Notices

ECU Code 13 Barometric or Atmospheric Pressure fix with E-Manage Emanage OBDII Integra search f00!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 06:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ECU Code 13 Barometric or Atmospheric Pressure fix with E-Manage Emanage OBDII Integra search f00!

If you have emanage and get a Code 13 from your ECU, read this:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=945417

Edit: OK, it's not a complete solution. WOT in a higher gear at 1000-2000 RPM still causes the code to be thrown. ECU expects 1 atmosphere under these conditions too. I wasn't sure about it so I just tried it and the code reappeared.

Stupid stupid stupid

Modified by ccfries at 3:07 PM 8/5/2004
Old 08-04-2004, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ECU Code 13 Barometric or Atmospheric Pressure fix with E-Manage Emanage OBDII Integra search f0

Baro code is going to happen in the later OBDs if there is conflict between baro and MAP for an extended period at WOT, like when you were boosting in higher gear.

Resistor across PA sensor in the ECU only skews signal, you'd want to either clamp it like the MAP or (ASSuming it's same sensor as MAP) high speed relay it to the MAP's clamped voltage when the MAP reaches said voltage. Of course, that's a lot of trouble to go to in the day and age of the freeware standalone.

Glad your car runs for you with no CEL, good luck.

Modified by mekkis at 4:25 AM 8/5/2004
Old 08-04-2004, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ECU Code 13 Barometric or Atmospheric Pressure fix with E-Manage Emanage OBDII Integra search f0

My ECU sees 2.7V at WOT according to a datalog I just took. So that should be good enough, since seeing just less than an atmosphere at WOT and seeing exactly the atmospheric pressure with the key on, engine not running.

I would think that you have some room to play with to account for the normal intake pressure difference with an intake restricting the flow, and the fact that the car's interior pressure is going to fluctuate with the windows up/down etc, so the car really can't use the barometric pressure sensor for much with the car running.

I think it might only be used at ignition turn-on time, before the car starts.
I'll post again if I'm wrong

-Chris