Notices

DRAG Turbo - Company Info???

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRAG Turbo - Company Info???

I can't find any info on the web for DRAG... I've got some technical/general questions for the shop boys and can't figure out how to get in touch with them. Anyone know a number or URL, maybe one of you dealer folks? Thanks a bunch!
Old 07-22-2002, 10:02 AM
Trial User

Default Re: DRAG Turbo - Company Info??? (atisvt99)

Drag is basically a company that throws other peoples products together to form a "complete" kit... and then sells it....
Old 07-22-2002, 10:22 AM
New User

whatever questions you have can be easily answered here I'm sure
Old 07-22-2002, 01:44 PM

try a search. I had some issues that DRAG had to answer and someone had posted a phone number a while back. If it is just tech questions, ask on here.
Old 07-22-2002, 01:46 PM

Default Re: DRAG Turbo - Company Info??? (teg2snbtrbd)

i got my kit from david shih. http://www.dragturbokits.com

he is in the process of making an official page for drag. he's an auth dealer, guy w/ the deals on bunch of free stuff on ebay. i got the kit for only $2600. he'll hook you up.
Old 07-22-2002, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DRAG Turbo - Company Info??? (ceemarun)

I'm not looking to buy a kit or 'deal' with someone, per say... I've got some design questions about their manifold. So, unless the manifolds are manufactured by the numerous Drag Dealers out there, it wont do me much good.

So... anyone got the info in question?
Old 07-22-2002, 02:44 PM

I'm not looking to buy a kit or 'deal' with someone, per say... I've got some design questions about their manifold. So, unless the manifolds are manufactured by the numerous Drag Dealers out there, it wont do me much good.

So... anyone got the info in question?

dude, im not telling you to buy a kit. im not making money off this or anything. why dont you ask the people who sell it, like david or anyone from import parts? they know wussup.
Old 07-22-2002, 04:40 PM

Default Re: DRAG Turbo - Company Info??? (ceemarun)

Just off of curiosity if your ports don't match up with your gasket, then that is common with the Drag kit. If so then take it to a machine shop and have it port matched!
Old 07-22-2002, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DRAG Turbo - Company Info??? (turbo Si)

I have Drag's mailing address but I dont think it will do you any good writing them, and I dont think I'm suppose to give it out....Just contact Dave Shih - dshih2002@yahoo.com or Ben@importparts.com they will most likely know the answers, or ask us, we have some intelligent guru's around here.
Old 07-22-2002, 05:41 PM

Default Re: DRAG Turbo - Company Info??? (VaporTrail)

I also tried to locate a number or website for Drag and was unable to. I do have some questions though. I've done a search and couldn't come up with anything. First of all I have a 95 accord. I'm ordering a engine this week (h22 of course) I'll be adding a Drag 3 turbo kit also. I need some clarification. I've been told two different things as far as the fuel system goes. Is an intank 255lph fuel pump ok by itself or is the inline pump better, equal, or will it just do?

Is the fmu good enough or will i need a fpr? I'm debating between crane ignition and msd. Which one and what components do I need with the ignition box?

I have read different opinions about the wastgates on here. Alot of people seem to not like the delta wastegate. Are the boost spikes that bad or is it because people have not tuned their car correctly? For no more than probably 9lbs of boost on a stock internal h22 is a boost controller needed since adjustments are minimal? I also was told that I didn't need a turbo timer, but I can't see having a turbo and just turning the engine off. That's all I can think of right now. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-22-2002, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DRAG Turbo - Company Info??? (macswhtaccord)

I also tried to locate a number or website for Drag and was unable to. I do have some questions though. I've done a search and couldn't come up with anything. First of all I have a 95 accord. I'm ordering a engine this week (h22 of course) I'll be adding a Drag 3 turbo kit also. I need some clarification. I've been told two different things as far as the fuel system goes. Is an intank 255lph fuel pump ok by itself or is the inline pump better, equal, or will it just do?

Is the fmu good enough or will i need a fpr? I'm debating between crane ignition and msd. Which one and what components do I need with the ignition box?

I have read different opinions about the wastgates on here. Alot of people seem to not like the delta wastegate. Are the boost spikes that bad or is it because people have not tuned their car correctly? For no more than probably 9lbs of boost on a stock internal h22 is a boost controller needed since adjustments are minimal? I also was told that I didn't need a turbo timer, but I can't see having a turbo and just turning the engine off. That's all I can think of right now. Thanks in advance.
ill try to answer you questions for you.....First...You want to run an inline pump if you are using an FMU. even the high pressure intank pumps can not put out enough pressure. To give you a better idea:

lets say you use a 12:1 fmu and running 9 psi that is 108 psi off the bat, now you also have to remember that normally you would probably be pushing around 50 psi or so(i think) without boosting, So you would probably be pushing somewhere around 160psi of fuel. Thats a hell of a lot on a single pump. Now, if you were to get bigger injectors, you would not need to have the high fuel pressure like you would with stock injectors. to answer your fpr regulator question, IF I was to do it all over again, id just save up for a standalone first before I put on the turbo. The fmu works, and i havent had any real problems with it, its just not exactly the best solution. getting an adjustable fpr will not hurt, but it may not do you that much of good considering you are only able to adjust fuel pressure for idle and wot (partial throttle is controlled by the ecu). For example. say you are running 9 psi (running fmu and inline pump), but running a bit lean, if you try to increase your fuel pressure, you probably wont do much good because the fuel system will not pump out enough fuel regardless.

Now most people will agree, stock honda ignitions are pretty damn good, id save your money and put it towards a standalone.

Wastegates- Many people will say tial is better. but both the deltagate and tial wastegates work ok. Most people never have trouble with the tial, whereas sometimes people get boost spikes with the deltagate, i currently have the deltagate and have absolutely no problems with it. The tial however makes your engine bay a bit more "bling blingin" haha.

Boost controller. If you are running an FMU with inline fuel pump, be very careful running 9 psi. the boost is controlled by your wastegate that has a spring ( ie. 7 psi spring) there are many electronic and manual boost controllers out there....I have a homemade one and it works damn good for $2.30. again in my personal opinion, there are other things to spend money on (like a damn standalone!!).

see the object is to get your car tuned, before you start uppin the boost.

Turbo timer- turbo timers do nothing but keep the engine running for x amount of time. its very useful if you are always in a hurry. but i strongly suggest letting the car idle after boosting for atleast 30 seconds -1 min or so, if not boosting....id say 15 seconds......the turbo produces hella heat. if you dont give it a chance to cool all, that oil inside will get too damn hot and you get some heat soak, and will destory the life of the turbo

Anyways, I hope i helped your questions. Good luck and sorry for the long *** post
Old 07-22-2002, 06:36 PM

Default Re: DRAG Turbo - Company Info??? (turbo Si)

Just off of curiosity if your ports don't match up with your gasket, then that is common with the Drag kit. If so then take it to a machine shop and have it port matched!
anyone else have problems with the manifold not matching?