Notices

Direct port questios

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direct port questios

Gonna do a DP set-up starting off with a 75 then work my way up to 125 annd still need some questions answerd.
1. How far should I place the nozzels from the intake port
2. Can I use braided lines instead of hard lines and if so who sells the braided lines
3. Should I run a separate fuel cell(100+octaine) and pump for the N20 or just put a pump in the main gas tank(91 octane)
4. Do u think the OEM pistons and rods can handel it or buy forged piston/rods
Old 06-03-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Direct port questios (six7one)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by six7one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Gonna do a DP set-up starting off with a 75 then work my way up to 125 annd still need some questions answerd.
1. How far should I place the nozzels from the intake port
2. Can I use braided lines instead of hard lines and if so who sells the braided lines
3. Should I run a separate fuel cell(100+octaine) and pump for the N20 or just put a pump in the main gas tank(91 octane)
4. Do u think the OEM pistons and rods can handel it or buy forged piston/rods
</TD></TR></TABLE> I run nos too brotha on a fully built ls. running 75 dry or wet is very stupid. I did it and it fuked things up due to it not evenly discributing nitrous evenly on all cylinders. go with direct port for 75 and up. trust me you will regret it if you dont. and runing 75 shot on 91 is bad too. anyhting over 60 shot get race gas helps prevent detonation. and also if you plan on running 125 shot. GOD help you. you will blow. Dont listen to these ***** on here saying its ok and **** Thats alot of NOS. Run Forged pistions anything over 60shot. Pleae me i didi it all and learned the hard way cuz I got retarded advise from **** heads on here.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Direct port questios (IROSOLO)

^ i want to see your install job. something tells me you did something wrong if you blew your motor. no offense but people make mistakes in nozzle placement and such that can be detramental and they never know it.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:47 PM

1. roughly two inches or so back from the injectors ive been told
2. yes, homedepot sells braided line as well as mcmaster carr and many many other places
3. you can run it off a fuel cell for added security but you can run it on a walboro in the stock tank. 91octane is goat **** though, given your situation id run the seperate cell but thats just me.
4. 125shot stock pistons and rods is asking for trouble, id go forged, or just run a 75 dp on the stockers for a bit.
hope that helped, peace
Old 06-03-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Direct port questios (FormulaGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FormulaGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^ i want to see your install job. something tells me you did something wrong if you blew your motor. no offense but people make mistakes in nozzle placement and such that can be detramental and they never know it.</TD></TR></TABLE>how do you post pics on here? ill show u my setup
Old 06-04-2005, 12:51 AM

1: you pretty much want to get 'em as close as possible. dont listen to anyone that talks about poor fuel atomazation when you have your nozzles too close. making big power on nitrous is all about staying as close to that liquid state as possible. this is why direct port makes TONS more power than a single fogger ever could. in a liquid state, nitrous is something like 300x more dense than it's gaseous counterpart. in a gas form, nitrous displaces the air that your motor naturally ingests; this is why people get so disappointed when there "75 shot" nets them 50hp.

2: sure, but not worth the time/hassle in my opinion

3: for a street car, i really think a dedicated fuel system for your nitrous is the way to go. i was going to do this on my street car. this way you basically have two different motors to tune, and it eliminates a few variables when tunning your nitrous.

4: i'd say go for it, but BE PREPARED to rebuild.

good luck