Notices

Dual Bosst Level Using Tial Wastegate....?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Bosst Level Using Tial Wastegate....?

Im currently building my LSV turbo project and i would like to run two boost curves hi and lo boost but i cant seem to figure out how i would set this up given the way i know a external wastegate works can some one explain this to me does boostcontrollers only work with internal wastgates ...?

Modified by Spec R_GSR at 1:22 PM 1/20/2007
Old 01-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dual Bosst Level Using Tial Wastegate....? (Spec R_GSR)

You suck at english. Anyways your obvously dont know how a wastegate works if you need to ask if a boost controller only work on a internal. The wg itself wont manaully run two stages. Just pick up a dual stage boost controller, set it up and your good to go.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Dual Bosst Level Using Tial Wastegate....? (SlowReaction)

http://www.turboxs.com
Old 01-20-2007, 11:01 AM
BCICAN

Default Re: Dual Bosst Level Using Tial Wastegate....?

You would have to use either a manual boost controller or an electronic boost controller.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dual Bosst Level Using Tial Wastegate....? (Dunc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dunc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You would have to use either a manual boost controller or an electronic boost controller.</TD></TR></TABLE>

can you tell me how to do 2 stages of boost with a single manual boost controller, thanks
Old 01-20-2007, 11:07 AM
BCICAN

Default Re: Dual Bosst Level Using Tial Wastegate....? (dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

can you tell me how to do 2 stages of boost with a single manual boost controller, thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sure thing. You get out of the car and twist the ****. I thought that was kind of a given thing to assume.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spec R_GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i would like to run two boost curves hi and lo boost ...?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dunc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sure thing. You get out of the car and twist the ****. I thought that was kind of a given thing to assume.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds pretty accurate ill stop in the middle of a run, and switch to hi boost, then get back in my car

Old 01-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lmao, i'm just going to hang on a bar a few feet off the ground so my arms stretch out, then i can just adjust the manual valve from the driver's seat

TurboXS Dual Stage, and call it a day. Depending on your EMS, you can even implement it and have it all done through the ECU.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Dual Bosst Level Using Tial Wastegate....? (a1320addict)

so all this is possible using a standard tial 38mm wastegate but what i dont get is if i have say a 7lb spring in my wg how would the turbo x dual stage regulate boost from 7lb to say 1bar

Modified by Spec R_GSR at 2:21 PM 1/20/2007
Old 01-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It keeps the wastegate valve closed until the desired boost is reached, you can generally run 2x as much pressure as the spring is rated for.

For the dual-stage function, a switch is mounted in the car that is connected to the second solenoid. Flip the switch and now, you have activated the second stage of boost.

Mine is tied into Neptune, so when I want to utilize my high bost setting, I just flip the switch at any time and the switch-over is mph-based/gear based. While with the standard setup with the Dual-Stage, you flip the switch when you want the added power, a button on your shift **** or steering wheel will work best.

Use the search button
Old 01-20-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Dual Bosst Level Using Tial Wastegate....? (a1320addict)

what is neptune...?
i wanted this setup up for two reasons launch control to help with traction issues
and for daily driving as i dont want to run full boost for daily roadward driving.....

im very new to this so bare with me..any suggestions am i expecting too much
Old 01-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Neptune is an EMS.

I wouldn't say your expecting too much, but without the intent of offense, you need to gain some more knowledge before you get to the nitty-gritty, so-to-speak.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:00 PM
BCICAN

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> sounds pretty accurate ill stop in the middle of a run, and switch to hi boost, then get back in my car
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes or no question: did the original post say anything about a multi-stage boost controller? Ans: No.
Yes or no question: did the original post say anything about how to adjust between two different boost settings at the push of a button? Ans: No.
Yes or no question: did the original post mention anything about switching the boost during a run? Ans: No.
Yes or no question: Can you switch between hi and low boost on a MBC? Ans: Yes, either attach it or adjust it before the run.

I answered his question as best as I could with the given information in the original post. The MBC is a viable option. Now if he wants to switch it in the middle of a run or by gear then yes I agree with you a multistage/ebc would be needed. You should definitely try switching in the middle of a run like you stated, that'd be fun.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dunc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes or no question: did the original post say anything about a multi-stage boost controller? Ans: No.
Yes or no question: did the original post say anything about how to adjust between two different boost settings at the push of a button? Ans: No.
Yes or no question: did the original post mention anything about switching the boost during a run? Ans: No.
Yes or no question: Can you switch between hi and low boost on a MBC? Ans: Yes, either attach it or adjust it before the run.

I answered his question as best as I could with the given information in the original post. The MBC is a viable option. Now if he wants to switch it in the middle of a run or by gear then yes I agree with you a multistage/ebc would be needed. You should definitely try switching in the middle of a run like you stated, that'd be fun.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i knew you were going to get me on that... i seriously read over the OP like 5 times before i commented back to you...