Notices

Couple pics of our new sleeves

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Couple pics of our new sleeves

I would like to show you guys another option as far as sleeve choice is concerned.
We are the NE dealer for ERL sleeves. A DRY Darton sleeve in this application, which equates to a near zero chance of coolant seepage or dropping of sleeves. Many other great features add included with the purchase of this service. There are absolutely no hidden costs. Everything is included, no bullshit. The best machining available. CMM machine used to the most precise measurements available, CNC for machining, Sunnen for boring. The best of the best basically.
If you are interested then please PM me, email us, or call us. Sorry, Im not trying to turn this into a classified post so get started with the questions if you have any!

Modified by 93LSivic at 2:26 PM 5/10/2004
Old 05-08-2004, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Couple pics of our new sleeves (93LSivic)

impressive
Old 05-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are these made opendeck then just a block gaurd?
Old 05-08-2004, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Couple pics of our new sleeves (B18C1CYA)

my friend has one of these...very nice
Old 05-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Couple pics of our new sleeves (B18C1CYA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C1CYA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are these made opendeck then just a block gaurd?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-09-2004, 11:05 AM
sh!t happens.

G

Default Re: Couple pics of our new sleeves (GitrDone)

how much that cost u shipping and all?
Old 05-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are these just sleeves with a block gaurd??
Old 05-09-2004, 12:44 PM

Default Re: (vtekthis)

Lookin sweet bro You forgot to mention the turnaround time is friggin quick with them as well.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah you need to explain it a bit more.
looks like some sleeves with a block guard(although it is hard to see)
Old 05-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Couple pics of our new sleeves (SiRkid)

does looks like a block guard . do these sink too ? jk
Old 05-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Couple pics of our new sleeves (JonnyDanger)

I guess I should have really gave more info on this. I ran out of the store to get home and forgot a descent description, sorry guys.
We dont like calling it a block guard just beacuse it will give people a bad taste in the back of their throat, atleast that what I get. I hate it when customers insist that I install the average block guard in their blocks, I will almost always try to talk them out of it. Why you ask? They will give uneven pressure at different spots around the outer cast part of the factory sleeves. Among other issues. This is not good....I wont go into further discussion about the negative effects of typical block guards, but instead tell you all about this superior sleeve setup that you see in from of you at the top of the page here.
First off, I would like to tell you about some of the process on the sleeve installation. We all saw the ongoing thread of the "Bensons block is the best ever and why"......which is bs, they do great work and they are relatively inexpensive but to say they are the BEST, well come on now. This is one mans own personal opinion. Sorry, Im about to get off topic here. Back to the subject. For those of you who dont know what a CMM machine is it takes precise measurements down for exact tolerances. The "block gaurd" as you guys are calling it is actually made custom for each individual block that is sleeved. The outside of the cooling jacket on the block is opened using a cnc the "brace" as what i call it is then precision made from the exact measurements taken from the CMM machine. The brace is made from 1/2" aluminum so it doesnt trap heat and it is placed slightly below the deck surface allowing a small area so no heat is conducted to the head through the brace and also for better cooling characteristics.
The sleeves are of course Darton sleeves in the open deck design. These are a dry sleeve configuration which basically means that the factory aluminum part of the sleeve is still there throughout the length of the bore (Sorry kids, you guys with cracked factory sleeves will not be able to use your blocks for this sleeving service, nor can we take them as a core). Which basically means that there will never, ever be a possibility of coolant getting into the bore through the bottom of the sleeve. The wet sleeves which everyone else uses will and can leak through the bottoms of the sleeves. Basically theres some glue--people have seen the slop job the GEM blocks often have--and a couple o-rings keeping the motor from disaster. Also, with the dry sleeve you wont get any kind of dropping which we all know is a problem with sleeving.
Moving on. These blocks will come with a .003" step deck around the cylinder bore for added head gasket seal. Every block will be checked for main bore straightness and if needed then the block will be align bored and each and every block will get align honed jsut to give a little clean up which is part of the sleeving price----this is where the no bullshit no hidden charges come into play. With sleeving, any sleeving, there is always a possibility that the main bores will move around a bit. Even more interesting is that often times the mains would have moved around even before the sleeves are installed. This can lead to major problems such as transmission fitment issues, oil pump gear breakage, spun bearings, crank bindage. Now, with this free service you will also be provided with ACL main bearings, who else offers that? The big thing is, if the block does need an align bore, then you will get custom ACL bearings, known from ERL as their Superback bearings which are oversized to fit within the main bores and to bring the specs back down to factory clearances for the bearings.

