Notices

Early budget turbo advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Early budget turbo advice

New to this site, so lets start off with my project.

I am building a boosted B20 vtec. The bottom end is just about done. I have a sleeved LS block bored to 84mm(still a B20 to me), JGE turbo rods, knifed edge crank that was also micro-polished, forged CP pistons with a 9.1:1 compression(with the LS Pr4 head).

I am going with a GSR head that I will have ported and polished, a 5 angle valve job, Edelbrock performer X intake, new ITR cams and probably internals for the head. Would like to go with over sized valves as well if I can find the money.

Will also have to make a custom manifold for it as well as the down pipe....most of the piping for that matter.....so tips on fabbing the manifold?

main goal is 500whp but staying close to a daily driver.

So here are some questions.

What size throttle body should I use for the boost set up?
Also have no clue on injectors, fuel rail and anything along those lines?

Which turbo would you each suggest? A few options would be nice since I am most likely going to have to find it used.

Would it be worth running a boost controller? are they any problems with them?

I will be needing a set of custom axles...are there any good shops that would make a strong custom set for a decent price?

Just incase it was not a given. Will be running a decent amount of boost(whatever it takes for the 500hp) and an Obd1 hanress made to fit my car.

I am in no rush for this project at all as I am still in the body work phase but would like to have a good mind set of what I need when I start getting parts.