Notices

D16y8 tubo setup coolant line question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D16y8 tubo setup coolant line question

Im running a garret t28 turbo set up the edelbrock performance kit on my 97 civic ex and i was wonderin where the coolant line hooks up under the throttle body b/c there are two nipples one is for coolant and i think that other might be fuel but im not really sure Im also not really sure about where to run my pvc hose from the fitting on the back of the intake mani, i was told that there is a small black box down on the engine block next to oil filter and it hooks up there but idk thanx
Old 04-06-2006, 07:20 AM

Default Re: D16y8 tubo setup coolant line question (MBlake55)

you do not have to hook the coolant line back up. it was designed for very cold palces to help heat the TB up faster durig cold weather starts. If you live up north inthe cold then yea you need it, if you live down south or where it's warm, t's not.

no fuel line connects to the TB at all. a fuel return connects to the fuel rail only.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D16y8 tubo setup coolant line question (MBlake55)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MBlake55 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im running a garret t28 turbo set up the edelbrock performance kit on my 97 civic ex and i was wonderin where the coolant line hooks up under the throttle body b/c there are two nipples one is for coolant and i think that other might be fuel but im not really sure Im also not really sure about where to run my pvc hose from the fitting on the back of the intake mani, i was told that there is a small black box down on the engine block next to oil filter and it hooks up there but idk thanx</TD></TR></TABLE>

you are partly right about tapping off the coolant line to the TB. cut the line coming from the block and put a T.

for the vac line tap your brake booster. in the pic (kinda hard to see) but it's on the top right. i have a macmasterr manifold there with 4 ports besides the innie and outie

Old 04-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D16y8 tubo setup coolant line question (Laserjock)

so u have any pics that are closer up? p.s. i also was told that i have to run a pvc hose from the nipple fitting on the back of my intake mani to a little black box located down near the oil filter on the back of the block.......is this true and wat wil happen if i dont run the positive crancase ventilation line?