Notices

D15B Head Gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default D15B Head Gasket?

Im doing the vitara/eagle setup and I heard the vitaras will be raised about .008" so I'd need a thicker head gasket.. Anyone know what gasket i'd need? I searched and only really found that someone used a .043" HG and it worked good.. Im just not tryna experience piston slappage, thanks in advance...
Old 08-04-2007, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: D15B Head Gasket? (JDM_SOHC)

HEY - ME AND MY BUDDY BUILT BOOSTED D15B'S. I AM RUNNING A STOCK BLOCK WITH A .051 COMETIC HEADGASKET. MY BUDDY HAS VITARAS AND EAGLE RODS. HE IS GOING TO USE THE SAME. HIS IS NOT RUNNING YET THOUGH.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D15B Head Gasket? (BOOSTEDFERIO)

sweet dude thats the one i was thinking of buying... it will raise the compression up a bit i suppose, but i dont think the .030 will give enough clearance for the pistons to not slap, so i was like damn .051 is my next choice i guess... I thought somewhere i saw .043" 75mm headgasket somewhere, because i heard that one is the one that works perfect... But **** dude i appreciate your input cuz at least i kno that one will work... whats ur CR..???
Old 08-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Will 2 stock headgaskets be enough? Alot of people do that on stock b-series to lower compression.

Adrianop
Old 08-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D15B Head Gasket? (Adriano)

i was just thinkin an MLS "multi layer steel" gasket would be fine, just wasnt sure of the measurement specs... as of right now i have ARP head studs, and i wanted to get a new headgasket... Im only gonna be boostin 7-8psi tuned on crome though so im gonna be alright for now.. I've heard stock d15b's holdin 10psi just fine but i dont wanna push it... Not until i get my pistons an rods at least...
Old 08-05-2007, 01:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've heard stock d15b's holdin 10psi just fine but i dont wanna push it... Not until i get my pistons an rods at least... </TD></TR></TABLE>

to bad psi has nothing to do with a motors ability to run xxxxx and be safe
the only thing that matters is whp
and on a d15b stock with new HG and arp head studs your looking at around 200whp to be safe. it doesn't matter if it's 14psi or 7psi.
on a strong motor 220whp tops
Old 08-05-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: D15B Head Gasket? (Adriano)

WHATS CR? THE THICKER HEADGASKET WILL RAISE THE HEAD AND LOWER COMPRESSION. I WAS NOT SURE IF YOU JUST WROTE IT WRONG. BTW PSI HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH RUNNING A MOTOR SAFELY. YOU CANT RUN OVER 10 PSI ON A STOCK D15B BLOCK AND NOT EXPECT THINGS TO GO POP! WHAT MAKES WHP IS A SWEET STREET TUNE. I SPENT 1K ON S300 AND STREET TUNING. I CAN MAKE MORE WHP AT 7PSI THAN A CRAP TUNE AT 10-14 PSI. DONT GET IT TWISTED.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BOOSTEDFERIO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WHATS CR? THE THICKER HEADGASKET WILL RAISE THE HEAD AND LOWER COMPRESSION. I WAS NOT SURE IF YOU JUST WROTE IT WRONG. BTW PSI HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH RUNNING A MOTOR SAFELY. YOU CANT RUN OVER 10 PSI ON A STOCK D15B BLOCK AND NOT EXPECT THINGS TO GO POP! WHAT MAKES WHP IS A SWEET STREET TUNE. I SPENT 1K ON S300 AND STREET TUNING. I CAN MAKE MORE WHP AT 7PSI THAN A CRAP TUNE AT 10-14 PSI. DONT GET IT TWISTED. </TD></TR></TABLE>

A "Sweet Street Tune" huh? lmao.

Dude...you need to not speak on this subject because you obviously dont have a damn clue as to what you are saying!

PSI has NOTHING to do with how safe a motor will run!...its all about power that a specific motor can handle, regardless of the pressure it takes from the turbo itself. 7 psi on a straight t3 is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than 7 psi on an SC61 turbo and will create different amounts of power throughout different parts of the RPM band....just so you know.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1004578

There is just ONE of many threads i can give you on this subject...ill allow you to do the rest of the research yourself since you're obviously clueless.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:18 AM

wow your not only wrong but YOUR YELLING AT EVERYONE. LOL A "SWEET TUNE" ALL HALE TO THE NEW ALL MIGHTY TUNER THAT CAN PULL CRAZY POWER FROM 7 PSI REGARDLESS WHAT TURBO IT IS. DO YOU HAVE A CLASS OR SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN TEACH YOUR "SWEET " WAYS? I DON'T EVER WONT TO "GET IT TWISTED" AGAIN. good god you are one retarded bastard. you are aware that there is **** on line right? go check that out it might treat you better. in the mean time if you do stay around here try not to post because all your accomplishing is showing your ignorance. but whatever do as you wish great one. lol damn noob
Old 08-06-2007, 07:49 AM

