Notices

downpipe...

Old 07-28-2004, 03:56 AM
RiceBurninVTEC

Default downpipe...

ok, so i traded my non-turbo integra for a turbo LS del sol with a fellow H-T member. i was under the impression that it just needed a new oil return line, some brake work, and new suspension. turns out my manifold is cracked in 2 places, my oil pan is cracked, my downpipe has a hole in it from rubbing the engine, and because the oil return line wasnt flowing correctly, my turbo might be fucked. awesome. i guess its my own fault for trusting someone i didnt know and not putting the car in the air before i bought it. on me.

anyway, instead of getting the shitty tubular manifold re-welded, i found DA-MAX on the classifieds who was selling a maxrev manifold for my setup, so i went last night and got that from him (thanks again bro ) and my gf went and got the gasket that goes between the manifold and turbo. so thats all well and good.

im pretty sure my oil return line kit i got from fast-turbo.com came in yesterday, gonna pick that up on my way to work. so the last thing i need besides possibly a new turbo is a downpipe. the turbo is supposed to be a T04B with a 3" inlet and 2.75" outlet. however, when i look on web sites for a downpipe, no one has 2.75" downpipes. just 2.5 and 3" for the most part. was the previous owner wrong in telling me the outlet was 2.75"? also, the car is at my shop right now, so i can't look at it, but he told me its a 5-bolt turbo. if someone can confirm that, i'd appreciate it as well. thanks for any help, and i apologize for the long post. cheers.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: downpipe... (RiceBurninVTEC)

it may be a 2.75 if its custom made but normally they are 2.5 or 3". it is a 5 bolt exhaust housing and you just need a maxrev downpipe. or you can have one made.

Landon
Old 07-28-2004, 07:40 AM
RiceBurninVTEC

thanks for the reply man.. which size would be better to go with? the car has a 5zigen fireball catback on it and a test pipe. the guy i got the manifold from has a 2.5" maxrev downpipe he said he'd sell me but it has a 4 bolt flange. how difficult would it be to change it to a 5?

edit: i just had a thought. the guy told me the outlet on the turbo is 2.75", and that the downpipe was also 2.75". is it possible to have an outlet that size? i apologize for the n00b questions, im pretty much a turbo n00b. :blush:

Modified by RiceBurninVTEC at 12:09 PM 7/28/2004
Old 07-28-2004, 12:45 PM

Default Re: (RiceBurninVTEC)

to change from a 4 bolt to a 5 bolt you will have to buy a 5 bolt flange, then have the 4 cut off and the 5 welded on. you have to make sure the downpipe is orientated correctly so that it will line up with your exhaust. if it were me id find a 5 bolt maxrev downpipe, or have one made. as far as size it all depends if you have AC and your power goals, usually people will say to go with 3", but again it depends on your goals. to get one made you can contact project_dc2 (spoolin performance) and he makes them for people.

as far as the turbo outlet size we need to know what size exhaust housing it has, does it say .63 on it??? or you can just measure it also.

Landon
Old 07-28-2004, 12:51 PM
RiceBurninVTEC

ok, thanks again for your help man... here's what i know about the turbo itself..

Garrett T04B .60 A/R 3 inch inlet, 2.75 inch outlet
Old 07-28-2004, 12:51 PM

Default Re: (boosted_dc2)

just IM project dc2 on here, he makes custom downpipes and whatnot, and he will help u get it all straightened out, and make ya a good DP for a good price... he made my 3" for me, and even tho I was one person out of a ****-ton he has done work for that had a problem, he stood by his product and we got it all worked out.