dynojet setup...dyno operators chim in please

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynojet setup...dyno operators chim in please

CLIFFNOTES:
-I found a good condition dyno at my school thats not hooked up
-My instructer says he cant get the software for it so its sat there for the past 2 years
-I would love to get this thing operating and start tuning some stuff
-I have tons of tuning knowledge but nothing on the set up or operation of a dyno
-Please help

Ok guys iv been in the honda game for a while now and just to give u a lil back ground Iv owned a turbo b, nitrous b & d, and right now I own just a stock ex with a z6 along with a stock lx 4door and a 09 4 door si. My stock z6 is turbo ready, so iv installed a wideband, 630cc injectors, and a s300 along with other goodies to handle some boost. I made a nice lil map for right now while its stock and I love playin around with it. Iv always tuned my own cars on hondata (no dyno) or ran a chipped ecu with some base map depending. Iv done several swaps, built motors, blew up motors lol and I hate paying people to do work for me, in fact I just dont do it. So iv never had any of my cars dyno tuned and I havnt even been around a dyno period. So I really would appreciate if a dyno operator would help me out step by step over the next few weeks.

I finally decided to try and make a career out of what i loved to do so I enrolled at cape fear community college in wilmington NC for auto technology systems. Well I just finished my second day and all weve done is basic introduction and the instructer had us go to the lab/shop just to look around and ask questions. Well im looking around, nothing to impressive, a few cool learning tools like peg boards with different operating systems layed out and so on. Well i get to looking in the corner and buried under a ton of junk I see a dynojet sticker on the side of a black box. I uncover the stuff and c a huge roller....oh **** thats a dyno!! So i promptly get the instructers attention and ask him if this is in working order or whats the deal with it. He says, "well we bought it from some shop who hops up imports (he's obviously a big chevy v8 guy, wears a nascar hat everyday lol) and thought theyd make money with it but didnt so we got it for cheap". "Weve had it for 3 semesters and its never been operated, if u want to know more talk to the other auto tech instructer". So I get his name and head out the door. The next day I get to speak with the other instructer about it, this is what he says. "well the only reason I cant use it is because i cant get the software for it." I say, "have u tried the manufacturers web site". He says no. I say well do u know the model number for it and he says no. I say is it inertia only or does it have a brake for loading and he says yes its both and it came with a bunch of red boxes, I think one is some sort of gas analyizer (im assuming a wideband) and rpm pickup, etc... I say ok, if i can get the software and donate a laptop can we get this thing working. He says sure, let me know what kind of info u find for it and well c what we can do.

So Im super excited and checked out dynojets website and find what i believe to b the right software..winpep7 or something. So I download it but realize its compressed and I dont know if i have winzip (havnt really gotten that far, id like some help before I look stupid trying to show the instructer something i really have no idea about) but Im sure I can get it uncompressed. What I need to know is where do i even start. The dyno does have a lift in front of it but its not bolted down and I am unsure of the proper layout so we can run both fwd and rwd and be able to saftly strap down both. The only thing I saw coming from the dyno was like a thirteen pin (big old school connector, im not even sure if its 13 pin or what) and wire harness with 3-5 cut wires. It also had two ***** on the side. I believe the model is a 224xLC but thats just what it looks like comparing it to the dynos on dynojets website. I can get any pictures (I didnt c any model #s or anything) or numbers u need to help me out on this. I consider myself semi computer literate but im def no computer technician. No other students really seemed interested and unfortuntly neither did my instructer. Please help me with this.....Please, i would love to throw my z6 on here and play with timing, fueling, dif parameters and the like, especially come tax time when I plan on purchasing my turbo kit. PLEASE HELP
Old 08-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: dynojet setup...dyno operators chim in please

Call dynojet up and get the FULL software... the files you found on their site are strictly for viewing runs. Have all of the dyno information ready. Good luck.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: dynojet setup...dyno operators chim in please

Yep I just found that out, thanks precision. I would greatly appreciate if ud follow this thread found here:https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...1#post43329640

If u have any more info itd be greatly appreciated. thanks again