Notices

D series Turbo Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D series Turbo Kit?

hey, im looking for a D series turbo kit.... ive tried searching for hours but didnt come up with anyhing useful.
can someone help me and tell me what good turbo kits there are for a D series in an EK? i plan on driving it daily... but still want 250hp... is that recommended?
thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 09:19 PM

Default Re: D series Turbo Kit? (andresmirt)

jodeputa, no one wants to help me??
Old 09-14-2006, 09:40 PM

put it together on your own you will save money and make more power
Old 09-15-2006, 05:07 AM

Default Re: D series Turbo Kit? (moops vs moors)

say what you want, i didnt find anything that helped me. your comments are useless, so beat it.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D series Turbo Kit? (88sleeperx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88sleeperx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put it together on your own you will save money and make more power </TD></TR></TABLE>

This guy's right. If you have the time, start shopping around. You will save lots of money by buying the components separately. If your in a hurry, you might be able to luck out by finding someone in the classifieds section looking to sell their kit as a whole.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:55 AM

There are good kits out there, but I don't see any reason not to piece one dogether.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:38 PM

kits are lame, piece one together yourself and you will not only save money and make more power, but you will get a better understanding of how everything works
Old 09-17-2006, 08:08 PM

Default Re: (K Stef)

its not my first time boosting, i used to have an evo 6. but this is my first honda, and i am doing as much learning as i can before i boost my d16. i feel like if i get a kit, and tune it well, i can drive it daily for a while, and then if i feel the need for more power i can always change the internals....
i dont really want a used greddy kit, just because i dont really like used things, id rather get that nice warranty that comes with a new kit and everything...
thanks for the help
Old 09-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (andresmirt)

Get an Edelbrock kit. Pricey, but it's got top notch pieces.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:37 AM

Default Re: (EK k kay)

from what i hear, the people who didnt piece one together got their kits from greddy or from arizona forced induction, i really want a ram style manifold on the D series... i think it looks more badass than anything... imo...
Old 09-18-2006, 10:01 AM

now that i think about it, i really like that edelbrock kit... however, i dont know which one i would like most, victorx or performerx... what do you guys think best suits me? (daily driving.... reliable, but i want power......)
Old 09-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by andresmirt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">from what i hear, the people who didnt piece one together got their kits from greddy or from arizona forced induction, i really want a ram style manifold on the D series... i think it looks more badass than anything... imo... </TD></TR></TABLE>

That ram style manifold gos a lot deeper than looks, it has to do with pulses of the engine....look at graphs between logs and rams. Ram manifolds usually give you very good top end power.

Also check herehttps://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1643764
and visit http://www.turbod16.com
Old 09-18-2006, 08:16 PM

Default Re: D series Turbo Kit? (itslogics)

wow, i think youre the first person to really not hate about the comment and actually try to help

and yeah, ive been searching those sites quite a bit, trying to read as much as i can about it.
thanks dude
Old 09-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D series Turbo Kit? (88sleeperx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88sleeperx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put it together on your own you will save money and make more power </TD></TR></TABLE>

i remember people telling me this, i was too in a hurry for boost and got a drag kit, the basic kit. turns out i'm upgraging to an rld fab mani and other parts as well, and the price of upgrades added to my kit is almost as much as the full race kit, the one i should've got in the first place, which is pretty much top notch stuff. i really regret the drag kit and if i could do it over, i would part together a kit.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no problem man, everybody starts out somewhere. Just remember to research and know what your getting yourself into.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: D series Turbo Kit? (itslogics)

if you have the budget i'd look into a kit from full-race i think someone mentioned them already, def top notch.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:22 AM

Default Re: D series Turbo Kit? (sohc_boy)

i had seen full race before... back when i was looking into an ls swap and seeing my options, but i didnt see anything for D series... i didnt think they would bother... it seems like a good choice though. ill look into it, thanks for all the input guy.
and as for the teddyDc2, i was actually going to go for the edelbrock performerX kit and then upgrade it probably within a year or something.. but for now, i dont mind saving up another grand or two and going full-race....
thanks guys
Old 09-19-2006, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they def have kits available for the d-series now.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah they did, they built a single cam turbo for Pinks, too bad they lost. it made awsome power for the setup though...
Old 09-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (andresmirt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by andresmirt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its not my first time boosting, i used to have an evo 6. but this is my first honda, and i am doing as much learning as i can before i boost my d16. i feel like if i get a kit, and tune it well, i can drive it daily for a while, and then if i feel the need for more power i can always change the internals....
i dont really want a used greddy kit, just because i dont really like used things, id rather get that nice warranty that comes with a new kit and everything...
thanks for the help</TD></TR></TABLE>

So this IS your first time boosting..........a factory turbo'd car does not meet the intent of what he was trying to say. He is saying this is your first time making a otherwise n/a car into a turbo'd car. There's nothing wrong with this being your first turbo project. But what has been said about peicing together your own kit is accurate. You will learn much more and save money at the same time. That being said, I'm sure you could get a kit from many of the H-T sponsors here. Including, but not limited to......

Full Race
Peakboost
Spoolin Performance
Boostfed (sells full race kits i believe)
Arizona forced induction
and many others..........a search will yeild a lot of results.........most of these companies focus on b-series kits, but I am sure that they have d-series kits as well. GL.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:13 PM

just because you owned a turbo car before doesnt mean you know anything about it. either way.

http://www.homemadeturbo.com
http://www.turbod16.com

youre welcome.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:30 AM

Default Re: D series Turbo Kit? (knockout)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by knockout &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just because you owned a turbo car before doesnt mean you know anything about it. either way.

http://www.homemadeturbo.com
http://www.turbod16.com

youre welcome.</TD></TR></TABLE>

nobody said i was thankful for this kind of comment, and nobody said my evo was stock either. i admit my knowledge is limited,hence, i am here asking questions. However, thanks for the sites.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:35 AM

Default Re: (KeyserSoze)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KeyserSoze &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

.....most of these companies focus on b-series kits, but I am sure that they have d-series kits as well. GL.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks, when i searched nothing really came up on the D series. im gonna pm most of these guys and see whats up with a D series turbo kit...

paying $3200 for an edelbrock kit, or paying $3999 for a full-race kit? i think ill go for the full-race kit, but it still doesnt hurt to ask around a bit more.
will the stock internals on a d16 handle around 10 psi?
Old 09-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

peak boost makes great kits too, their price is in between. they have a good rep of making power. i still think the prices are too high.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:09 AM

Default Re: (teddy_dc2)

do i have to call everyplace??? i checked their website and found nothing that said D series or D16y7 anything....

this almost makes me want to go b series....

owning a b series engine is like having a bellybutton, everyones got one.

Quick Reply: D series Turbo Kit?