^^ I gave him a lil schooling too
Old 08-06-2007, 08:10 AM

Default Re: (1995Civic)

ya i see that
wow that's just retarded
he has been registered a whole day lol
sometimes i just don't understand people

o and just for the record a "crap" tune is not in any way a safe tune
we are talking safe here
Old 08-06-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: (95jeremie)

IS THIS A WEB SIGHT FOR JUST KIDS OR CAN GROWN-UPS PLAY ALONG TOO? CALLING ME A RETARDED BASTARD IS PRETTY WEAK! MAYBE YOU SHOULD TELL US ALL ABOUT YOUR TURBO HONDA!? YOU YEARS OF EXPERIENCE LAYING IN YOUR DRIVEWAY UNDER JACK STANDS. PLEASE LET ME STAND ASIDE AND LET THE KING OF TURBOS SPEAK. I FEEL SO SCHOOLED BY A COUPLE OF KIDS OUT OF COLLEGE, OR DID YOU NOT GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL? COME BACK AND TALK TO ME WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING I UNDERSTAND AND CAN READ. BTW 2 DAYS ON HONDATECH DONT MEAN ****! PLUS I NEVER SAID I WAS A TUNER JACK-***, I HIRED ONE. GET A CLUE GROCERY BAGGER BOY.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BOOSTEDFERIO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BOOSTEDFERIO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IS THIS A WEB SIGHT FOR JUST KIDS OR CAN GROWN-UPS PLAY ALONG TOO? CALLING ME A RETARDED BASTARD IS PRETTY WEAK! MAYBE YOU SHOULD TELL US ALL ABOUT YOUR TURBO HONDA!? YOU YEARS OF EXPERIENCE LAYING IN YOUR DRIVEWAY UNDER JACK STANDS. PLEASE LET ME STAND ASIDE AND LET THE KING OF TURBOS SPEAK. I FEEL SO SCHOOLED BY A COUPLE OF KIDS OUT OF COLLEGE, OR DID YOU NOT GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL? COME BACK AND TALK TO ME WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING I UNDERSTAND AND CAN READ. BTW 2 DAYS ON HONDATECH DONT MEAN ****! PLUS I NEVER SAID I WAS A TUNER JACK-***, I HIRED ONE. GET A CLUE GROCERY BAGGER BOY.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok my friend, I guess I'll jump in here. They are right, Detonation and cylinder pressure is what pops head gasket's. My first engine was a d15b7 with an a6 built head running 24 psi. I had "The gansta Tune".. LMAO..

BTW.. RE-READ THIS!! IT MIGHT HELP YOU..

PSI has NOTHING to do with how safe a motor will run!...its all about power that a specific motor can handle, regardless of the pressure it takes from the turbo itself. 7 psi on a straight t3 is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than 7 psi on an SC61 turbo and will create different amounts of power throughout different parts of the RPM band....just so you know.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: (BOOSTEDFERIO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BOOSTEDFERIO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IS THIS A WEB SIGHT FOR JUST KIDS OR CAN GROWN-UPS PLAY ALONG TOO? CALLING ME A RETARDED BASTARD IS PRETTY WEAK! MAYBE YOU SHOULD TELL US ALL ABOUT YOUR TURBO HONDA!? YOU YEARS OF EXPERIENCE LAYING IN YOUR DRIVEWAY UNDER JACK STANDS. PLEASE LET ME STAND ASIDE AND LET THE KING OF TURBOS SPEAK. I FEEL SO SCHOOLED BY A COUPLE OF KIDS OUT OF COLLEGE, OR DID YOU NOT GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL? COME BACK AND TALK TO ME WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING I UNDERSTAND AND CAN READ. BTW 2 DAYS ON HONDATECH DONT MEAN ****! PLUS I NEVER SAID I WAS A TUNER JACK-***, I HIRED ONE. GET A CLUE GROCERY BAGGER BOY.</TD></TR></TABLE>

how about you figure out how to turn the caps lock off? and stop bitching
you gave some wrong info and was called on it
take it with a grain of salt and move on
and no I'm not calling you names
I'm talking all facts
PSI means dick
whp is what matters
and you are one retarded bastard
learn from it and you will no longer be a retarded bastard
only a dumb ****
but really get over it
it's Honda-tech for gods sake
Old 08-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D15B Head Gasket? (95jeremie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95jeremie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

to bad psi has nothing to do with a motors ability to run xxxxx and be safe
the only thing that matters is whp
and on a d15b stock with new HG and arp head studs your looking at around 200whp to be safe. it doesn't matter if it's 14psi or 7psi.
on a strong motor 220whp tops </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah... I knew that, but thanks for lettin everyone else know

I was talking about with the setup I have not just any D15B, so sorry for ur confusion...
Old 08-10-2007, 04:09 PM
i ♥ snails

lol this is a retarded thread.