Notices

darton flanged sleeves?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default darton flanged sleeves?

anyone got pics or information on the darton flanged sleeves? i'm looking for a set for my h22a, anyone know if theyre any good and what kinda power can they handle? would like to see some pics if anyone has any also, just wanna see how they look???
thanks
daniel
Old 10-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: darton flanged sleeves? (RudeLude)

are you talking about the MID kit? if so i have them on my h22a4. Can handle 40+psi and bored to 90mm i believe maybe more now.

Old 10-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: darton flanged sleeves? (2001accord)

Everything I know about sleeves, what hondas require, etc, tell me that you wouldn't really need these types of sleeves unless you have a very large overbore or crappy rod:stroke ratio (stock or from stroker kit).

Seeing as how regular ductile iron sleeves can make 700+ w/o any problems, I don't see why these couldn't be stable with a lot more. I wouldn't think there'd be any real downside if it was a drag car, but I'd be weary about cooling with high hp on anything besides a short road course.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: darton flanged sleeves? (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Everything I know about sleeves, what hondas require, etc, tell me that you wouldn't really need these types of sleeves unless you have a very large overbore or crappy rod:stroke ratio (stock or from stroker kit).

Seeing as how regular ductile iron sleeves can make 700+ w/o any problems, I don't see why these couldn't be stable with a lot more. I wouldn't think there'd be any real downside if it was a drag car, but I'd be weary about cooling with high hp on anything besides a short road course.</TD></TR></TABLE>

side loading/rod stoke ratio has nothign to do with solid deck... its aobut cylinder pressures. i use darton mid sleeves because i think the open deck design is bullshit... yea it makes for great cooling but how many issues have you heard of with a street car running closed deck on the street... none. While open deck is great, i still feel at high pressure/boost/power levels that sleeves can shift.. i dont want to take that chance
Old 10-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: darton flanged sleeves? (wantboost)

If sideloading (of which inceases due to r/s ratio pushing harder on the sides) isn't an issue, then why would an reputable entity such Endyn even suggest posting a block? (esp. on a d-series, which has both problems amplified vs. b-series) I was also compairing open deck to closed deck, not mids to closed deck.

On a boosted motor mids would make more sense, since its the middle of the sleeve that needs the bolstering the most. I can't remember which book it was from, but boosted motors have a hell of a lot more pressure from ~30% to ~80% stroke than NA motors do. Think it was that Corky Bell book. Regardless, anything above and beyond like sleeve design rarely impacts a street car like it would an endurance car.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Default Re: darton flanged sleeves? (HiProfile)

good point, but with the mid... the middle of the sleeve isnt supported mid means modualr integrated deck, its bascially a close deck sleeve that allows cooling flow like an open deck sleeve.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">side loading/rod stoke ratio has nothign to do with solid deck... its aobut cylinder pressures. i use darton mid sleeves because i think the open deck design is bullshit... yea it makes for great cooling but how many issues have you heard of with a street car running closed deck on the street... none. While open deck is great, i still feel at high pressure/boost/power levels that sleeves can shift.. i dont want to take that chance</TD></TR></TABLE>

He's right, side loading/rod stroke ratio had absolutly nothing to do with it. I do not liike the open deck idea either but its something we have to deal with. Stock honda sleeves can handle up to 600hp. If you plan on boring, which will make the cyl. walls weaker, then yea, I'd invest in some sleeves. However, they are unneccesary unless you have huge power goals in mind.

http://inlinefour.com/dartonsleeves.html

^^^^^Darton sleeves
Old 10-10-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: darton flanged sleeves? (calrya31)

um..yea...so um...anyone know anything about the "Flanged" sleeves?
Old 10-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

wtf are flanged sleeves?
Old 10-11-2005, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wtf are flanged sleeves?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i would also like to know, never heard of flanged sleeves
Old 10-11-2005, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RudeLude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">um..yea...so um...anyone know anything about the "Flanged" sleeves?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you talking about a step-deck?
Old 10-12-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Re: darton flanged sleeves? (Sinitron)

i came across them on raceeng.com, i need to rebuild my h22a, so i'm sleeving it and puttin gin pistons and rods, but i dont intend to boost over 15psi, so i dont think i need the mid sleeve kit (kinda extreme?). the "flanged sleeves" are pretty cheap, and i would think that theyd support the power i'm seeking. i emailed them, but they are taking forever and a damn day to get back to me about them. so i wanna know if anyone knows or could tell me anything about them at all?
thanks
daniel
Old 10-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RudeLude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i came across them on raceeng.com, i need to rebuild my h22a, so i'm sleeving it and puttin gin pistons and rods, but i dont intend to boost over 15psi, so i dont think i need the mid sleeve kit (kinda extreme?). the "flanged sleeves" are pretty cheap, and i would think that theyd support the power i'm seeking. i emailed them, but they are taking forever and a damn day to get back to me about them. so i wanna know if anyone knows or could tell me anything about them at all?
thanks
daniel</TD></TR></TABLE>

We've done several Darton "flanged" sleeve installs in closed-deck H-series. More support for the head gasket and room to machine oring if desired. Same style sleeved used in aftermarket Aluminum V8 racing blocks.
Jim
Old 10-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

the only sleeves darton offers besides the mid are just the standard plain sleeves
Old 10-12-2005, 03:44 PM
sh!t happens.

G

The MID's are the ****.. I had to sell mine.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Default Re: darton flanged sleeves? (G"UNIT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G"UNIT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The MID's are the ****.. I had to sell mine. </TD></TR></TABLE>

to me
Old 10-13-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: darton flanged sleeves? (doublej)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doublej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We've done several Darton "flanged" sleeve installs in closed-deck H-series. More support for the head gasket and room to machine oring if desired. Same style sleeved used in aftermarket Aluminum V8 racing blocks.
Jim</TD></TR></TABLE>

do u sell them? what mm can the be bored to? if u sell them pm me with a price. thanks
daniel
Old 10-16-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: darton flanged sleeves? (doublej)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doublej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

We've done several Darton "flanged" sleeve installs in closed-deck H-series. More support for the head gasket and room to machine oring if desired. Same style sleeved used in aftermarket Aluminum V8 racing blocks.
Jim</TD></TR></TABLE>

pm'd