Notices

D series boost..

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D series boost..

Ok I have been looking but cant really find a kit that would be good for my setup. Im running viatra pistons, eagle hbeams, stock head, 255lph fuel pump, dont have ecu yet, or turbo kit. Im looking to push 300+hp and run 11's or 12's in an eg or del sol. Any suggestions on what Kit I should buy?
Old 12-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D series boost.. (Panda Eg6)

Check the classifieds and piece it together.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Re: D series boost.. (eh3 93)

Definitely piece it together on your own.

I wouldn't get so caught up on times you want to run .. just get your turbo stuff setup and you will be happy with the results. There have been numerous 400+ whp setups on Vitaras

Just worry about how you are keep 400whp on the ground with a stock suspension (Assuming you have one considering you didn't list any mods)
Old 12-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm doing basically the same without really setting goals upfront... I'm building my turbo kit based on future expandability.

My Plans are as follows:

T3 turbo (to start with if I want more power later I can always just get a bigger turbo and bigger injectors and everything else is in place already.)
DSM injectors
Hondata
Spoolin Log Manifold
Tial Wastegate
Forge BOV (DV really)
944 Intercooler (big FMIC from a 944 Porsche)
Piping I picked up from various Saab Turbo's
Scat Rods
Vitara Pistons

Piecing it together like I am is a bit of a PITA but not soo much... only really custom problems I SHOULD run into are:
- plumbing the charge air piping since it's not pre fabricated to fit my application
- Running the DP since all I really have is a flang with a 90 degree bend.
- Mounting the Intercooler since it's neither made for my car nor is it a universal fit... but I should be able to get it mounted up with at most welding a couple tabs on it.

Then plumbing the oil/coolant lines for the turbo is gunna be kinda a pain since it's not a "kit" but again shouldn't be that bad.

It all depends on your level of comfort working on these aspects of the install... if you're not comfortable at all you should prob. get parts from someone elses kit... like the charge piping so it all just fits where it should. and the manifold/turbo/DP so that it just bolts up to the block and stock cat. That certainly makes things easier but you also end up making sacrafices with "kits" as they're made to be as safe as possible not as good or efficient as possible.

Biggest downfall of most kits out there are as follows:

- No upgraded injectors
- poor fueling compensation
- low boost
- most lack an intercooler

You COULD buy a kit and upgrade these aspects but they you're spending a LOT more money.

For my build as it's planned right now it's gunna cost me about 2-2500 and that's going to be theoretically capable of 275-300whp (I think the 440's/t3 might not go THAT high)... but again all I need to do is change out turbo/injectors and I could be running 400+ with a retune.

GOOD LUCK
Old 12-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Pick up a greddy kit and call it a day thats if you dont really have any long terms goals but if you do you can always upgrade the turbo and get a new front mount. Theres one on hondatech for 1100 but he lost the sticker so its not carb legal any more but hey your getting a reliable turbo kit for only 1100 if not piece together one but your going to need to get a fuel pressure regulator if your going to be boosting more then 10lbs i believe and bigger injectors atleast 550s if your going to want to hit 300+ dont forget to get that **** tuned!
Old 12-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: D series boost.. (ekk41)

Piece one together, we can help you get most of the parts. We pieces together two turbo kits last week, all name brand parts, total came out to 1,600
Old 12-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D series boost.. (RCautoworks)

Nice, thanks for the input guys. Yea most "kits" are pretty cheesy. I think it would be better to just piece it together and do it right.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RCautoworks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Piece one together, we can help you get most of the parts. We pieces together two turbo kits last week, all name brand parts, total came out to 1,600</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ill check it out, Thanks
Old 02-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im about to do a d series turbo, I had LS turbo until the turbo kit got jacked but I would piece a kit together thats what I did for my LS that way you can get the best of the best stuff.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D series boost.. (RCautoworks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RCautoworks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Piece one together, we can help you get most of the parts. We pieces together two turbo kits last week, all name brand parts, total came out to 1,600</TD></TR></TABLE>