Notices

Crank case vent and bov placement?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank case vent and bov placement?

Question #1.
I have seen many different set-ups throughout my quest for this answer, but no explanation yet. I want to know how important it is to vent the head and not just the block. Now I know that neither are a must, but is it really worth the time to vent the block and not the head. I am mostly worried about the cleanliness. I am also performing a wire tuck with this install and I don't want to just re-clutter it with a bunch of hoses. I am definitely venting the block, but will it be waist of time and money if I don't do the head at the same time?

Question #2.
I have also seen many different placements of the blow of valve. I want to do the backdoor set-up on this new intercooler I bought, and I have seen many people put theirs right where the hot side of their charge pipe would normally conncet. Last time I placed it right next to the dizzy or strut tower. Am I wrong by thinking it might be logical to put it as close to the intake as possible? Is there any benefit to either way, or is it personal preference? Again I am shooting for a clean look as well.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANY INPUT WILL HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MAKE IT POSITIVE THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Crank case vent and bov placement?

#1 - both locations are venting the same thing so you could do both or just pick one. the more venting the better, neither is really a "preferred" method. back of the block doesnt require welding and they make nice kits to adapt the block for hoses or AN fittings. depending on your power level you may want more vents

#2 - i think the argument is that closer to the turbo is actually better (some crazy physics explaination) but in all honesty as long as you have one you are good to go. i highly doubt you would see much different in a real world setting.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crank case vent and bov placement?

Nice! I am only shooting for around 300 or so to the wheels. I am pretty over built for that, but I don't want to re-build all the time. And I would like to have more fun on the streets. No track close by. Good info. Thanks!