Notices

DSM Injectors...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 05:10 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DSM Injectors...

I plan on installing a set of 450cc injectors off of a DSM onto my 99' GSR and was wondering what I would need to make this work. I have a resistor box ready to go in as well. Will these injectors fit in nicely or will I need to modify anything? Which rings should I use for the fuel rail side and the manifold side?
Old 05-06-2002, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DSM Injectors... (LEON)

Are they 1g or 2g? I heard that the 1g o rings need a little trimming. I also heard the 2g ones pretty much fit with no mods....someone correct me if im wrong.

Yager-
Old 05-06-2002, 05:57 PM
Trial User

Default Re: DSM Injectors... (ImportHatch)

They are 1g injectors. I plan on buying new O rings for them, but need to know which are the best/easiest for drop in fitment.
Old 05-07-2002, 05:45 AM
Trial User

Anyone? I just need to know;

1.) what inj. O rings to use for the manifold and fuel rail side and where the best place to get them?
2.) do I need to use inj clips and where to get them?
Old 05-07-2002, 07:16 AM
New User

Yes. You need different injector clips. You can clip them off of the donor DSM's harness or purchase them at Pep Boys. They are about $18 each new.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DSM Injectors... (B20C5 Turbo)

or get clips from an old junk yard honda..or even a new KIA
Old 05-07-2002, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DSM Injectors... (SiRkid)

Here's the scoop.

You need b16 lower injector seals, as the 450cc injectors are a bit longer.
You can use the stock DSM upper injector seals. You'll find tha the DSM 450's are a sweet fit on the stock fuel rail.

For my jrsc, I had to make 10mm spacers to properly space the fuel rail, from the intake mani. For stock mani, I think you need either a 6mm or 8mm spacer (x 3 of course).

Now for the wiring.....
Because the DSM injectors are a saturated type injector, you'll need a resistor pack of some sort. I've seen people use either of the following methods to do this.

1 - Run a 10ohm/10watt resistor on the yellow/black wire on your oem injector plug. This is an effecient way to do it, but one I haven't tested yet (my resistors are on backorder).
2 - The tried and true method of wiring is as as follows. Buy an oem OBD1 type resistor pack out of an EF civic, or gen 1 integra. Run your 4 yellow/black wires from the oem clips to the red wire on the resistor box. Then run the black output wires on the resistor box to the new injectors, to replace the wires you ran into the box.

Voila! you have tons of fuel now.
FYI, run a search on hostboard, and clubsi. I know there is a great set of pics from svanhook around somewhere that really helped me to the swapover.

Good Luck.

Old 05-07-2002, 09:35 AM
Trial User

Default Re: DSM Injectors... (hypa)

okay, I think I got this....

I'll hook up the resistor box, run the wiring to the injectors. Replace the lower inj rings with b16s and upper with stock DSM seals. I'll need to add spacers to make them fit right. Oh and I need to get clips.

Where's the best place to get the inj seals, the dealership? Also, is there a cheaper place to get the clips from - new?
Old 05-07-2002, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought my b16 injector seals from Honda. They cost around $5 each. The upper seals came with my injectors, so no worries there. You can buy those at any DSM dealer, along with the clips. I'm heading to the wreckers today to buy some extra clips, since I have a tendency to lose things like that

Spacers can be made using tube stock, and cutting to length.

Also, buy an FPR if you don't have one. These bastards flow a lot of fuel.
Old 05-07-2002, 05:47 PM
Trial User

Do you have any pics? Especially of the DSM inj clips? I called the Mits dealership and they have no idea what I'm asking for - and since I dont know what they look like, neither do I.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That will work using spacers, but its not the best way. The intake ports are designed to have the spray at a certain spot. Doing it with spacers will concentrate the spray at the top of the port which might not be such a good thing.
Its easy enough to bore out your stock injector grommets to fit the larger body DSM injectors, instead of just having them press against the tip. Below is a set of newly modified grommets, and pics of the injectors in place. Looks stock.

