Notices

Difference from Wet and Dry Nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference from Wet and Dry Nitrous?

What's the difference between the two?
Old 04-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wet = fuel and nitrous mixed
dry= nitrous only
Old 04-26-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: (Speed Industry)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Speed Industry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wet = fuel and nitrous mixed
dry= nitrous only </TD></TR></TABLE>

is dry safter than wet then? which is better?
Old 04-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cheesee)

direct port is the best setup.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HamiltonRex)

Wet takes fuel from your feed line by way of a fuel T. It then mixes the nitrous and fuel at the nozzle in the intake.

Dry kits bump your fuel pressure and introduce the extra required fuel by way of the stock fuel injectors.

Wet is generally considered safer for a higher shot. However a dry kit may provide better distribution for smaller sized shots.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:35 AM

I only plan running a 50-75 shot. There's a ZEX dry kit for sale locally, how are those?
Old 04-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (cheesee)

As others said, dry injects only nitrous... wet kits inject both nitrous and fuel.

Wet are considered safer than dry but you also have to remember about puddling with a wet system.

I would go with a wet kit any day of the week over a dry kit personally... I dont like dry kits (although some people do prefer them). I have always had better results with a wet kit and no need to suppliment fuel, just dial in your jet sizes for best results and a safe a/f.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Difference from Wet and Dry Nitrous? (cheesee)

the difference is the money and time! but seriously if u want that extra boost without makin mods go DRY thats what i recommend! with a dry shot u spray into the intake and it tricks the computer into giving u more fuel basically, all u do is insert the nozzle into the intake run ur nitrous line to the tank and wire a switch up the solenoid and if u wanted to run the power straight off the battery! dont listen to all this idiots on here sayin oh u cant use nitrous on a stock cars it'll blow up! U know what, they're nitrous impaired, i sprayed a 125 shot on a stock chevy corsica and just the time i was spraying on it i used over 300lbs of nitrous and guess what it still RUNS!!!! but since u have a dizzy unlike my corsica u can retard the timing and then u can use a 75 dry shot with no problems. I actually sprayed a 100hp dry shot on a crx with just an intake and exhuast and it loved it! If any questions hit me up!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Difference from Wet and Dry Nitrous? (papapitufo187)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by papapitufo187 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the difference is the money and time! but seriously if u want that extra boost without makin mods go DRY thats what i recommend! with a dry shot u spray into the intake and it tricks the computer into giving u more fuel basically, all u do is insert the nozzle into the intake run ur nitrous line to the tank and wire a switch up the solenoid and if u wanted to run the power straight off the battery! dont listen to all this idiots on here sayin oh u cant use nitrous on a stock cars it'll blow up! U know what, they're nitrous impaired, i sprayed a 125 shot on a stock chevy corsica and just the time i was spraying on it i used over 300lbs of nitrous and guess what it still RUNS!!!! but since u have a dizzy unlike my corsica u can retard the timing and then u can use a 75 dry shot with no problems. I actually sprayed a 100hp dry shot on a crx with just an intake and exhuast and it loved it! If any questions hit me up!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

i've been in every car this guy has put nitrous on...hell..i've helped him with some...we build cars together...he's just not converting to honda...he knows his stuff
Old 04-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Difference from Wet and Dry Nitrous? (papapitufo187)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by papapitufo187 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the difference is the money and time! but seriously if u want that extra boost without makin mods go DRY thats what i recommend! with a dry shot u spray into the intake and it tricks the computer into giving u more fuel basically, all u do is insert the nozzle into the intake run ur nitrous line to the tank and wire a switch up the solenoid and if u wanted to run the power straight off the battery! dont listen to all this idiots on here sayin oh u cant use nitrous on a stock cars it'll blow up! U know what, they're nitrous impaired, i sprayed a 125 shot on a stock chevy corsica and just the time i was spraying on it i used over 300lbs of nitrous and guess what it still RUNS!!!! but since u have a dizzy unlike my corsica u can retard the timing and then u can use a 75 dry shot with no problems. I actually sprayed a 100hp dry shot on a crx with just an intake and exhuast and it loved it! If any questions hit me up!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont think I see any "idiots" here saying his car will blow up.

And your telling me that you think you can or worse you have run a dry whatever (75, 100, 125) shot on a car with no source of additional fuel enrichment... just let the computer sort it out.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Difference from Wet and Dry Nitrous? (invisible)

I have a zex dry kit and I was wanted a wet kit. But I was really suprized how
well the dry kit works I have run it on two motors with no problems.
I put it on a b18a w-75shot got a deal on a b18c5 and now i'm sprayin on that
motor sold the ls and it's running just fine. Just retard the timing and have fun.
Dry is safer cause there is no fuel in the intake, If a wet kit backfires it can
blow up the manifold.