Notices

DRAG GEN III Turbo for honda civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2001, 04:10 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRAG GEN III Turbo for honda civic

I was reading on a drag turbo kit and there is a site for $3195 shipped. it includes, the turbo, intercooler, downpiping, custom header.........so then when and if i get this for my honda civic then technically, all the mods like my i/h/e is unless then? how much after i buy the turbo is it to install? are there any other sites that sell the drag turbo for any cheaper? anyone know what is the highest boost the drag can go up to? all responses are appreciated. If i have said anything stupid, please don't flame me!
Old 07-08-2001, 08:03 PM
New User

Default Re: DRAG GEN III Turbo for honda civic (hobo79)

I'm doing the same thing to my car soon. As for the price, I have seen Ben at Importparts.com do a bulk buy when there are enough people interested. That will be the only way to get it cheaper. As for your intake, headers and exhaust you need to sell them after you get your turbo installed. The DRAG kit is pretty complete as far as kits are concerned. I think the Gen III kit will boost past 14psi easily but if you have stock internals, valve springs, injectors, and fuel pump you are gonna want to stay at like 7 psi. Any more than that and you are risking throwing a rod or signifigantly increasing the wear on your engine.
Old 07-08-2001, 08:43 PM

Default Re: DRAG GEN III Turbo for honda civic (hobo79)

E-mail Ben@importparts.com and tell him your a honda-tech member. You will get a good deal trust me. Ask anyone on this board who's done buisness with him before...he is the man

BTW i/h will be useless, but you can keep the exhaust.
Old 07-08-2001, 09:53 PM
New User

so the highest boost is 14psi on a drag turbo? I mean once I do all the upgrades on my engine, then the highest boost would be 14? how much hp would that be? thanks for the info on the group buys, i'll look into it.
Old 07-08-2001, 10:01 PM
New User

Default Re: (hobo79)

actually.......i'm also wondering, how much hp can i get with stock internal with 7psi of boost? do you guys think its better to go for a swap with a GS-R or type-R first and then go turbo? I plan to keep this car for a long long time.
Old 07-08-2001, 10:45 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: (hobo79)

Ben@importparts.com would be the best place to get the turbo from. But before you do, I suggest you do some major homework a turbo works. I recomend <U>Maximum Boost</U> By Corky Bell and you can find this book at barnes and knoble.
I reasearched turbos for about 3 years before I made up my mind to purchase one. In those 3yrs I learned alot and Im still learning something everyday thanks to markc, vtec4gs, and others here on honda-tech. Take your time and learn from others mistakes.
If you have any questions send me an instant message.

art
Old 07-08-2001, 11:45 PM
New User

Default Re: (Arturbo)

Do the GSR swap... then do the turbo. I originally turbo charged my SOHC and wound up eventually doing the swap then turboing the DOHC B18C1. There is nothing like it... You will be very happy w/ a hybrid/turbo setup. I boost only like 7lbs and it is very fast. I have a completely stock setup and I run mid 13's all day long. With the correct air/fuel tuning you can run 12-14psi on a stock B18C1 motor. Easy 12's.

Swap... then Turbo. Best way to go!