Notices

clearance questoin

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clearance questoin

ok I got a 91 crx si with a z6 obd 1 mini me, I got a t3 turbo I am planning on using in a DIY turbo kit.....I was plannin on usin an HF exhaust mani that I can get from my buddy.....with this setup will I be able to use my stock radiator since I love havin such a huge radiator in my little car but will I have to switch to a half rad??? also instead of doin that I would rather get a different mani that would allow me to use my stock radiator would you guys recommend one for me?

also I have looked all over and I notice no one runs water to their turbo's is it really that difficult and not worth it or is it worth it and where would you tap into? for the inlet I was just thinkin about puttin a T in the upper radiator hose and for the outlet do the same to the lower radiator hose does that sound reasonable? thanx
Casey
Old 05-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clearance questoin (gnar kill)

bump
Old 05-23-2005, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The T3 will usually be fine with a stock radiator, but it really depends solely on how the manifold positions the turbo (angles and piping) ... you could always test fit your buddies, and if that doesnt fit go with another one. I am fairly sure a rev hard or drag manifold (possibly any cast iron, log type will most likely do the trick, these are the most reliable too) I have a rev hard on a 95 gsr turbo, with AC and stock Radiator. (although they give really really really really bad customer service, so use someone else if you can IMO)

Also, about the water---- if you already have your turbo, you will just have to do what that was set up for, My kit doesnt use the water, so I didnt have to hook it up. I was kinda worried about reliability at first, but if you have a well built turbo, good oil and efficient engine (ie "honda sewing machine") it will be little worry. If you notice, mostly older turbo cars have coolant, Eclipses, Starions, i think it even carried into the new EVOs (I should know I have one lol) I am unsure how to hook it up, so i would talk to someone before you start putting in Ts.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clearance questoin (TurboIntegraGSR)

thanx man.....I was thinkin about doin a DIY manifold from a crx hf.....I guess I should pop the extra few bucks for a log style it would be worth it huh......yeah the turbo I got is a t3 from an older volvo it has a blown seal so I am going to replace that with the kit from turbocity.......I am really new to turbos but I have been readin a lot lately so I think I can piece together a pretty cheap quality kit
Old 05-23-2005, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you have the time to park the car and try the oem manifold out, you can always give it a shot. People have made it work before...

.... either way, have fun with it, its a fun experience over all, but it can really test you when you hit some bumps in the road. Feel free to email me any questions... redvtec27@aol.com . I had alot of good people give me really good advice when i was building up my car. (5 yrs ago) its still running sweet, and it was my first turbo project as well.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alrighty man thanx sounds good... it is nice to have someone actually help you on this website without bitin your head off once in a while
Old 05-24-2005, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i got the airesearch t3 turbo if you need it! PM me!