Conversation I had with SSAC

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conversation I had with SSAC

Earl approved..

Here is an Email I sent to SSAC 2 months ago:

"SSAC's reputation is very very bad on Honda-tech.com for making bad products. are you guys doing anything fix your reputation? the price of your products are great. especially this turbo, but I am concered about what has been said about SSAC"

The reponse:

honda-tech has been against us since they bought into our competitors epoxy-glued turbo scam. It was a scam, that wasnt even our turbo, Prostreet the name on all the photos is a competitor and for some reason everyone on this board is like some kind of follower group. look at our feedback score. if this were true do you really think we would have 98% +

ME:

"But should'nt you do something to turn the reputation around? if you can prove that your turbos are reliable then thats an additional 70k people who will be buying your products."

SSAC:

All we can do is sell them, let people use them and see that they are good, which is what we do. We have coorporate accounts out that yang to be honest. if a few people on a few message boards want to dis - it aint hurtin us. Its what you choose to beleive that seperates you from a forum full of people who cannot think for themselves.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

true that, you can bash em all they want, they probly sell more turbo setups than anyone...jus cause your average honda guy just wants to go fast for cheap.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quik sol)

yes they're junk turbos. yes i run one. yes i like it.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:06 PM
my house has wheels on it

Default Re: (93CX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes they're junk turbos. yes i run one. yes i like it.</TD></TR></TABLE>same here
mine has even survived ingesting one of the a/c system harness plugs multiple times on a drive home one day.

when it spooled i thought man this turbo is being loud today....when i got home i checked it out and the plug was hanging in the inlet missing all the plastic up to the pins
Old 07-14-2006, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Conversation I had with SSAC (Boostage)

I wish he would have addressed his shitty attitude as far as when people would say they recieved the wrong or non-fitting parts & how he just says something along the line of "you mother is a dumb."

He sounds like a dick & he has a terrible attitude. I wouldn't buy his **** if it was $1.

"We have coorporate accounts out that yang to be honest." WTF does that mean?
Old 07-14-2006, 05:22 AM

I have a couple of friends with those turbo kits from them and they are putting up numbers , like I said its how you set everything up whether you spend 900 dollars or 20,000 dollars it all boils down to how you set the **** up , not just the turbo kit itself everything and you'll be alright .
Old 07-14-2006, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm thinking about buying one of their .50 a/r 57 trim t3t4's for like 280 bucks. if it fails oh well, if not then its a hell of a deal
Old 07-14-2006, 05:41 AM

Default Re: (AbitAvenger)

For being such a "reputable" company, his grammatical skills suck.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AbitAvenger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm thinking about buying one of their .50 a/r 57 trim t3t4's for like 280 bucks. if it fails oh well, if not then its a hell of a deal</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good or bad post your experience when u get it.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Boostage)

Wow, I'm interested to see where this goes for sure...
Old 07-14-2006, 07:40 AM

Default Re: (QuarterMileMaster)

i finally broke down and decided to try their 57 trim t3/t4 turbo also. i got it for cheap so i thought what the hell. i'll let everyone know of the performance and durability.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slowsol95)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good or bad post your experience when u get it.</TD></TR></TABLE>I will deffinently do that. It's not that I'm cheap and don't wanna spend money on a reputable turbo, I just wanna try it to see if they are as bad as everyone says, if it is, so be it, if not then hoorah <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowsol95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i finally broke down and decided to try their 57 trim t3/t4 turbo also. i got it for cheap so i thought what the hell. i'll let everyone know of the performance and durability.</TD></TR></TABLE>def post it up
Old 07-14-2006, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slowsol95)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The reponse:

honda-tech has been against us since they bought into our competitors epoxy-glued turbo scam. It was a scam, that wasnt even our turbo, Prostreet the name on all the photos is a competitor and for some reason everyone on this board is like some kind of follower group. look at our feedback score. if this were true do you really think we would have 98% +

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmm i wonder why all the photos would have a Prostreet watermark? maybe because like 50% of honda tech users put their pictures on we-todd to post them on h-t.

