Notices

Dsm Prelude Boost problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dsm Prelude Boost problem

I just got done with my dsm prelude turbo project, the one that alot of accords do with the f22a1 engine and Im trying to figure out 3 things,

1) the internal wastegate actuator arm doesnt move when given throttle and let off, I made it adjustable to lower the boost. I thought they were supposed to move the flapper to get rid of excess boost..

2)Im not reading boost on my boost gauge, only vaccum...like -10, no positive pressure and its boosting for sure because when I drive it it kicks back and the BOV screams. The gauge is t'd off in between the fmu, manifold, and fuel pressure regulator. The BOV is t'd there as well...not sure if it could be a leak but if it reads vaccum then the line should be fine right

3) The BOV seems to let a little little bit of air out when at idle, as if it hisses, that should be fine right?
Old 08-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Dsm Prelude Boost problem (bella_bluelude)

The actuator arm will not move unless it needs to bypass exh. so you dont boost more then you should, so you wont ever see it move cause it will only be working under boost. lol

What you need to do is route just your FMU and WG line off of your FPR. As for your boost gauge and your BOV, its a good idea to route em off of your brake booster line. You sorta gotta rig something up, not nessicerily in that order but something thats clean and doesnt leak. Lots of people use vaccum logs to take care of a mess like that. I think that you have too many things T'd off of one vac. line. Try something different. As for the 14b, they will show a lil different vac. @ idle cause the turbo is small and builds boost easily. My buddies SR20 with a t25 practically builds boost @ idle cause the turbo is so small. He is at like 10 in vac. If you need to see if you have leaks, take a small propane torch bottle and turn on the gas and run it by your vac. hoeses and connections and your idle will change if it sucks in the gas. Ive never done this myself but Ive herd that it works pretty well. Or you can put carb cleaner on the hose connections as well and that will make the idle change too.

That sounds normal for the BOV. When you give it gas it should stop letting out air and when you let off it should let quite a bit out.

Good luck dude, Boost rocks!

Blaze