Notices

Civinco Engineering supercharger...repost?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civinco Engineering supercharger...repost?

I don't know if this is a repost, did a search with no results.

These guys are in Sweden...

http://www.civinco.com/

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Civinco is developing a new line of Honda Superchager kits. First out is the B16/B18 engine.

The new kit is based on a new design engine intake with short runners and large plenum with a liquid intercooler integrated in the intake casting. This brand new design is both compact and ultra high efficient. The Supercharger mounts on top of the intake and is sized 280 Hp. We arenīt using the smaller 230 Hp size anymore (guess why...)

The intake can be machined for single (stock or aftermarket) or dual fuel injectors. Itīs your choice.

The intake will be further developed for use with Turbo kits.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honda CRX 1988 D16A6/Z6

Donīt throw away your old CRX engine. It can be a big power producer. This is how:

The car uses our twinscrew supercharger installation. The engine internals upgraded Wiseco low compression forged pistons and Eagle forged rods. The compression ratio is lowered from stock 9.5 to 8.45. The head gasket is a hybrid with the lower part being a stock A6 gasket seated on rings in the block, the upper part of the gasket is half of a Cometic MLS. The cylinder head is from the D16Z6 Vtec engine and is not ported.The Supercharger is geared to give 22 psi at 6500rpm. The engine fuel and ignition is controlled by a Honda P28 ECU (From the Z6 engine) and the Civinco BoostCommander. The car is equipped with 410cc large fuel injectors mounted on a custom highflow rail. The exhaust system is the Supersprint header and a 2 1/4" collector with a 2 1/2" back system with highflow Cat.. Power is 250+ BHp (stock is 107BHp).

The engine shows better than stock emissions values and fuelconsumtion is stock (when driving like stock..).

The car uses Jamex springs and stock shocks. The seats are Sparco folding racing seats, the wheels 17x7 Seneka RG with 205/40 rubber. For Racing 15" front wheels with Yokohama R-tyres. Inside there is a Formula steering wheel and alu shiftknob. The stereo is a Pioneer unit with MDS speakers/tweeter and a GAS subwoofer.

This car really flies, and has the looks as well.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

22 psi and only "250+ HP"? That's pretty crappy... I made 234 WHP on 12 psi without the VTEC head. I don't think this version of their supercharger had an intercooler though...but still.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Civinco Mega-Boost project :

For those who are brave and want the utmost of torque and Hp but with stock drivability, we are developing a kit with two-stage forced induction with dual intercoolers, both air and liquid. In short a very big turbo feeds through an air intercooler to the supercharger. This way the big turbo spools up reasonably quick, and the boost is then doubled in the supercharger. We expect around 45 psi of boost, so this requires that your engine is very strong...</TD></TR></TABLE>

And they also have this "Boost Commander" thingy-ma-bob...

And a twin turbo Miata...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mazda Miata MX-5 Twin Turbo

This popular roadster has a one-off built twin turbo system (Volvo S80 turbochargers). The Engine has stock internals but a heavy duty clutch is used. The turbos boost 10 psi from 2800 rpmīs with almost no spoolup-time. The engine is controlled using the Civinco BoostCommander and puts out around 200 Hp which makes this MX-5 a very quick car!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 11-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Civinco Engineering supercharger...repost? (SasquatchMS)

Very nice, I dont think that this is a re-post. Any idea on cost or estimated power improvements? Looks nice

Rob
Old 11-30-2003, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Civinco Engineering supercharger...repost? (rjardy)

ttt
Old 11-30-2003, 08:56 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

its a repost but from a long long time ago so its
Old 11-30-2003, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (falconGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by falconGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its a repost but from a long long time ago so its </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hehe, ok good, I'm in the clear!
Old 11-30-2003, 11:49 AM

Default Re: (SasquatchMS)

i have a JRSC, and i think the swedish design is much better, intercooler incorporated into the intake manifold (****** awesome), and the blower on top, (even better). the only thing i see that could possibly be a problem, there is no cooling flanges on the blower itself, wouldn't it need to dissipate the heat off the blower somehow ??

overall response = I'd buy it.

how much, and is it still available ?
Old 11-30-2003, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Intercooled JRSC)

I have no idea...I posted their site though.