Notices

Does this seem right

Old 01-23-2010, 11:02 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this seem right

I stumbled upon this on ebay today. For what he has listed the numbers seem way off to me. Gsr with built bottom end using a gt35r is only making 354HP/284TQ-20PSI
My buddy's stock gsr on 10lbs is making 330 on pump gas. If you wan to to see the car...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...item3a57072e44

Last edited by icucnme; 01-23-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does this seem right

not every build make crazy numbers, the tune may be safe. and also it was on a mustang dyno which are known to read low.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:22 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by tofast4uh22
not every build make crazy numbers, the tune may be safe. and also it was on a mustang dyno which are known to read low.
I understand what your saying but those numbers just seem way to low for what he's got. 20psi on a gt35r only 350whp. Who knows maybe I'm wrong but it just doesn't seem right.

Last edited by icucnme; 01-23-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:25 PM
HT's TOP CHEF

There's something wrong there for sure considering you can make 300 safely on a bone stock LS.

Edit: if you look at the bottom he says he made 354 on pump and 446 on Q16. IMO still a little low but explains it a little better.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:05 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by Chef Andre
There's something wrong there for sure considering you can make 300 safely on a bone stock LS.

Edit: if you look at the bottom he says he made 354 on pump and 446 on Q16. IMO still a little low but explains it a little better.
Yeah I read the whole auction but still even on pump gas @ 20psi only 354
I would figure you could reach the 446 level on 20psi with that turbo.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

probably not a 35R.....
Old 01-23-2010, 02:38 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

I know this car on an intimate level. IT IS a GT35R with a TiAL V-band turbine housing as described. What is not being stated is the fact that he was on a very limiting SAE corrected Mustang Dyno in Michigan that is known as "The Heartbreaker". (Meaning that everyone who expected to have certain numbers on the dyno compared to another dyno like a dynojet or dynodynamic was VERY disappointed). This particular mustang dyno and the tuner specifically has made this car VERY fast beyond what the numbers call for it. I'm sorry that Junior has decided to let this car be sold, as it has been immaculately kept. Most GT35R cars on that particular dyno were 12%-15% lower than what most people from H-T expect from similar dynos.

The car as it sat did a best 11.4@130.4mph at 25psi with MS109 fuel (we get all kinds of good fuel in Michigan, which is why E85 as a race fuel isn't that popular or needed.)
This tells you that Junior was a bit over 500whp in order to get that time (from my rough "guesstimate".) At that run the car made a bad 60ft time 1.9 seconds due to in improper slick size. (he went a little small at 24"). The funny thing is that it has interior, A/C, and Power steering. Not many Integra bodies will do that weighing in at 2850lbs. In the end, a dyno number is just that... a number. He's actually taken it to the track and driven it home without any issues to show the proof. Junior is a pretty damn good Honda mechanic IMHO.

On the ebay ad, Junior's reserve was not posted for some odd reason. He is currently revamping the ad, so it may be taken down for a bit. Give me a PM if you want to know more about the car. I'm sad to see it go, but it was fun while it lasted.

Last edited by TheShodan; 01-23-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

to the OP if it means anything im running a completely stock gsr engine (top to bottom) plus a full race ram horn + a gt35r and my car made 356@ 9.5 psi on 91 pump.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:15 PM
New User

you guys brag about my numbers wont you take your car to speedindustry the heart breaker!! and we will see how will go home disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!or if want we can meet up at the track and we will see how numbers are off !!! the street sleeper!!!! so quit braging obout my numbers !!!!!!!!i personaly i know that my car will make over 500hp on any other dyno! so wont you guys take it to a real dyno speedindutry the heart breaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:20 PM

^^^. My friend Junior. LOUD, but he tends to back up his claims quite a bit. *sigh* ;-)
Old 01-23-2010, 08:24 PM
New User

you got that right!!!!!!!!!!!! I back up my car all day and any day!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:30 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by junitoturbo
you guys brag about my numbers wont you take your car to speedindustry the heart breaker!! and we will see how will go home disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!or if want we can meet up at the track and we will see how numbers are off !!! the street sleeper!!!! so quit braging obout my numbers !!!!!!!!i personaly i know that my car will make over 500hp on any other dyno! so wont you guys take it to a real dyno speedindutry the heart breaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually bragging is the incorrect term to use. I'd say questioning is the correct choice. Definition of brag. brag - to boast or show off. brag - boss: exceptionally good.
What's with the over use of exclamation points? It's not getting anything across any better. Your improper use of grammar and punctuation makes it hard to understand what your even saying.
Nobody ever said that you didn't build a fast/nice car. I was just curious about the low numbers for such high boost on a 35r. Also how am I or honda-tech going to know about the "heart breaker dyno" and how it reads 15% low? I looked up the car on youtube and it seems like I wasn't the only person to ever question your dyno numbers. You sure are defensive. Once again I didn't say it was not a fast car. Stop getting all bent out of shape.

ham003latechedu (7 months ago)
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
gt35r @29psi 750injectors 445 whp...lol.that dosent sound accurate
Old 01-23-2010, 09:47 PM

Again, this debate on this particular dyno goes all over the forums, from Subaru, to Toyota to Honda. Even the owner of the dyno understands the lower readings. But again, many of us like yourself have gone through this "dyno game" and understand that in the end, it really doesn't matter unless its at the dragstrip or whatever medium one races their car in to show the true results. I say F*ck it, let the debate die already. How many "dyno debates" have you seen on this site? 100? 1000? You know the reason behind the numbers, WE know the reason behind the numbers, the OP knows the reasoning behind the numbers, so I think that we can all live and be at one with harmony now that its been discovered, explained, and accepted.

k? Can we all be cool now?
Old 01-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by icucnme
Actually bragging is the incorrect term to use. I'd say questioning is the correct choice. Definition of brag. brag - to boast or show off. brag - boss: exceptionally good.
What's with the over use of exclamation points? It's not getting anything across any better. Your improper use of grammar and punctuation makes it hard to understand what your even saying.
Nobody ever said that you didn't build a fast/nice car. I was just curious about the low numbers for such high boost on a 35r. Also how am I or honda-tech going to know about the "heart breaker dyno" and how it reads 15% low? I looked up the car on youtube and it seems like I wasn't the only person to ever question your dyno numbers. You sure are defensive. Once again I didn't say it was not a fast car. Stop getting all bent out of shape.

ham003latechedu (7 months ago)
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
gt35r @29psi 750injectors 445 whp...lol.that dosent sound accurate
i agree. i dont care how low the dyno reads, 29psi worth of air from a 35r would be way too much power for 750cc injectors.