Notices

Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!! VIDEO INSIDE~

Today was the big day i had with the dyno. I have been busting my *** the last couple weeks putting this **** together (nothing has gone right) and im relieved today came.

SETUP:
LS Block
Srp 9:1 Pistons
eagle rods
Gsr Head
Spark Racing Turbo Kit
t3/t4 60-1
Greddy Profec b spec 2
550cc RC injectors
Hondata s200b

The first pull I had was at 284 whp at .6 bar (8.7 psi). This was just what we had from the part throttle done on the street.

Next we hit 298 whp at .6 bar.

The boost was then bumped to 11psi where we made 320ish whp!

Then it was bumped to 13 psi where we stoped at 340 whp!!!

The limiting factor was the injectors which were to the limits. Damn 550's!

My overall experiece with GruvyTune was EXCELLENT!!! He is a very knowledgeable guy who knows his stuff. I was real happy with the numbers he put at such a safe tune. I will definetley recomend him for anyone who needs a tune in the NY area. He is the man to go to. As everyone on here says, "Its the tune that makes the difference!"

Now to the bad news! Just as he is about to leave, we hook in my interface box which is an hondata s200b. Of course with my luck the red led was flashing. The box i have seems to be faulty. He asked where i got it and i said i bought it off allablur on h-t. I also said i bought that p72 from him too. He then told me it was a p28 . Aparently it doesnt have the "second story" of the ecu. So now im kinda **** out of luck becuase i have a 340 hp civic that is in limp mode . Thats just another chapter in my problems.

The dyno charts are all goofy and off. I dont have max torque readings with me, but i rember seeing something like 257 on the screen at one point. I have to stop back at the place and get new print outs b/c these ones are funny. I also looked at my video, and on the last run, the dyno laptop read 347whp at one point. Confusing.

Here is the video i had taken.

Modified by streetlvlhatch at 11:20 PM 4/14/2004

Modified by streetlvlhatch at 1:49 PM 4/15/2004

Modified by streetlvlhatch at 9:28 PM 4/15/2004
Old 04-14-2004, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!! (streetlvlhatch)

pics of the graph? what did he tune your a/f ratio to? what do the timing #s look like?
Old 04-14-2004, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!! (ITSTOCK)

He tuned at at around 12.3:1 and a little richer in the real high rpms. He didnt do to much with the ignition and just left it set at the normal settings to my knowledge.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!! (calmweed)

my interface box is flashing the red led. The box is faulty. We used gruvytunes during the session, and when we swapped boxes, mine didnt work.

And also, i paid for a p72 which is more expensive, and im running the gsr manifold so i wanted it to open the iab's. Thats why i purchased it. I know the tune is fine no matter what ecu, its just i didnt get what i paid for.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (calmweed)

After seeing those charts makes me want my engine together faster and faster.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:40 AM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!! (streetlvlhatch)

whoever sold him that ecu and hondata should either be strung from his ***** for not knowing what he was selling, or sent to jail for fraud.

The ECU was not a P72 as he was informed it would be, and the Hondata box MAY have a fault since it errors out.

His timing was based on timing curves I developed for the B18/vtec combination after many hours of street and dyno time and I dont share them with people. They are not stock maps by any stretch of the imagination.

You dont need knock sensing and really you dont want it with a built motor like this.

Hopefully Hondata will help us figure out what is wrong with his S200 box.

Old 04-15-2004, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!! (GruvyTune)

Let me tell you that torin is the man for tunning, he tuned my setup on the vafc hack and i ran it a 11psi for almost a year( stock bottom end), and i pulled the head the other day to start on my build up and every thing looked great , so it just shows that when somone knows what they are doing you can have a great out come. I have now switched to hondata and will be tunning with torin within the next 2 weeks.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:25 AM

340whp nice numbers either way. you could always get a different manifold. w/numbers like that it would make some good power
Old 04-15-2004, 05:31 AM

Default Re: Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!! (GruvyTune)

It appears to be running real phat, going by the egt's- i would think they would be at least 1100- I washed a cylinder running 880-900 egt's (way rich)?
Old 04-15-2004, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GruvyTune &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whoever sold him that ecu and hondata should either be strung from his ***** for not knowing what he was selling, or sent to jail for fraud.

The ECU was not a P72 as he was informed it would be, and the Hondata box MAY have a fault since it errors out.

His timing was based on timing curves I developed for the B18/vtec combination after many hours of street and dyno time and I dont share them with people. They are not stock maps by any stretch of the imagination.

You dont need knock sensing and really you dont want it with a built motor like this.

Hopefully Hondata will help us figure out what is wrong with his S200 box.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nice work Gruvy. You still using the old techedge like me.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!! (XratedSi)

deifnitly nice- I am just finishing up a similar setup (gsr/b16head), t3/t04s, and a little bigger injector- This gives me hope on hitting 400whp-

I was just curious why your egt's were so low?
Old 04-15-2004, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!! (XratedSi)

Where in NY are you located? I'm gonna need some tuning done soon.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:06 AM
TurboJesse

Default Re: Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!! (Stickdeath)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stickdeath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">340whp nice numbers either way. you could always get a different manifold. w/numbers like that it would make some good power</TD></TR></TABLE>

why would he get a new manifold? to be cooll on H-T?

Anyways nice numbers
Old 04-15-2004, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!! (Mpir3)

The egt's were so low because they read out of the back of my exhuast system. The dynos a/f was at the rear also. The only limiting factor was the injectors, but overall im definetely please with the tuning. It sucks b/c now i cant drive it. .
Old 04-15-2004, 08:43 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by streetlvlhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It sucks b/c now i cant drive it. .</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn that sucks.

Hope you confronted the original seller already about this dishonest dealing.

Please give the name of this dishonest seller.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:46 AM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!! (ladysman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Nice work Gruvy. You still using the old techedge like me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Using the new version of techedge. works like a charm.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice work!

you're in NY now?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!! (SiRkid)

can you explain why you do not want a KS in a motor like that? Are you saying the piston slap or some other variable induced from the higher strength components will make the KS's function moot, or are you saying otherwise?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!! (94goldjungsr)

The noise of the forged pistons will set off the knock sensor from time to time I imagine. Good numbers
Old 04-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice, you have stock rods?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:48 AM

Default Re: (dunkd)

no sorry i have eagles!
Old 04-15-2004, 09:55 AM

Default Re: (streetlvlhatch)

nice work gruvytune...

I'm sure I will be seeing him again for the third time in the near future...
Old 04-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GruvyTune &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Using the new version of techedge. works like a charm.</TD></TR></TABLE>

HeHe, at least you upgraded.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (streetlvlhatch)

Here is a short video of one of John's dyno runs yesterday. It was loud as **** in person!

340whp is going to be killer.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:04 PM
WEST COAST

Good Job John ... You Just need to get some 720cc or 860cc ... Also John you will need to get a rear mount Insert thier was alot of Motor Movement in that Video.. I say get the injectos turn it up to 18 psi for the street make 450hp+

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Dyno Numbers with Spark Racing Kit on an LS/VTEC!!!!!! Tune by GRUVYTUNE!!!!!