Notices

Christian Rado's World Motorsports New TBC-1(Total Boost Controller)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (itr206)

true about the honda guys really not needing this unit but this thread is just to get the product out and to let everyone know that it is ready to be shipped out to anyone that would buy one. just for marketing pretty much right now, right itr206 we talked about this before?
Old 04-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (TyCooley)

NO i saw this and talked to Chris about this before you were even around. He needed a car with a distributor to try it out on and I was talking to him about it, but we never came to an agreement becuase i wasnt confortable with him messing with the tune in my car at the time. So it never happened.

Modified by itr206 at 4:22 PM 4/5/2005
Old 04-05-2005, 10:10 AM

Default Re: (itr206)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My input becuase i have seen it first hand like a year or 2 ago.
It is a VERY nice unit. Lots of cool do dads and such

But IMHO $1100 is a steep price tag for an EBC. I can see maybe the Big Dollar Supra Guys running it for the bling factor and ease of control of boost in the 30-40psi range. But I dont see the need for one for Honda guys. They dont run that much boost to make it worth it and dont need to spend $1100 on the bling considering the EBC cost more then most's turbos themselves. the gear based control is nice though.

I just think they put too much into it to make a high dollar unit that they will prob only sell like 7 of. </TD></TR></TABLE>

He's gotta make up for that $20,000 cell phone somehow or another

Nice EBC, But yah, I am sure a Profec B2 will do that job just as good if not better for honda guys..
Old 04-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Finest)

Everyone ever hear of Targeted marketing? Apparently Chris hasnt. Becuase he is making a product for Wealthy people like himself to buy, rather then everyday Joe's like us.
I dont see the sales going far with this unless it drops almost 1/2 in price. Maybe like $600-700 range would be somewhat suiting then its not too far from the AVCR. But at that price i dont think anyone but Supra owners will be buying them and even some of them are cheap asses too

Im sorry to say, but its the truth. Same thing about the **** that he tries to sell in his shop. The area that its in is all poor people with bootleg cars.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: (Don Ho)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Don Ho &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You got that right! How much is the AEM plug and play, around $5-6k, add in time for tunning, Dyno rates, the box, and all the equipment that does not come with the EMS. Now the cost of an EBC is worth the $1199.00 you spend, it is all there nothing to buy and in the future you can upgrade the ability the unit has with out replacing the unit!</TD></TR></TABLE>

5-6K, ROFL. I bought my AEM for 1800 including the wideband, 30 bucks for GM boost control solenoid, 120 for a 5-bar map, and we're at a whopping 2050 dollars. I'm going ritzy, running a 7" touch screen LCD and a permanently mounted computer that I'm using to tune/datalog/music/videos, etc, instead of just a laptop, that's costing me around 1300 dollars. But I could go buy a laptop that will run it fine for 500. So for me a little over 3 grand to have every single feature that boost controller does, control the engine, and listen to music and videos.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Christian Rado's World Motorsports New TBC-1(Total Boost Controller) (TyCooley)

msrp is $1200
Old 04-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (STHPERFORMANCE)

yeah i was around when he first started prototyping this thing and had it in his supra and it looked hot but then again its a supra so there u have it, but does anyone know what rado is doing right now, working on the tc in texas or is he in reading?
Old 04-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rota92)

I dunno like I said, I just cant justify spending the money on that thing for the price. And i spend money thats for sure. I just dont think its gonna be a big hit with the Honda community. Maybe Im wrong, but what has everyones resposne been to this thread?Take that for thought.

This is the guy selling Y2K turbos and RPS manifolds and 20inch HRE's in Reading and wonders why he didnt make any business. Its about selling things people want and can afford.He might sell a few, but it deff wont make it worth all the time and money and shop time put into it at the track and at his dads shop to produce them.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: (pumafeet10)

not in Reading i dont' think. that unit is amazing
Old 04-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow....a EBC that costs more than some peoples whole setup, haha
Old 04-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (O3DigitalBath)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by O3DigitalBath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow....a EBC that costs more than some peoples whole setup, haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

including the cost of the car.. hehe
Old 04-05-2005, 06:03 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rota92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">While you are entitled to your opinion watch what you say. Look at your times and #'s. People kill to have setups such as those we are not the average Joe's. Why is it when you go to the track there are so many 14-16 second hondas? Because they are the average joe's. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would have never thought comments like these would come from someone with a 13.9 second civic.

If I had to guess, 3 supra owners, rota92, and 3 kids at the next Hot Import Nights will buy these. After that, you'll forget all about them.

Nothing in life is above being honest.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If it logged extra external parameters (knock, WBO2) and was able to interface with a computer, I would be interested. As it is, it's a bit too limited for what I need with one of my cars.

Tim
Old 04-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (timg)

For that much it better be able to make me a sandwich.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:46 PM
B*A*N*N*E*D

Default Re: (dustin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dustin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For that much it better be able to make me a sandwich.</TD></TR></TABLE>

or at least pay you for some advertising

looks like a very nice unit though. ttt
Old 04-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PhoenixTurbo.com)

Yeah it looks neat. But it better for that much hehe. If it were ~$100 more than an AVC-R it might be worth it.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:09 PM

Hello all,

let me see if I can clear up some things on the TBC. I work for Christians shop, I've been around the sport since it started and have built many cars to my credit. Yes the unit is pricey, it's high end. But I've spent alot of time on the final design of the unit and it is engineered for everything from a 200 hp turbo civic to a 1000 hp supra and everything in between. One of our R+D vehicles is actualy a turbo'd prelude. Gear mode with the ramping works awsome to keep the power down until the fwd cars have traction. So the unit works VERY well with Honda's. That said, again yeah its pricey, but look at the components we use. The are top of the line, from eletronics inside the box to the transducer. Greddy and apex do use cheap sensors that fail eventualy. You have to know that half of our product is visual, so it was marketed for high end show/street/race cars. Yes the AEM can do the same things once it is set up, the tbc can be set up rather easy compared to the aem. We use them both in conjution with each other. The unit is upgradable as well. Its cool and different, there is nothing like it around. It works as well as it looks...and it gets alot of looks at the street races. Bash the price and Christian all you want...but for what we have manufactured its pretty damn cool.

Eric
Old 04-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EMPlebani)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EMPlebani &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and it gets alot of looks at the street races.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe I will get one then
Old 04-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dustin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dustin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe I will get one then</TD></TR></TABLE>

Me too, thats what its all about right? looks?
Old 04-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stizzit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stizzit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Me too, thats what its all about right? looks?</TD></TR></TABLE>

we are totally on the same page y0 all the peeps at the races are gonna be mad impressed
Old 04-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EMPlebani)

its not on rado's cousin robs lude is it he was planning on turboing that thing when i was at psu berks and didn't think that would happen but i know thats someone that wanted to and is close to chris?
Old 04-05-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: (pumafeet10)

It's a nice product, but it has to be in a price range where it could even be considered.

what it does @ price
----------------------------------------- = Your nice product, and thier sold product.
what's already available @ price

It is nice nonetheless.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my sbc-id and power meter, might not bling as good, but i think it works just as good, without the big price tag
Old 04-06-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Christian Rado's World Motorsports New TBC-1(Total Boost Controller) (dustin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dustin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">msrp is $1200</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats it? im gonna get one for my all-motor car too
Old 04-06-2005, 07:34 AM

That's not a problem. Do whatcha like.

Quick Reply: Christian Rado's World Motorsports New TBC-1(Total Boost Controller)