Could be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: West Bakalakadaka St., Durka Durka Mohammed Gihad, WMDs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Or it could be something. Me and my friend was sitting around at work thinkin about some things. He's wanting to turbo his Tiburon and we we're wondering if it would make anymore hp to run say like a 40 shot of dry nos into the intake infront of the turbo and a wet shot of lets say 75 direct port. (Oh, BTW, he's thinking about not running much boost because an intercooler wouldn't fit behind his veilside kit.) Or would it be better to just run like 100 shot direct port. Would this not simulate an intercooler? I think that it would do the same thing at the turbo that it would at the piston. Anyways, any thoughts?
Old 04-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Could be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. (VogueSilverHX)

Swap a mistu 4g63 into it and be a man.

liam
Old 04-22-2004, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. (liam821)

I'll just go with the NX kit, make your intercooler freeze ! gOod stuff.. Safer then Nos injection too.. o_O
Old 04-22-2004, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. (synik)

No intercooler set up. And will the mitsu engine swap even work in a beta tiburon?
Old 04-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VogueSilverHX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No intercooler set up. And will the mitsu engine swap even work in a beta tiburon?</TD></TR></TABLE>

O yeah.. No possible way to FMIC at all? &gt;_&lt; Scarey to boost with no FMIC..... Maybe try the internal ones? (Im not familiar with those though) -=P

Worse comes to worse, even do a Mitsu DSM Intercooler.. And NX that sucka! -
Old 04-23-2004, 08:14 AM

hahah, i think the 2001 uscc in sport compact car was insane
tiburon wiht 2 turboed engines all wheel drive
ran 10's i think
if u wanna get real dumb
Old 04-23-2004, 12:15 PM

Don't run turbo without an intercooler, it's that simple.

If he's that much of a stunna that he can't run an intercooler behind his pimpin' body kit yo, then he shouldn't run a turbo.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:18 PM

Default Re: (kpt4321)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kpt4321 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't run turbo without an intercooler, it's that simple.

If he's that much of a stunna that he can't run an intercooler behind his pimpin' body kit yo, then he shouldn't run a turbo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What he said.

Also your friend sounds a little ricy.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There sure are a lot of factory turbo cars without intercoolers. All that trouble then not being able to turn up the boost would suck though.

Instead of sitting around and talking about nitrous, figure out a way to fit and IC on there. Nitrous is gay because it runs out. my turbo is always 'full'
Old 04-24-2004, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRX T-Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX T-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What he said.

Also your friend sounds a little ricy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, but, he's got 9 trophies for best of show. How many you got?
Old 04-24-2004, 12:36 PM

Default Re: (VogueSilverHX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VogueSilverHX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah, but, he's got 9 trophies for best of show. How many you got?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If I wanted to win a show, I would draw or paint a picture, or maybe make a sculpture (conveniently enough, I won awards for my art in high school).

A car is a mode of transportation. It is designed to move from one place to another. Make it do it's job better, rather than trying to make it something it is not.

Also, this is the forced induction forum. Don't **** around with show **** here. I don't care what he won. If he wants to race me for 100 dollars (or pink slips yO) then I'm down. You don't impress me by pulling up to me at a light and showing me a trophy.

Having a huge body kit and a nice paint job doesn't make a car any better to drive, unless you are some kind of egomaniac who needs people to look at them. On the other hand, the ability to push yourself back into your seat upon exiting that tight hairpin you took 3 times faster than everyone else IS fun.

I do believe you just got thoroughly owned.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:38 PM

LOL, that was 100% grade A ownage!
Old 04-24-2004, 02:00 PM

Default Re: (sporkcrx)

dah payn mang, dah pang
Old 04-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cdog19)

You'd think if your an art student then you would respect the art of fixing up a car. Yeah, let's see, would you rather have a car that you pretty much created by paint, graphics, body kit, etc. Or would you want to drive some P.O.S. that has different colored fenders, donuts for wheels and rust all the way through it. Not to add the interior that looks like it seconds as a ****** pig pen just because it goes a little faster than something else. I don't care how fast a car is if it doesn't look decent then it doesn't mean **** to me. Have fun pickin up girls in your clunker!

Owned
Old 04-26-2004, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kpt4321 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Also, this is the forced induction forum. Don't **** around with show **** here. I don't care what he won. If he wants to race me for 100 dollars (or pink slips yO) then I'm down. You don't impress me by pulling up to me at a light and showing me a trophy.

Having a huge body kit and a nice paint job doesn't make a car any better to drive, unless you are some kind of egomaniac who needs people to look at them. On the other hand, the ability to push yourself back into your seat upon exiting that tight hairpin you took 3 times faster than everyone else IS fun.

I do believe you just got thoroughly owned.</TD></TR></TABLE>

owned hard
Old 04-26-2004, 09:37 PM
the son and the heir

Default Re: (Mad Chemist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mad Chemist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

owned hard </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ownage at it's finest.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by VogueSilverHX
You'd think if your an art student then you would respect the art of fixing up a car. Yeah, let's see, would you rather have a car that you pretty much created by paint, graphics, body kit, etc. Or would you want to drive some P.O.S. that has different colored fenders, donuts for wheels and rust all the way through it. Not to add the interior that looks like it seconds as a ****** pig pen just because it goes a little faster than something else. I don't care how fast a car is if it doesn't look decent then it doesn't mean **** to me. Have fun pickin up girls in your clunker!

Owned
No, not at all. Let's count the reasons why:

1. I'm not an art major. I'm an artist by hobby, and an engineer by education and trade. As an engineer, making a mode of transportation, as well as a device designed to go fast, into a work of art doesn't make any sense. At all.

