Notices

Datalog in Crome pro shows different boost than the gauge. And Gold antilag?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Datalog in Crome pro shows different boost than the gauge. And Gold antilag?

Im just curious as to which of these i should have more faith in. I have an Auto-meter boost gauge that i have showing right about 10psi, but when i go back and look at the datalog in Crome Pro, it shows 8.8psi. Im thinkin i should rely more on the crome since those are the values the ECU is actualy seeing. And just remember that the gauge reads about a pound more than crome.

Has anyone messed around with the antilag in Gold? So far its been pretty sick.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Datalog in Crome pro shows different boost than the gauge. And Gold antilag? (a1320honda)

Just to ***** the car out a little.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Datalog in Crome pro shows different boost than the gauge. And Gold antilag? (a1320honda)

I would go with crome values as gauges tend to be off and as you said, its what the computer's reading. I like the progress and updates crome's been making but i've been able to build full boost anti-lag on crome-free before the Gold bins. It's pretty nasty either way.

Modified by LoseRPunKx182 at 4:15 PM 5/26/2008
Old 05-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Datalog in Crome pro shows different boost than the gauge. And Gold antilag? (LoseRPunKx182)

all ive ever gotten on free was like maybe 3psi.

heres a better vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFgpJ3U542w
Old 05-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by a1320honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im just curious as to which of these i should have more faith in. I have an Auto-meter boost gauge that i have showing right about 10psi, but when i go back and look at the datalog in Crome Pro, it shows 8.8psi. Im thinkin i should rely more on the crome since those are the values the ECU is actualy seeing. And just remember that the gauge reads about a pound more than crome.

Has anyone messed around with the antilag in Gold? So far its been pretty sick.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where is your map sensor getting vaccum reading from? Normally Intake Manifold

Also where is your boost gauge getting vaccum reading from? If its pre-intercooler its not taking pressure lost into account.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Datalog in Crome pro shows different boost than the gauge. And Gold antilag? (done)

its a motorola 2.5 bar and both gauge and sensor are bein pulled off the intake manifold.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I generally stick with ECU readings.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Average the two. Both have plenty of room for error and should be assumed to have some inaccuracies. If I remember correctly, the math for Crome's map sensors are not exactly the most accurate in the world. If you look back on pgmfi there is a post by Calvin where he suggests the formula is wrong, I did math for him, he then asked me to check my math again in true Calvin fashion. I'm not sure if he knows algebra....
Old 05-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (nowtype)

i've always seen autometer boost gauges reading 1-3psi high vs any datalogs
Old 05-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9240
Old 05-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nowtype &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Average the two. Both have plenty of room for error and should be assumed to have some inaccuracies. If I remember correctly, the math for Crome's map sensors are not exactly the most accurate in the world. If you look back on pgmfi there is a post by Calvin where he suggests the formula is wrong, I did math for him, he then asked me to check my math again in true Calvin fashion. I'm not sure if he knows algebra....</TD></TR></TABLE>

You don't really have a choice. You can base your readings off the autometer gauge all you want, but the ECU is reading the MAP sensor whether it's calibrated correctly or not.

I use the autometer gauge as a quick reference to rougly how much boost I'm making. I tune with what the ECU reads.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nowtype &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Average the two. Both have plenty of room for error and should be assumed to have some inaccuracies. If I remember correctly, the math for Crome's map sensors are not exactly the most accurate in the world. If you look back on pgmfi there is a post by Calvin where he suggests the formula is wrong, I did math for him, he then asked me to check my math again in true Calvin fashion. I'm not sure if he knows algebra....</TD></TR></TABLE>

this does not surprise me. What i would recommend is try freelog or logworks and compare that to crome's values. I have also seen my gauge read a psi higher. also as stated depending on where the source is and how many items you have tapped into it could cause variations. Also do you have the map sensor calibrated correctly in your bin?
Old 05-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SovXietday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You don't really have a choice. You can base your readings off the autometer gauge all you want, but the ECU is reading the MAP sensor whether it's calibrated correctly or not.

I use the autometer gauge as a quick reference to rougly how much boost I'm making. I tune with what the ECU reads. </TD></TR></TABLE>

He didn't ask which one he should tune off of, he asked which one was the most accurate to look at as far as a pressure reading. The ECU reads voltage. The software you are using then takes that voltage converts it to meaningful data. So if he is getting about 3V max, let's say, well throw that in the wrong formula and it will say the wrong pressure. Obviously he is just going to tune whatever cells map trace says he is reading off of and as far as ignition advance I would hope he would be using some sort of knock detection device or read plugs and use the "XX timing at XXpsi" as just a rough estimate.

Again, if you want to say, "Bro, I'm running XXpsi" Just take the average of the two readings and add an "about" somewhere.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive been tuning on crome gold for about 5 months now. ALL the turbo cars i have tuned have datalogged anywhere from 1-2 psi less than what the boost guage shows. i think its something in the formula's in crome.

and the anti-lag in crome is sick. heres one of the cars i tuned (wastegate vacuum line was pulled off by mistake on this video. i let off quick )