Notices

Da Intercooler Setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Da Intercooler Setup

I have a 93 integra.. and i am about to go turbo, but i am trying to keep the stock look for the most part.. I have a 31X8X2.5 intercooler that i want to use on the car. I have a blox manifold that is going on the car as well(it is the a/c and power steering compatiable one). I am trying to see if i could mount the intercooler on with the support bar still in one piece and with the front grill still on the bumper.. Does any have a pics of that or does anybody have what size intercooler should be used on what i am trying to do.. I am only going for 300whp on the car.. so i am ok with using a smaller intercooler than the one that i have already.. i am very open for suggestion about what i should do.. thanks...
Old 08-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Da Intercooler Setup

i would at least thought that somebody could guide me in the right direction.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:53 PM

Get a intercooler that supports your set up and pain it black..

I still have the front grill to my bumper
Old 08-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your not on the wrong website but G2ic.com would be a better place to start as this is specific to those years
Old 08-31-2009, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Gonna be a tight fit if you intend on keeping the front support bar and everything in the front intact. Only way to tell is to take off the bumper cover and test fit it. The problem with the DA front end is that its not very deep or tall (with the factory bumper support) so you need a long, thin intercooler which is far from optimal.

I cut quite a bit of my front end to fit a slightly larger intercooler than yours and i'm running a jdm front bumper support which is basically a thin piece of metal to hold the bumper cover on. One thing i hated about DA turbo setups is the drivers side piping that went from the turbo into the intercooler snaking around so i did a kinda back door setup. If you do that with a smaller intercooler it might help your fitment issues.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not a great pic but you get the idea

Old 08-31-2009, 09:35 PM
Reject Papi

hmm....ok, i'm not thread jacking, but i'm running into the same issue on my 91 gs. Kevin, would you please take a pic of the front end like you have up there, only closer to the car? if you have one that is. my intercooler is only 27" long, and i'm having a clearance issue with my driver side piping. i don't want to cut into the car, but it seems to me like its almost my only option. thank you.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kevin
Gonna be a tight fit if you intend on keeping the front support bar and everything in the front intact. Only way to tell is to take off the bumper cover and test fit it. The problem with the DA front end is that its not very deep or tall (with the factory bumper support) so you need a long, thin intercooler which is far from optimal.

I cut quite a bit of my front end to fit a slightly larger intercooler than yours and i'm running a jdm front bumper support which is basically a thin piece of metal to hold the bumper cover on. One thing i hated about DA turbo setups is the drivers side piping that went from the turbo into the intercooler snaking around so i did a kinda back door setup. If you do that with a smaller intercooler it might help your fitment issues.

What size is that intercooler that u have on your ride? I am wanting to keep my front grill on my car, I see know body is keeping them!! What would u suggest for a size for a intercooler? Thanks for some good info