Notices

Custom turbo manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom turbo manifold?

My friend can lay some nice beads and seems to be a pretty good welder, but the task of custom making a turbo manifold for a F22A is just a bit over our heads.

So i found this site
http://www.trackforged.com/store.php

There arent many options for the F22A's. Just a collection of cast "log" manifolds from i have found. So i thought that i could maybe buy the stainless tubing kit from treadstone and go from there. But the tubing kit is ~$300 i believe and the task is fairly intimidating and if i mess up... there goes my money.

My question is would it be dumb, or just a plain bad idea to buy one of these manifolds and cut them from the flange and weld them onto a F22A stainless exhaust flange? These manifolds look great, and a HECK of a lot more to look at in an engine bay then the log type. Iv heard the logs spool faster... but if im gonna drop the money for a decent setup.. i want it to look pretty as well :D
Old 03-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Custom turbo manifold?

google weirtech he can get u the flanges pretty cheap. acestainless.com can get you all the piping you need. shouldent come up to no where near 300

i believe one of the dsm turbo manifolds will work with a slight knotch cut into the last bolt hole, search for some info on that for an alternative.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the weirtech site keeps coming up as a malware site and my firewall wont let me, and when i finally bypass it all, the size freezes or the links dont work. Figures .

Do you believe that i could simply modify those other manifolds for my flange? Or are those manifolds garbage?
Old 03-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump! Would like to be able to order one tonight (technically morning). Or go an alternate route
Old 03-28-2011, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsnorlax
the weirtech site keeps coming up as a malware site and my firewall wont let me, and when i finally bypass it all, the size freezes or the links dont work. Figures .

Do you believe that i could simply modify those other manifolds for my flange? Or are those manifolds garbage?
I dont think the f series head has equal exhaust port spacing like most of the others. google what "SQ Squad" recommended on the mitsubishi eclipse turbo manifold conversion before you go modifying something else. Or have one built for the f22.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by h2.4
I dont think the f series head has equal exhaust port spacing like most of the others. google what "SQ Squad" recommended on the mitsubishi eclipse turbo manifold conversion before you go modifying something else. Or have one built for the f22.
the F22A does have equally spaced ex. ports. the F22B doesn't. i believe the flange for the F22A is the same as the H23. should be able to find one of those pretty easily.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well i dont think the spacing would be equal either, but it would be a lot easier to buy those ones, and move them a bit and weld on an extra inch or so of piping then to the flange. And im looking into the t3/t4 so im not looking for a DSM setup.