Old 05-07-2002, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DSM Injectors... (RioNinja)

hrmm..this isnt in svanhooks(or sonnyballs...same guy)write up.or is it easier to drop em into an Si?
Old 05-08-2002, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

will a resistor pack from an old acura legend work(yes its a v6 but ill only use 4 wires) i measured it and it read 6 ohms... will it work with dsm's?? or do i need a civic one?
Old 05-08-2002, 10:09 AM
Trial User

Default Re: DSM Injectors... (RioNinja)

what did you use to evenly bore the grommets?
Old 05-08-2002, 10:22 AM

Because the DSM injectors are a saturated type injector, you'll need a resistor pack of some sort.
just wanted to correct this... dsm injectors and most injectors above 440cc are peak and hold, aka low impedence. we run saturated aka high impedence injectors stock.
Old 05-08-2002, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt
Old 05-08-2002, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: DSM Injectors... (94hondahybrid)

I used stock B16A2 grommets with my JRSC'd 2000 Civic Si. No changes were necessary. The 2G DSM injectors fit right in with no mods.

Sonny
Old 05-08-2002, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DSM Injectors... (Sonnyballs)

what about my ohms question...
will the pack i have work? acura legend measuring 6 ohms
Old 05-08-2002, 07:38 PM

Yes, it will work. That is the taller, longer and silver looking box right? Because I have that and compared the ohms reading with the ones that people use mostly (the smaller heat sink looking ones )... I got the same readings. Basically if it reduces the Ohm, it will work. Some people even right up a resistor box using Radio Shack parts.

[Modified by karmannghia, 4:41 AM 5/9/2002]
Old 05-08-2002, 08:50 PM

Default Re: DSM Injectors... (karmannghia)

Alright kids listen up from somoene who JUST PUT IN 450 INJECTORS. They went into my '93 Del Sol Si. The O rings do need trimming, yes, and to achieve this you get a razor blade, brand new and sharp. Place the O ring on a flat surface so that the ring conforms, deforming the shape of the circle and making it flat on the bottom instead of round. Now that you have a nicle flat surface, start scraping at the inside of the ring. Rotate the ring a quarter turn and repeat. Those ******* need a lot of scraping though. You don't need to get new clips either. The DSM clips have a small vertical plastic tab on the inside of the elctrical plug in, so take the same razor blade and cut it off. It is extremely easy. Congratulations, you just saved 60 bucks. These wicked ************* pump so much fuel that my car idles like a V8 and bogs like mad. When I get my turbo in it shouldn't bog. BTW, after puttin in new injectors, your car will crank for like 10 to 15 seconds before it actually starts. I almost **** when mine didn't start but held it and it finally started . You gotta get the fuel goin through them. One more thing, make sure your engine is completely cool before doing it or you will get pressurized gas blasting at your eyes like I did. Good luck sucka.
Old 05-08-2002, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what about my ohms question...
will the pack i have work? acura legend measuring 6 ohms
It will work. 2 of the wires won't be used since it's a 6 cylinder resistor pack, but that's ok.

Sonny
Old 05-09-2002, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DSM Injectors... (Sonnyballs)

yup.silver, GHETTO, old long box
alrighty.i was just checking.every where i see..everyone say 10ohms.
thanks for the INFO i got it free aswell!!
Old 05-10-2002, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DSM Injectors... (94hondahybrid)

so no spacers? i have a b18b and as far as i know they use the same fuel rail.
I can only speak for my experience with the B16A2 and the JRSC intake manifold. I used the stock fuel rail, stock Honda o-rings and injectors seals, and 2G DSM injectors. I think one of the other JRSC guys did the same on his 98 D16Y8.

Sonny

Old 05-10-2002, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well i just tried to size up a set of first gen 450s in my 2000 si and there no way they are gonna fit, yeah the gromet has to be trimed and all that but the plugs will not hook up, there totally diffrent, i tried to shave of the tab in the center and still no go. I gues ill have to swap out plugs. damn
Old 05-10-2002, 01:58 PM
JT

Default Re: DSM Injectors... (turboex)

Here is a size comparison for DSM, RC, and stock Honda 240cc injectors. I've installed 1G and 2G DSM 450cc on my 98 Civic using stock bottom seals and DSM stock top O rings without any problems. You can tell in the pictures that the sizes are very close. Also look at the RC injector comparing to DSM the injector. They are almost the same height. If you can fit RC in your car, then the DSM will fit as well. BTW, I've also used the RC with stock Honda bottom seals without any trimming.

http://members7.clubphoto.com/johnny...53/guest.phtml

Quick Reply: DSM Injectors...