I think he mean the NETHERLANDS!!
Old 05-25-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Re: ecu qeustion (synik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by synik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Are you confuzed or lost? LOTS AND LOTS! of people here knows Uberdata! Lots of members here pushing good numbers on the dyno with Uber. Search around ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Check his location bro...
Old 05-25-2004, 01:57 PM

Default Re: ecu qeustion (SeanEF)

Sorry if i confuse you guys. But i'm from the Netherlands and my english isn't so great. What i ment was, Can they reprogram my ecu enough. I don't now what program the use but what i do now of it, is that it can ajust my fuel settings and ignition. But like i said in another post, i've heard that theres a limit to the degree
the can ajust your fuel and ignition settings. And if you would want to go further
you'l need a piggybag or a standalone . This is what someone told me

Old 05-25-2004, 09:00 PM

i would go with a piggy-back even with a moderate turbo setup..IMO you can never be too safe. who wants to spend all that time putting together a FI system to have it blow up days later. I would talk to some tuning shops around you and find out what they are comfortable tuning then go from there. Or you could just have a Netherlands Mase-a-palooza