Notices

CX turbo dyno sheet

Old 10-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX turbo dyno sheet

This project took me two years, only because it was hard to find time to work on it but I'm finally in the drivers seat. I am in no way finished but I'm very happy with what I have so far. I started out with a B18C1 swap with a jdm type-r transmission tuned on hondata s200. The motor had over 100k miles on it so I didn't want to slap a turbo on that. So I ordered a jdm B18C1 from passwordjdm and a Drag turbo kit. I got the drag kit and wasn't to crazy about most of it so I bought a blox turbo manifold and spoolin performance closed loop DP and intercooler piping. I also wanted to keep it legal so I got kteller 2.5" piping magniflow muffler and cat. Hondata isn't upating s200 with boost anymore so I had to get an s300. I got dyno tuned at Balanced Performance and made 234whp and 170lbtq @5.7 psi. I'm going to get a manual boost controller and crank it up. I'm looking for 260whp. I'm going to build my other motor but I know it's going to take me a long time so I want this current set up to last a while and I have a light clutch so I want keep it at or under 260whp. Here is my dyno graph and some pics. enjoi
Attached Images     
Old 10-19-2009, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: CX turbo dyno sheet

keeping it legal is killing ur power. your cat is hurting the power
Old 10-19-2009, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boosted k20
keeping it legal is killing ur power. your cat is hurting the power
I have a test pipe to swap in. when I get a chance I will do a dyno without the cat turned up to 7 or 8 psi. I need to be able to pass emissions because I don't know anyone to hook me up. After I pass I will put my test pipe in. Thanks for the heads up though.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:53 AM

Also, if you put an intake with filter on the turbo and run it away from the turbo you will gain power too and thats cheap easy power. When i was on the dyno all i had was a filter on my turbo then the very next run put a tube and filter and ran it away from the turbo and gained 12hp without changing anything. Just to let you know.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1DayIllBFast
Also, if you put an intake with filter on the turbo and run it away from the turbo you will gain power too and thats cheap easy power. When i was on the dyno all i had was a filter on my turbo then the very next run put a tube and filter and ran it away from the turbo and gained 12hp without changing anything. Just to let you know.
That's good to know. I thought I would loose power after installing the filter. I'm still fabing one up right now but space is limited. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my overflow tank to make some more room for a filter. The car pulls hard despite the low numbers. I think the type-r transmission helps a lot but when I turn the power up it's going to make it hard to drive. I have a gsr transmission that came with the new motor so I guess I will swap that in. I just read a thread where people are making 350whp on a completely stock jdm b18c. I thought the higher compression would make the engine more volatile but I guess 300whp should be safe.