Notices

Did everybody that did a custom turbo setup buy everything at once or part by part?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 02:17 PM
allmotorguy

Default Did everybody that did a custom turbo setup buy everything at once or part by part?

as you guys know most of us honda guys dont have alot of funds...but some of us do...anyways did you guys buy part by part when you guys were building your custom turbo setup. I never experienced a turboed honda and I want to real bad. So im gonna get a broken down cx hatch and drop in a b18b and work on that. First I actually have to buy the damn car so that is my first thing I have to do. Then the motor then the suspension then the turbo setup. Oh does anybody have a list of every single part I need to do a custom turbo setup?

I already have a 99si but that is not going to be messed with alot just IHE and some cams and hondata. and then i move on up to a s2k or a 350z track model

Modified by allmotorguy at 3:53 PM 5/14/2003
Old 05-14-2003, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are so many variations to turbo setups with the management and all
Old 05-14-2003, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Did everybody that did a custom turbo setup buy everything at once or part by part? (allmotorguy

With my old T-25/HF manifold setup, I peiced it together over time. As I built up the funds, I slowly caught deals of the classifeds and collected the parts until I had everything.

It's really hard once you have pretty much everything, yet you have to wait to get another 50 bucks to finish it...

I'm doing this right now with my new setup as well only I'm buying expensive parts...
Old 05-14-2003, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Did everybody that did a custom turbo setup buy everything at once or part by part? (allmotorguy

I'm piecing my turbo together. So far I've only got the BOV, adapter plate and charge pipe. Turbo soon, injectors and FMIC.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeh pieceing mine together as well. So far have the turbo (with internal gate), bov, an intercooler (dunno if i'm gonna use it though), and have a turbo timer and boost controller in transit.

Taking a while to save the cash up and find all the parts at prices that stick to my budget but it's been worthwhile to be patient
Old 05-14-2003, 06:23 PM

Custom/junkyard turbo Accord! Yea! The last things I get are gonna be the boost guage, standalone and turbo timer. I've got a guy checking out a snail right now. If he likes it, I'll probably buy it for 100 or so.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:47 AM

alright guys i just threw my kit together for my 00 si so heres my listing just for a general idea.

full race manifold and dp -new (made by loveFab/Tink216)- 500
NEW precision sc44 turbo - 750
IC piping, IC and hks bov - used - 600
turbo timer - new - 90
boost controler - new turbo XS hd - 90
injectors - 60
clips - 10
resistors - 5
APexi vafc - new - 320
oil feed and return lines - 110

-- total bout 2400

Modified by Spudddy at 10:21 AM 5/15/2003
Old 05-15-2003, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Spudddy)

I pieced my kit together mostly from new parts I have bought off here... the fabrication work is to come by a tig master.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

part by part
Old 05-15-2003, 08:08 PM

1 year of research, 6 months of parts collecting, and 1 week of installing at night after work for a couple hours each night and booooost!
Old 05-16-2003, 03:11 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas

I bought it part by part. I think the first thing I bought was the Turbo, Manifold, DP, WG first. Then the fuel managment, then gauges, then feed lines and fittings, then the BOV, then the Boost controller. Took about 4-6 months until I had gather everything up that I needed.

Took me another year till I had enough money to get it put in with paying for extra supplies that i eventually needed when I put it in.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:25 AM
DSC

Part by part. Pisses me off cuz Im sooo close yet I still need misc. parts like charge piping (which I cant get locally). Most places here charge a left nut while ordering it online I get raped for shipping. Wheee.