Notices

e manage question

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e manage question

i have the full greddy e manage kit and i am buying a laptop this week to tune it with but the kit comes with a serial to usb cord and most laptops come with only usb ports now days so my question is has anyone here used a usb to usb cord with there e manage

also i posted this in tech but will include it here incase anyone has any input:

im swaping a b16 into my eg civic and it will be turboed about a week after i do my swap. my question is if i install my 450cc injectors will the car run off of my factory ecu or will it be to rich? i have the full greddy e manage kit and will be installing it eventually but i just want to know if it will run in the mean time.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: e manage question (Black Si)

you will need a 9 pin adapter because the code you input in the computer is used as a password by the cord that comes with the greddy unit. if you don't use it then you will not be able to link up. i have heard of a crack floating around, but your on your own for that. check the yahoo posts on emanage, lots of info there
Old 04-23-2004, 07:25 PM

Default Re: e manage question (boostngsr)

thanks for your help
Old 04-23-2004, 09:13 PM

word of advice--don't buy anything bigger than 370cc injectors. I was forced to use those on my GSR. The e-manage sucks ***, I hate it. My distributor coil has fried twice now and has continuous problems. It was installed by a good shop and tuned on a dyno (277 @ 10psi) but this is not a good daily driver setup. I'm switching to hondata as soon as i recover from the expenses of getting the emanage setup.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have the full greddy e manage kit and i am buying a laptop this week to tune it with but the kit comes with a serial to usb cord and most laptops come with only usb ports now days so my question is has anyone here used a usb to usb cord with there e manage

also i posted this in tech but will include it here incase anyone has any input:

im swaping a b16 into my eg civic and it will be turboed about a week after i do my swap. my question is if i install my 450cc injectors will the car run off of my factory ecu or will it be to rich? i have the full greddy e manage kit and will be installing it eventually but i just want to know if it will run in the mean time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have to use one of greddy's cords, Or one of the copy ones.
Its not as simple as a USB cord.
The e-manage will compensate for the 450 when you type it up in the parameters
It wont run until then though
Old 04-23-2004, 10:34 PM

Default Re: e manage question (hiendgsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hiendgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">word of advice--don't buy anything bigger than 370cc injectors. I was forced to use those on my GSR. The e-manage sucks ***, I hate it. My distributor coil has fried twice now and has continuous problems. It was installed by a good shop and tuned on a dyno (277 @ 10psi) but this is not a good daily driver setup. I'm switching to hondata as soon as i recover from the expenses of getting the emanage setup.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have 370's and its run fine.
I am going bigger soon.
And what does the e-manage have to do with frying your coils?
Its prefectly fine for daily driving, as a matter of fact, its a very good option for daily driven.
Hondata is much more than a basic E-manage setup
Old 04-29-2004, 06:51 PM

thanks for the help
do any of you have a base map that i can use on my e manage
its a b16a w/ turbo at about 8 psi , 450cc injectors
Old 04-30-2004, 08:06 AM

e-manage ignition harness messes up your distributor. It messed up my ls/vtec. It wouldnt even crank sometimes. Fried a couple of ignition coils. The fuel side works fine but the ignition side messes things up. Did the same to my friends supra. Ignition harness not worth it.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SolidGround_Accord)

I wonder if the "diode trick" will work like it has on my friends Maxima...we installed diodes(forgot what kind) inline on the ignition output wires to the coils(6 direct coils) and so far to this day not ONE burnt coil. we ran up to 1* retard and no probs, only thing is, with the diode trick I don't think you can advance timing, only retard