the feedback thing.. it is no suprise they have good feedback..they're product LOOKS very good. The average person isnt going to wait until the turbo kit/parts have been on for a month or whatever...i would be willing to bet that WAY over half of the people post feedback as soon as they recieve it before they even attempt to install it. Heck i would probably do it too if they shipped it to me fast and i was the average 17yr old, giddy about getting my new turbo.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wtf was with prostreet being a competitor they are just the **** from we-todd that gets put on everything
Old 07-14-2006, 08:39 AM

Default Re: (saywhat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saywhat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wtf was with prostreet being a competitor they are just the **** from we-todd that gets put on everything</TD></TR></TABLE>

It was a response from SAC, the guy is a moron. When talking to someone like him you need to bring your expectations down. I mean like wayyyy down.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dornon13)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dornon13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hmmm i wonder why all the photos would have a Prostreet watermark? maybe because like 50% of honda tech users put their pictures on we-todd to post them on h-t.

the feedback thing.. it is no suprise they have good feedback..they're product LOOKS very good. The average person isnt going to wait until the turbo kit/parts have been on for a month or whatever...i would be willing to bet that WAY over half of the people post feedback as soon as they recieve it before they even attempt to install it. Heck i would probably do it too if they shipped it to me fast and i was the average 17yr old, giddy about getting my new turbo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

very true, hehe.

everytime i buy something on ebay, i give the person feedback within a day or 2. sometimes without even trying out the product.

so, they're 98% would probably be 36% if all the users were to change their feedback rating.

and the prostreet logo on the picture thing. LOL whatta retard.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thier jerks i called to see where my wastegate spring was , ordered 4 days ago and the guy was a total jerk to me and told me he couldn't find my order and he'd have to call me back
Old 07-14-2006, 08:41 AM
12 Years Strong

Default Re: (saywhat)

I will listen to the 90% of people that say their products are crap, and stay away from them.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nerdsports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nerdsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and the prostreet logo on the picture thing. LOL whatta retard.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Everyone saying the logo is we-todd- and yada yada, Prostreetonline owns we-todd and they sell bootleg stuff on ebay, including turbos. they are a big competitors of SSAC just like teh SSAC rep stated.

http://www.prostreetonline.com/store/turbos/

People get your facts straight before you call others retards.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Everyone saying the logo is we-todd- and yada yada, Prostreetonline owns we-todd and they sell bootleg stuff on ebay, including turbos. they are a big competitors of SSAC just like teh SSAC rep stated.

People get your facts straight before you call others retards.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i thought master power was a reputable brand, unlike xspower
Old 07-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Everyone saying the logo is we-todd- and yada yada, Prostreetonline owns we-todd and they sell bootleg stuff on ebay, including turbos. they are a big competitors of SSAC just like teh SSAC rep stated.

People get your facts straight before you call others retards.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so you're talking about Master Power. Right??
I did not realize that ProStreet sold on ebay as well.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:54 AM

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by igo4bmx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i thought master power was a reputable brand, unlike xspower</TD></TR></TABLE>

masterpower is a VERY reputable brand. i got a few cars running them. Real ones made in brazil a company with iso 9000 certification and 1 year warranty
Old 07-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Everyone saying the logo is we-todd- and yada yada, Prostreetonline owns we-todd and they sell bootleg stuff on ebay, including turbos. they are a big competitors of SSAC just like teh SSAC rep stated.

all I am saying is, I would still post up my free hosted pictures even if it said ssautochrome down in the corner, just because our pictures say prostreet doesn't mean we buy prostreet. I guarantee 70%+ of honda-tech.com doesn't even know they do anything other than get their logo put on we-todd pics.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Conversation I had with SSAC (Boostage)

BS: Prostreet is the auto label that gets put onto photos hosted on the We-Todd servers. Its the sponsor deal they have to provide us with free image hosting. We-Todd is run by Asspenny from the ITR forums and the We-Todd east coast guys.

SSAC is a company that just provides the market with what it wants... quality be damned.

On the side though... I run their XSpower FMICs.... and they work great for the price. And when my first fmic came damaged, they warrantied it out (not the fastest, but they did).
Old 07-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ssac is the premier example of the age old adage "you get what you pay for"

if anyone is surprised when their $200 ssac turbo goes bad its no ones fault but their own....

Quick Reply: Conversation I had with SSAC