2. I like how you decided that since a car is fast, it also has to "be a rusted pos with different colored fenders and rust all the way through and a pig pen for an interior." Apparently you are too busy hanging out at McDonalds parking lots to go the the rack, because if you were actually there you would know that just because a car is fast doesn't mean it has to look like crap. Just because a car makes some real power does not mean it has to look like ****, and just because a car doesn't have a huge carbon fiber wing from Japan that doesn't generate any downforce doesn't mean it looks bad. That was a very good try to justify your car not being fast though, by pretending that in order to go fast requires that your car to look like crap. If you keep deluding yourself, it's apparent that you wil eventually believe it.

3. And, you brought out my absolute favorite arguement of all time; you said that I won't be able to pick up girls in my car because it's not a pimped out show car, yO. This is hysterically funny, and wrong, for so many reasons it makes me laugh. Let's make sub catagories for this one.

A. I don't particularily like to pick up skanks walking around on the streets, and I also would rather not date a girl who I picked up because my car was really bright. No, I'd rather date a girl who liked me for the person I was. Hey, that's just me though.

B. When you pick up said honies from the street corner, the following scenario happens: I pull up next to you at a light. First, I hit the stutterbox and trigger the antilag. My turbo spools in a fireball of fury, as I shoot two foot flames out my tailpipe that explode in an almost defening roar. That ought to get their attention. Then I lift off the throttle, and the boost I just created escapes from the BOV with a loud whoosh. That's just the beginning. At this point, you have two choices. Choice a is you refuse to race me, because you know that your car doesn't have the engineering, the time, or the power to keep up with mine. I'm sure that will impress those fly bitches, that you are too much of a sissy to street race; nothing like cruising but not racing, chicks loves guys that talk big and play small. Assuming that you don't sissy out, the second option is we race. Let's think about what happens then. The light goes green, and I'm on the stutterbox again. I slip the clutch, and the car takes off with all four wheels spinning. I'm sure that those girlies will be more impressed by my car stepping out sideways in front of you, then they will be by your one wheel, wheelhopping, pegleg of fury. Do you want me to continue, or can you picture what is going to happen in the next three gears?

C: Example three: Sportbikes. Everybody knows that chicks dig sportbikes. Think about that for a second though.. sportbikes don't have a single thing that your pimped-out ride yo has. They don't have comfy seats. They don't have neons. They don't have a big bumping stereo, and they do not have in-car video and entertainment. You can't play playstation on a bike.

On the other hand, think about what a bike does have: A bike has uncomfortable seats, fast cornering, and blistering acceleration. That's it. Apparently, since chicks dig bikes, they must dig at least once, and more likely all, of those things.

Tell me, which car has more in common with the sportbikes that we both know your hoochies love: a fast-*** sports car, or your flashy slow show car?

Everyone else knows the answer.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have to give it to ya. Nice write up. I felt like I was there when you gave the story about the turbo spoolin and me getting my *** whipped. I'm definately not one of those people who don't street race. I love to race !!! That's the main reason I bought an import. So I could beat ****** v-8's w/ a four cylinder and leaving them w/ them same situation you we're explaining to me. But, I have won some and lost some. Thankfully won more than lost. I just like a car that's well balanced in both power and looks. Yeah, speed is definately more fun than having body kit, rims, graphics but getting looks when your just crusing and still looking like your car will smoke anything on the street is definately a plus in my book. Granted there is nothing in this world as fun as opening a car up a a stop light racing w/ all kinda's traffic sitting around watching wondering if maybe there's a cop sitting somewhere in that cluster **** of cars. Hope you got and respect my point of view cause I can definately understand yours I just don't have the turbo yet. Till then later
Old 04-27-2004, 05:18 AM

kpt4321 I give ya

Old 04-27-2004, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRX T-Si)

jesus guys take it easy. let the guy do to his car whatever he wants show or go or both. rice or nice whatever. just be mature and simple about... recommend him to use the intercooler because it's a better choice... simple as that. you don't need to comment on the guy's use of his car. I'm not a show guy either and I wouldn't bother with it. but just let it go... sheesh
Old 04-27-2004, 07:08 AM

Default Re: (CivicRyda2k)

I did not say anything bad, but since I was being bashed
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VogueSilverHX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah, but, he's got 9 trophies for best of show. How many you got?</TD></TR></TABLE>

and kpt4321 was backing me up I had to give him .

But yes, I would recommend VogueSilverHX's friend to use an IC for street use.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:09 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

kpt, you always invest way too much effort into everything. lol

show cars suck. tell your friend to get a side mount intercooler, or a small intercooler to fit under his bumper, or air to water heat xchanger.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:12 AM

Default Re: (Muckman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muckman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">kpt, you always invest way too much effort into everything. lol
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tell me about it.

I was laughing the whole time I was writing that though, so it was fun.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol u guys are funny. just didnt' want to see anymore bashing of fellow h-t'ers... i love you guys ((hug))
Old 04-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VogueSilverHX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(Oh, BTW, he's thinking about not running much boost because an intercooler wouldn't fit behind his veilside kit.) </TD></TR></TABLE>

This alone says it all.

How 'bout this:

1) Throw in the "JDM" fake FMIC. It's small enough, it'll fit behind that huge Veilside front end. Or else the FRONT MOUNT INTAKE SYSTEM will work great too!

2) Weld a BOV onto his cold air intake.

3) Insert a CD of BOV sounds and turbo spool up sounds and play it super loud from his 10,000 gigawatt audio system.

4) Park it at the car shows and watch as people drool over his "Turbo" Tibby!

for carpet queens!

Quick Reply: Could be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.