Notices

Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer????

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer????

I am an idiot. I lock my keys in my car in the ignition like once a week. Its not totally my stupidity, I get tricked cuz I will forget to take my keys out of the igniton (the car is still on) so then i lock my door and shut it. I get tricked cuz when i get out my car is always running b/c of the turbo timer so if the keys are in the igniton I dont even think about it. I was just wondering if I am the only idiot. Maybe I should do some more school work and less drinking and I will remember to take my keys out of my car. Oh well just venting on my stupidity

Any suggestions on how I can stop being so dumb

[Modified by Elite Hatch, 12:02 PM 4/2/2003]
Old 04-02-2003, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (Elite Hatch)

yeah get one of those janator key rings with the lil zip line and keep it on so when u go to get out of the car it pulls u hahah its the best thing i could come up with oteher thenjus saying stop being a lame *** and grab your damn keys, the only annoyence i have with my turbo timer is ppl stoping me and sayin ummm u left your car on ha ppl **** me off sometimes well anyway good luck man jus remeber at leas the car still shuts off
Old 04-02-2003, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (joeski)

my stupid problem is I'll leave the parking lights on all day and have to have someone help me jumpstart my car!

I was so dependent on the "your lights are still on" idiot bell... now that the turbo timer keeps the car running, that bell doesnt go on.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (Crimson490)

Ha ! I have done that before ! SUX too man ! I feel ya.
Old 04-02-2003, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (Crimson490)

my stupid problem is I'll leave the parking lights on all day and have to have someone help me jumpstart my car!

I was so dependent on the "your lights are still on" idiot bell... now that the turbo timer keeps the car running, that bell doesnt go on.
i have the same problem so i will be rewiring the bell to another source. i noticed that when i shut down the car, everything works EXCEPT the a/c. i'm guessing there is some kind of relay that controls the a/c so i'll prolly tap into the live wire from there. so now, when you shut of the car, the live wire to the a/c will go off and the car will think the car is off therefore setting off the headlight "bell". i can engage the alarm w/ my turbo timer but i did this by just cutting the yellow ignition wire that goes to the alarm brain. this allows me to arm the car while the car is on but it won't automatically unlock my car anymore because the alarm never knows when it's on. Because of this, i will be doing this on both the healight "bell" and the ignition wire.
Old 04-02-2003, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (AcuraFreak)

Iv'e done that a few times too, but luckily my girlfriend has been with me each time and has a spare.
edit: woops forgot to change names

[Modified by sancletayley, 4:10 PM 4/2/2003]
Old 04-02-2003, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (sancletayley)

actually my turbo timer prevents me from locking them in. pulling the key is the first thing i automatically do now before i even gather my stuff to leave. once i park and the ebrake is up i pull the key and put it in my pocket. then i get my stuff and leave.
Old 04-02-2003, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i do that ALL the time, and now i carry a battery booster in my trunk...i need to get one of the buzzers...
Old 04-02-2003, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (Infinity_Racer)

I have one of those cheap headlight buzzers off of ebay that taps into the fuse panel. When I pull my key out and the lights are on it still works. Cool piece for .99
Old 04-02-2003, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (Elite Hatch)

Nope, I never locked my keys in the car because I have to have my keys to arm the alarm when I get out.

You should set up your alarm to arm while the car is still running.

Old 04-02-2003, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (ekb18c)

not to be an ***, but you think you woulda learned by now, i took my timer out for that reason, hassle sometimes, just drive slower and give it a minte or so and voila
Old 04-02-2003, 04:28 PM

The only problem I have with my turbo timer is that the fan doesnt come on, I have my alarm hooked up so i can arm it while it still running but today I set the timer to 5 minutes because I was driving it pretty hard and notice it was almost over heating when on the turbo timer. I need to find out which wires to reroute so my temp./fan will still have power when the turbo timer kicks in, I know i could just tap the ign2 wire and it will work with the turbo timer but then my alarm wont be able to arm because when the key it taken out the ign2 wire cuts power thus my alarm thinks the car is off, while no power to the a/c or coolant components.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (torkcm)

put your yellow wire from your alarm to the key side of your starter kill relay! this sounds funny but the only thing your yellow wire is used for in an alarm is for programing,, to reset the system, or igntion controlled door locks ( i hate these anyways). Then when you need to program it just touch a grond wire to the ground when armed wire and turn your key. then its just like ignition to the alarm.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (torkcm)

I also have that same problem
Old 04-03-2003, 12:04 PM

Had the turbo timer for over 2 years never had a problem, until today. For some reason my stupid *** locked the keys in. Nothing like locking your keys in the car while the car is still running.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had a buddy who did this a couple of times. He put a note on his steering wheel. Everyone thought he was nuts. Now he is in the Marines
Old 04-03-2003, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I locked my keys in the car at a strip mall with narrow parking spaces, where soccer moms in their gigantic SUVs will think nothing of denting your car as if it's their god given right. I was more nervous about them than thieves! I went to use the nearest pay phone and while dialing, these super loud church bells started going off right across the street for what seemed like 5 minutes. It was so annoying, but I couldn't get ahold of anyone anyway. I then realized that there were trolley tracks that end up within walking distance of my apartment, so I went to the trolley stop and wait and wait, then get impatient and decide to walk to the police station to see if they have trolley schedules. Of course when I'm halfway up the hill, the trolley goes by! I eventually got the schedule and made my way home, but my apartment keys were locked in the car! I knocked on the landlord's father's house and he wasn't home, then went to the landlord's uncle's house, he got the key to the apartment from the landlord's father's house and finally let me in. Luckily I had a spare set inside and then made my way back to the trolley, then the car. Since the keys were in the ignition, the transmitter didn't work, so I had to do it the old fashioned way...use the key in the door! After this happened, I make damn sure my keys are in my pocket!
Old 04-03-2003, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (Evil Beaver)

^ hahahah

that sounds like it should be in a movie or something
Old 04-03-2003, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (93dx--hatch)

doesnt happen to me but the only thing i hate is when your turbo timer is running adn you want to get out adn lock your doors, they will unlock when the car shuts off wtf
Old 04-03-2003, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (T3T495GSR)

i've never locked my keys in my car, but my brother has done it about 10 times... luckily i know how to cause the factory alarm to open the doors without any tools... i guess that's a good thing?

put a spare key somewhere under the chassis, hidden, or something...
Old 04-04-2003, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (lazerus)

I keep my spare in my wallet. Hasn't failed me yet.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have NEVER even thought of any of this. I'm sure I'll end up doing it now. You guys have jinxed me
Old 04-04-2003, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (symba)

Im glad I am not the only one...I was afraid I was the only dumb *** on honda tech...the price I pay to go fast I guess
Old 04-04-2003, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (93dx--hatch)

that sounds like it should be in a movie or something
Yeah, maybe we could call it "Curse of the Ricer"
Old 04-04-2003, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer???? (Evil Beaver)

Here are my steps to prevent me from locking my keys in my car. It's a 3 step approach that is 100% effective.

1) Put a club on your steering wheel, and put the locking key on your key chain. That way you are forced to take the keys out of the ignition to lock the club

2) Train yourself to lock your car from the outside!

3) Wire your alarm to arm while the car is running, that way, you will have your keys to arm the car.

Quick Reply: Does anyone else lock their keys in their car b/c of the turbo timer????