Notices

Darton sleeves

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Darton sleeves

I've decided that I am going to sleeve my B16. how much does darton do this for?? i don't want to go golden eagle because thre is no warranty(not like it matters) and I saw one of the blocks leak after it got back from them. golden eagle said it was the machine shop that did it when they steam cleaned it. WRONG!
I hear good things about darton because it turns the block into closed deck. DSM style boostin here we come!!
Old 04-08-2002, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Darton sleeves (92JDMSiR)

what golden eagle said about cleaning your block is true. you can't just take it to joe blow at your local machine shop and have them clean it in their solvent tank (even if its aluminum safe) because it eats the sealant they use for the sleeves. the block should be cleaned by hand using warm soap/water/brushes. also the sleeves are pressure tested before it leaves GE.
Old 04-08-2002, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Darton sleeves (SEFI8LOxCivic)

Listen, I have a 99' Si block that I had resleeved by JG. I also sent in my brothers 97' H22 in the same time. We were both screwed! JG decked the block so much that our pistons sit above the deck. They are 9:1! I was able to still use a stock Honda gasket, although we are still waiting on my brothers thicker metal head gasket to come in. My friend's shop uses Golden Eagle, and I wish, I could only wish I had gone to them! They have great return time, and best of all they do great work. I really like the way they desighned the cylinder brace, and they don't just resleeve the block, they replace the entire cylider wall! For the price I think it's the best around. Actually I think it's the best around period! Also you are actually the first guy I have ever heard ask about a warranty, huh? I was going to go with Darton when they first released there setup, but it was a little pricey for me. Trust me Golden Eagle has a great product and I would definitely recommend them.
And please do not ever recommend "JG"!
Good Luck!
Old 04-08-2002, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Darton sleeves (dsmturbosi)

I was going to go with Darton sleeves but after talking to some of the people in here. I've changed my mind and going for G E . What is the turning around time for GE? Can I get a hook up?
Old 04-10-2002, 07:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, you are either being talked to by the wrong people, or you are just ignorant. Golden Eagle Mfg. is the ONLY company to offer any kind of warranty!!! Everyone else will tell you, and I quote from experience " Sorry, that is just the nature of the beast! " by Benson's machine shop. I have been sleeving quality motors ever since!! I am telling you, I want you to go to someone else and get sleeves and see four things,
1. how long it takes.
2. how much it costs.
3. how good the quality is.
4. if you have a problem with the block, how is the return policy?

I guarantee no-one can beat us on these things. By the way, we warrant against sleeves sinking, leaking and cracking due to boost pressure. NO ONE ELSE WARRANTS THAT!!!!!!!!! If you want to get some more info on how we do our block, please e-mail me at vince@goldeneaglemfg.com Thanks.
Old 04-10-2002, 07:13 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: Darton sleeves (V8KILR)

Man, you are either being talked to by the wrong people, or you are just ignorant. Golden Eagle Mfg. is the ONLY company to offer any kind of warranty!!! Everyone else will tell you, and I quote from experience " Sorry, that is just the nature of the beast! " by Benson's machine shop. I have been sleeving quality motors ever since!! I am telling you, I want you to go to someone else and get sleeves and see four things,
1. how long it takes.
2. how much it costs.

I guarantee no-one can beat us on these things. By the way, we warrant against sleeves sinking, leaking and cracking due to boost pressure. NO ONE ELSE WARRANTS THAT!!!!!!!!! If you want to get some more info on how we do our block, please e-mail me at vince@goldeneaglemfg.com Thanks.
There you have it, right from the horses mouth. Not calling you a horse vince just a hass.
Anyhow, the next time you you hear someone say this or that why dont you call up the company and find out for your self. I back and use golden Eagle and their quality, turn around time, and warranty is top notch. I wouldnt even think of going else where.

art
Old 04-10-2002, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Darton sleeves (Arturbo)

What is GE's website or phone?
Old 04-10-2002, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Darton sleeves (DC2R714)

http://www.goldeneaglemfg.com/
(909) 592-4311 talk to Vince he is always more than helpful.

They do great work, definetly a positive experience compared to other alternatives.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Darton sleeves (SLPR)

Thanks
Old 11-19-2002, 11:25 AM
New User

Default Re: Darton sleeves (V8KILR)

1. how long it takes.
2. how much it costs.

MY sleeves sunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What happened you're in the same Boat as Bensons now?
Old 11-19-2002, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Darton sleeves (Boostfed)

Ouch....

I feel your pain man. $10k under your hood only to have the most vital part of the engine "sink".

I hope it works out for you.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Darton sleeves (Boostfed)

Hey we all understand that your upset that your sleeve sunk, but spamming the board and dragging old threads up is kind of overboard. We appreciate you coming out to let everyone know that GE sleeves do sink, but realistically, if you really wanted them to help you what you're doing now isn't the way to go about it.

If you wonder why they aren't replying to you it's cuz you took it to the level of "im getting a lawyer". They've probably talked to their lawyers also, and I bet their advice to them is not to post/say anything. If you gonna be taken to court anything you say can only hurt you.

Since you're ready to take it to that level why don't you just save it for court.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:34 PM
New User

Default Re: Darton sleeves (SEFI8LOxCivic)

I understand what you're saying, I wasn't ever going to bring this out but it has been very upsetting, the truth has now come out. I was just bringing up old posts because of the stuff said in the past by Vince and insisting they don't have problems. This is proof. He has never replied back, it did not have to go this far, I'm sure if they screwed you over bad and just blew you off you wouldn't sit and be silent. If they would just return a call and take care of me, end of story! People do have the right to know the truth, GE has spammed the board about how great they were and how they don't and will not have problems, they even downed another company, cursing at them and name calling, I haven't. But thanks for your reply.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here you go man.....

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=338234
Old 11-19-2002, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Darton sleeves (93LSivic)

i have the darton closed-deck sleeves. i had a local machine shop install them, and they sunk, but the shop fixed it for free. doesnt matter what brand you buy, s**t can happen.

BTW....the sleeves cost over 600, and after all was said and done my machine shop bill was over 900. I had a bit of crank grinding and some threads to tap, plus some bearings....oh, and i let them assemble it the first time because id never done it before. i think GEs price is quite a bit lower than that

[Modified by integRated109, 5:00 PM 11/19/2002]
Old 11-19-2002, 06:48 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Darton sleeves (SLPR)

http://www.goldeneaglemfg.com/
(909) 592-4311 talk to Vince he is always more than helpful.

They do great work, definetly a positive experience compared to other alternatives.
And they never return your e-mail, then you complain about it, and they tell you to re-email them..So you do, and they never answer all your questions. So I'll just go with dartons....