Hmm. Think thats about it for now. Thank you for attending my block learning seminar.
Now, what sleeves are the best???

Turn around time is roughly 10 days on all blocks.
We can also turn your B16 into a B18 using a deckplate and longer sleeves. You would need a gsr, itr, or ls crank and new rods to be able to do this. Turn that torqeless b16 into a b18!!

Modified by 93LSivic at 7:53 PM 5/10/2004
Old 05-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, I should throw in some cliff notes. But its worth the couple minutes to read through my whole post above when you decide to make you sleeving choice
Old 05-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93LSivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Every block will be checked for main bore straightness and if needed then the block will be align bored and each and every block will get align honed which is part of the sleeving price----this is where the no bullshit no hidden charges come into play. With sleeving, any sleeving, there is always a possibility that the main bores will move around a bit. </TD></TR></TABLE>
All I can say is that the way Benson installs his sleeves, his blocks never need to be align bored OR align honed. The only time this is necessary IS when the installation process is FLAWED. If you remove too much material from the block, the #1 and #5 saddles WILL shift causing the need for align boring. Benson's install process of MINIMAL aluminum removal, keeps the block's saddles straight.
BTW, it is not good for a block to align bore it because it moves the crank higher in the block. This throws the fragile oil pump gears out of align.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93LSivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now, with this free service you will also be provided with ACL main bearings, who else offers that? The big thing is, if the block does need an align bore, then you will get custom ACL bearings, known from ERL as their Superback bearings which are oversized to fit within the main bores and to bring the specs back down to factory clearances for the bearings.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Do you realize what you are saying here? You are giving away free bearings that have a .001" oversized ID to make up for a main bearing saddle that is out of align. That throws your main bearing clearance off by .001" just to insure that the crank does not freeze up. Not a wise idea but just a bandaid for twisted up block.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93LSivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(Sorry kids, you guys with cracked factory sleeves will not be able to use your blocks for this sleeving service, nor can we take them as a core). </TD></TR></TABLE>It's OK kids, you can send those cracked blocks to Benson. After 15 years of sleeve installing, he can fix all cracked blocks BETTER than new.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93LSivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thank you for attending my block learning seminar. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for inviting me
Old 05-09-2004, 08:10 PM
New User

Thanks for clearing things up Eearl. Sleeves look kind of, i dunno, odd to me. can't really explain it.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93LSivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
First off, I would like to tell you about some of the process on the sleeve installation. We all saw the ongoing thread of the "Bensons block is the best ever and why"......which is bs, they do great work and they are relatively inexpensive but to say they are the BEST, well come on now. </TD></TR></TABLE>
so I assume that you have studied how benson blocks are sleeved in person and know what you do and dont get and how it works?

and how you have studied every single machine shop that can sleeve their blocks and know what each place uses for sleeves, and the pros/cons of each one.

unless you have done that, then dont go can claim to be the best. cause its just marketing bs you are throwing out there to sell more sleeved blocks.
im not pro benson or anyone, I just think people should get straight answers without bs.

lets talk about some other important things since you seem to consider yourself the pimp daddy of block sleeving.

warranty?
how many people have 40psi running on your blocks?
you guys have any people that have hit 8's or 9's ?

