Notices

Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing?

Sure, we can build our cars to outhandle many other makes and models on an autocross course, build them to keep up with V8s, or even make them into a comfortable daily driver that can pwn hardcore on the street.

My question is, what's lacking? What else do we want out of our cars? Why do we shift to other makes when we start making more money in our careers? This is something that I've started thinking about quite a bit. Is it comfort? Safety (in older models)? Or is it simply the fact that we need to build up our cars, rather than just buy a higher priced car that is faster out of the box?

What else do we want out of our cars that Honda can't deliver with their current build techniques and philosophies? Where the expletive are my cup holders in my DA? And why can't I say expletive without it being censored?

I can tell you this. I will at least own one Honda/Acura for the rest of my life.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing? (^^whatnoobsearchthenGTFO)

******* RWD
Old 08-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing? (Muckman)

perfect responce
Old 08-02-2006, 08:20 PM
E-thug

Default Re: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing? (aallbbeerrtttttt)

howbout ******* AWD?
Old 08-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing? (boostismycrack)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostismycrack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">howbout ******* AWD?</TD></TR></TABLE>

AWD is for people that cant drive
Old 08-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing? (Muckman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muckman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">******* RWD</TD></TR></TABLE>
Honda already has that.

But where the **** is my torque at.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm 35 years old. I bought my ITR as a 29th bday gift to myself...when I was starting to make some decent money. I've owned mostly v8's, trucks, etc..

Once I started driving 57 miles each way to work, I realized how impractical v8 rwd cars can be.....enter my first honda...

I don't think there's anything that my ITR lacks, to me it's a perfect car.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its status. just a giant "look at my dick" contest
Old 08-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muckman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">******* RWD</TD></TR></TABLE>

word. gotta state the obvious one first! i can't wait until my bro gets a z06 vette. on the other hand, i can't wait to blow his doors off with a four cylinder.

truth.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing? (^^whatnoobsearchthenGTFO)

I &lt;3 my 5th gen prelude.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:12 PM
E-thug

Default Re: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing? (96 GSR-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96 GSR-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

AWD is for people that cant drive</TD></TR></TABLE>haha. like i said ******* AWD!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing? (boostismycrack)

my honda is missing places that i can drive w/o worrying about theft. damn hondas.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing? (96 GSR-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostismycrack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">howbout ******* AWD?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96 GSR-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

AWD is for people that cant drive</TD></TR></TABLE>

How do you figure?
Old 08-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing? (triple_s1x)

I would just like to not have to deal with the crap, so to speak, associated with owning a Honda/Acura that has work done.

Drive by the cops, almost guaranteed to get pulled over. Why?

Guilty by association. All the people doing ricer flyby's, the street racing, the theft, all of that ruins it for people who are in the scene and don't act like a jackass all the time, but still get **** for it.

Oh yea, and getting revved at by every 17 year old in an srt-4/evo/wrx/other honda.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing? (SovXietday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Honda already has that.

But where the **** is my torque at. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Honda left TQ behind as soon as they revved past 5252
Old 08-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing? (a1320addict)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by a1320addict &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would just like to not have to deal with the crap, so to speak, associated with owning a Honda/Acura that has work done.

Drive by the cops, almost guaranteed to get pulled over. Why?

Guilty by association. All the people doing ricer flyby's, the street racing, the theft, all of that ruins it for people who are in the scene and don't act like a jackass all the time, but still get **** for it.

Oh yea, and getting revved at by every 17 year old in an srt-4/evo/wrx/other honda. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I agree, I've been pulled over too many times for bullshit reasons. Yet to recieve a ticket though, just harrassed and late for work.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMs1eeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honda left TQ behind as soon as they revved past 5252 </TD></TR></TABLE>
Haha, Honda left torque behind when they made fuel economy based 1.6L cars.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:21 PM
94ex-vtec

How do you figure AWD is for people that cant drive? Have you ever rode in a 400+ hp Evo or other 400+ hp AWD car like i have? the ONLY way to catch traction like that is to have slicks, which is NOT practical for a daily driven street car. As far as to the topic of the thread i would have to agree with the above stating that it is about showing what you have to some extent. its also about owning the car you have always wanted to own and just never had the money. I will own a more expensive car such as an Evo when i get out of pharmcay school, but there will always be a boosted Honda in my garage that will walk all over 95% of the cars on the street, besides nothing can beat that priceless expression on V8 guys' faces when they get beat by a 1.6L Honda civic.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94ex-vtec)

i have a 500+whp civic which is fun to drive around and blow the tires off constantly, but then again, it doesn't have AC, its loud as **** and you can't really hold a conversation in it.

fast forward to my daily driver of a G35c and I have RWD, I barely know its running as I drive it, it rides smooth, has AC, PS and turns more heads then my honda does.

Honda/acura is a great car and I love them, but for everyday living its nice to jump into a car where i don't really worry where i park it, i'm not afraid of someone breaking into it and I never really worry about general maintanence on it. I think its just due to how much time i have invested into my hatch, vs the G35c is just a DD.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Understatement is missing and the bling bling factor when you drive on the street, i see that when i drive my Mercedes, chicks love it

A 500whp honda ist to fast for the *****´s
Old 08-03-2006, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing? (vti2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my honda is missing places that i can drive w/o worrying about theft. damn hondas.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This guy had it perfect!!

I can't even leave it ay my house when I'm not there, people have tried to steal it.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:35 AM
Mr. Badwrench

my turbo honda is missing 2 cylinders,
i cut my turbo teeth on an 87 regal t type. and an automatic that can handle some damn abuse. i want a honda that can leave on a trans brake!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing? (boostedcivicsir)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMs1eeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Honda left TQ behind as soon as they revved past 5252 </TD></TR></TABLE>

very true
Old 08-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96 GSR-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">AWD is for people that cant drive</TD></TR></TABLE>

Always Win From a Dig .

&lt; for you.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honesly no matter how much power your making a turbo honda will always be missing a few very important things

1. your cant drive or park it anywhere without the fear of it geting stolen

2. traction.... theres just no god damn traction which is why fwd sucks. i also hate how a high hp rwd car feels. i hate the way it fishtails. thats why i vote for awd

someday i plan to have a 400-600whp dd evo

Old 08-05-2006, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing? (riceball777)

My honda is missing a stereo and rear speakers, since some ***** decided they needed them more than me not long ago. That along with leather.

Besides that, I couldn't be happier - since I honestly hate driving cars over 2500lbs. Tanks are for wars, not the street. Anyways it has nice boosted power ...with AC, *had* a nice sound system, handles great, gets great milage, and is cheap to insure. If you ever ride in a Honda with a nicely moddified suspension, it really opens your eyes. I recently went to drive my last honda (only springs on a cx), was night and day to my current. Its like the difference between a big lazy chick vs an aerobic instructor in bed.

Drive a stock Lancer and then the Evo, you'll understand how a stock Honda suspension can be improved.

Quick Reply: Compared to other cars, what is your turbo Honda/Acura missing?