Notices

damn it, help please...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn it, help please...

OK, here's a little bit of background on my car. A few months ago the timing belt slipped and as a result a few valves got messed up. Since the cylinder head was out i decided to send it to alaniz technologies and got their "street master" package. I put everything back together including a new water pump, new timing belt, head gasket, etc...

The car starts with a cold iddle of 2,000rpms and once it warms up the iddle starts jumping from 1k to 2k rpms. Following trouble shooting procedures in the Helms manual i checked the following: Spark plugs gap, air cleaner and PCV valve. Today i was going to double check the timing but before doing so, i took the valve cover out to make sure that the crank pulley and cam gears line up at TDC. I noticed that the crank pulley was a little bit off in relation to the cam gears. So i slide the timing belt off the cam gears, rotated the crank pulley until it lined up with the pointer and put the timing belt back on the gears. I rotated the crank pulley once (with the belt attached to the gears) and after one full rotation the cam gears are not aligning with each other anymore. The timing belt is not overtighted but it's not loose either. What can be the cause for the cam gears not to aligned with each other after just one 360 degrees rotation of the cam pulley?

For reference the car in questionis a 99 Civic Si with a JRSC
Old 10-09-2003, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: damn it, help please... (HESAMI)

wrong timing belt?....what's a "street master package"
Old 10-09-2003, 04:53 PM
I live under a rock

Default Re: damn it, help please... (HESAMI)

It sounds like you probably just had a vaccuum line off your ITM, which causes the idle to jump up and down like that...... my advice is to check all your vac lines for cracks, and more obviously look for ones that blew off, you may also want to wire tie them to their respective ports......... as for your timing issues, sounds like you screwed up the cam/crank alignment, go back to TDC and start over, then do the vaccuum check....... then tell us what happens