Notices

Crazy street fuel setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy street fuel setup

Would it be possible to have two seperate fuel systems on one car? One running pump and one running c16. Say you have an intake manifold that supports 2 rails and 8 injectors could you run the stock fuel lines to one set then have a 2 gal tank in the back with c16 and a big external pump with ss lines going to the other fuel rail and bigger injectors.

I don't see any reason why it wouldnt work, the only thing I don't know is that if there is an ems could run somthing like this.

Say turn off the car and flip a switch that would change the maps and enable the secondary pump/injectors and disable the primary pump/injectors then start it back up running off the c16.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Crazy street fuel setup (nevin)

why the extra injectors? you could wire an external pump on a fuel cell and just switch it on and the the other one off with a switch and some valves on the fuel lines and your ready to go......
Old 11-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Crazy street fuel setup (D@nnY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D@nnY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why the extra injectors? you could wire an external pump on a fuel cell and just switch it on and the the other one off with a switch and some valves on the fuel lines and your ready to go......</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i would do...be alot easier and less work and money. Just get a 5 gallon fuel cell with c16 in it, and run seperate lines with a seperate pump. Then just swap a few valves and walla race gas.

liam
Old 11-11-2005, 11:35 PM
RMS

Default Re: Crazy street fuel setup (D@nnY)

you mean like this. lots of guys run aem utilizing that idea. race gas as needed.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Crazy street fuel setup (RMS)

do you have anymore details on that setup? i will be using the aem ems and was thinking about having a 3 or 5 gallon cell full of methanol to be injected when needed... could i just use the nitrous distribution blocks to distribute the methanol?
Old 11-12-2005, 12:21 AM
RMS

Default Re: Crazy street fuel setup (wantboost)

if aem's forum ever comes up again there are links there. the mani pic'd is mine. i have a three gallon cell with in tank twin turbo supra pump mounted in it feeding the 1000cc secondary injectors you see on the bottom of that h22 mani. aem can taper from one set of injectors to the other at a given boost pressure automatically.... so say at 12 psi the secondaries start to flow and by 16psi 100% of the fuel going to the motor is injected through the secondaries. mine will be running very soon. lots of custom work finally coming to fruition.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:28 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: Crazy street fuel setup (RMS)

With a motec(m48, m800) you could so it so you have 8 injectors. One rail with pump gas to drive around in and the other one for c16. You can keep your stock set up on the pump gas, but get a small fuel cell to run c16 and a fuel pump. As soon as you go into boost it will turn on the injectors to run c16.

so you can still have an econo **** box that is fast with boost! And you dont have to flip any switches or run your lap top. Just make sure you dont run out of gas!!

Actually, Tony1 just told me about running this set up yesterday..hehe
Old 11-12-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Crazy street fuel setup (Arturbo)

im pretty sure the aem ems can control 8 injectors i gotta look to double check though.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Crazy street fuel setup (whoneedzvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whoneedzvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im pretty sure the aem ems can control 8 injectors i gotta look to double check though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it can control upto 10 injectors
Old 11-12-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Crazy street fuel setup (D-tuned)

i have a fuel system that uses both a fuel cell and stock gas tank. the stock tank is supported by a holley hp pump that is used on pump gas up to 12 psi. the fuel cell is supported by an aeromotive pump to supply c-16 from 15 psi . in my set up there are two seperate switches to turn on the holley pump and areomotive pump. when one is turned on , i can switch the other off. all fuel goes to one set of injectors and one fuel rail. it's lines are seperated by switch off valves ie pump gas line goes to one valve and c16 line to another valve. this is then tee to the rail. the same set up is repeated for return lines. when i need to run race gas, i just switch off the pump gas line and switch on the c16 line.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Crazy street fuel setup (b00stedbyFastrax)

Atomic Fabio over on the supra forums has a setup in which while the engine is under little to no load it runs on pump gas, but once it comes onto boost AEM switches over to race gas. The ems automatically and seamlessly switches between the two seperate fuel systems.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:31 AM

Thanks for all the replies people, i've been wanting to do a setup like this for a long time. I figured someone had done it before anyways.

So only aem and motec can handle a setup like this?
Old 11-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that's a sick setup.....
Old 11-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lucidvtec)

Little Old Megasquirt can do dual fuels as well...

Dual Table:
http://megasquirt.sourceforge.....html

Staged Injection:

Switchable Maps:
Old 11-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Crazy street fuel setup (Twisted Greed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Twisted Greed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Atomic Fabio over on the supra forums has a setup in which while the engine is under little to no load it runs on pump gas, but once it comes onto boost AEM switches over to race gas. The ems automatically and seamlessly switches between the two seperate fuel systems.</TD></TR></TABLE>

but i would imagine he likes to pend a good amount of time under boost.... what sort of fuel cell is he running? i could see having the stock tank full of 93 while having a fuel cell in the back.. have one fuel pump like an aeromovie but have a valve inbetween the fuel cell and stock tank... when the aem senses boost it activates the solenoid...
Old 11-13-2005, 04:39 PM

anyone know if neptune can run somthing like this?