I just added you to my list of places that sleeve blocks.
http://www.honda-central.com/r...t=114
why dont you have all your past happy/pissed customers register on my site and leave feedback for you. everybody can then see what fuzion is about.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Couple pics of our new sleeves (earl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by earl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It's OK kids, you can send those cracked blocks to Benson. After 15 years of sleeve installing, he can fix all cracked blocks BETTER than new.

Thanks for inviting me</TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO!
Old 05-09-2004, 08:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93LSivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We dont like calling it a block guard just beacuse it will give people a bad taste in the back of their throat, atleast that what I get. I hate it when customers insist that I install the average block guard in their blocks</TD></TR></TABLE>

so it is a block guard, then?!? so you install the above average block gaurd?!? ....get outta here......really?!
Old 05-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Couple pics of our new sleeves (earl)

come on guys dont fight or talk **** about each others way of doing things...
but I am strongly considering sending my block to earl.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Couple pics of our new sleeves (mamaboy)

this is funny...

and you still havn't advertised this "amazing price" that includes "everything" from medical tape to bandaids for your rigged process of sleeving. &lt;3
Old 05-09-2004, 08:45 PM
New User

Default Re: Couple pics of our new sleeves (hatchling)

Earl &gt; 93LSivic

Hey man...don't think you wanna go into battle with earl on this stuff...heh
Old 05-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Couple pics of our new sleeves (B17aTrbo)

Damn, this thread is getting really hot, really fast.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B17aTrbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Earl &gt; 93LSivic

Hey man...don't think you wanna go into battle with earl on this stuff...heh</TD></TR></TABLE>

people shouldnt think of this as trash talking or a battle of any sorts

if fuzion wants to claim they have the best sleeves and sleeving process then they should be able to back it up.

if anything, people should have learned by know that on h-t anyone can say they are the best and then end up beind total flops. there are multiple companies that say they came out with the next magical product then to have it never followed up by any dynos or any info.

Old 05-09-2004, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Couple pics of our new sleeves (PHiZ)

HAHAAHAHA !! nice post up there
Old 05-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lets see here, where do I start.
First off, Im not trying to battle Earl or anyone for that matter. I just dont like how he posted his Bensons block thread as being the best. If they were the best, then um I guess everyone out there would be using them and no need for ERL, GEM, AEBS, RS, and anyone else out there who offers this service. Just giving people an idea of what else is available, something that is new and I feel that its a great product and there are people running high hp numbers and fast times with them, which will be touched in a little bit.

"this is funny...
and you still havn't advertised this "amazing price" that includes "everything" from medical tape to bandaids for your rigged process of sleeving. &lt;3"

Umm, ok. First off, I try to follow H-T guidelines. This is in no way an advertisement, more like a public annoucement. Thats why there is no price. At this time we are not a sponsored retailer for HT.

"but I am strongly considering sending my block to earl."

By all means, please do. Im in no way saying anything negative about Bensons, again.

"so it is a block guard, then?!? so you install the above average block gaurd?!? ....get outta here......really?!"

I dont really get what your trying to say here. Obviously your pretty ignorant to this topic so please leave it alone.

--BobDC2
First off, I would like to thank you for putting us on your site as an available service.
I have personally gone through a couple shops myself for sleeving. I have had great success with all of them, but I think the quality that ERL offers is greater than those other I personally have dealt with. As far as machine shops everywhere, I havent studied up on them or toured any of their facilities. I have dealt with many people who have had horrible experinences with other sleeving companies (not naming any names here, or implying anything either). I am in no way claiming Im the pimp daddy of sleeving, nor did I say that these are the BEST available.
Off hand I know they have a couple sponsored cars. South Florida Performance has a lot to do with ERL as well. I know that the Franks 2600+lb SFWD car is using an ERL block. Im unsure of the boost he runs, but the car runs low 10's and its technically a street car. ERL also sponsors a couple other people, I will find out later who.
Earl, I will get back to your response.

Modified by 93LSivic at 8:00 PM 5/10/2004
Old 05-09-2004, 11:15 PM
Don't believe the rumors

mad h-t drama

Quick Reply: Couple pics of our new sleeves