Notices

Driving my car cause i just got my turbo tuned and everything by AutoWave and my radiator cracked H

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving my car cause i just got my turbo tuned and everything by AutoWave and my radiator cracked H

I dono what went wrong. I was driving down the street just testing it out last night and drove it hard and all of a sudden bam mad smoke is coming from my rear. WHen i slow down its my hood and it smells like radiator fluid. Do they usually crack. cause I just got this one not to long ago. So i open my hood not to much smoke but it smells like radiator fluid and i cant find any crack or anything.

I was thinking jsut buy a new fluidyne radiator but then someone told me there way to big for my Drag gen 3 Stage 2 turbo kit.

Any help would be helpful.

THanx.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Driving my car cause i just got my turbo tuned and everything by AutoWave and my radiator crack

An oem radiator? Yea, they crack all the time, I don't think it was turbo related. Mine cracked the 5th day I had my turbo, but that's just because it was old.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Driving my car cause i just got my turbo tuned and everything by AutoWave and my radiator crack

when I was swapping my motor at 90k miles, just pulling the upper radiator hose off destroyed that whole connection...
Old 07-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah top tanks are plastic get brittle with age, fiddling around in the engine bay like you do when installing turbos is often enough to crack them mine broke as I was leaving the shop just after the install, you can normally tell when there going to break as the plastic go's whitish looking often happends where the top radiator hose is connected, get a new top tank and you will be good for another 10 years or so.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:55 AM

hmm whats weird is my car is perfectly fine now.

I brang it to the track raced a few races my water/oil levels were good. My radiator was good.

Dono what went wrong maybe cause i jsut ran over water?
Old 07-19-2004, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you cant find the crack check the hoses on the back of the motor on the water tube. Mine came off a few times while tuning and spewed coolant all over the place.