Notices

Christian Rado's World Motorsports New TBC-1(Total Boost Controller)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christian Rado's World Motorsports New TBC-1(Total Boost Controller)

All Questions Can Be Directed To Ben Shannon(Contact Below)

WORLD electronics is proud to introduce the TBC-1 Total Boost Controller. WORLD electronics has been producing high end electronics for 20 plus years. WORLD electronics has devoted a tremendous amount of time and effort to the engineering, development and production of the highest quality electronics in the world. Our facilities are state of the art and our equipment and services lead the industry and set the standards. This has given WORLD electronics the ability to offer this state of the art product and unparalleled service to the automotive industry.

T B C - 1

WORLD electronics Total Boost Control (TBC-1)

The new TBC-1 from WORLD electronics proportionally controls turbocharged boost up to 60 psi with an accuracy of 1/10 psi. The state of the art controller is operated via a color touch-screen LCD. Boost is displayed via a choice of real-time analog or digital gauge screens. In addition, the controller has a built in turbo timer and contains a data recorder. The recorder is capable of saving and plotting three 20-second intervals of boost, rpm, and throttle data. Finally, World electronics has added an aerospace quality pressure transducer and solenoid valve along with all the necessary hardware.

For more information, E-mail me at bshannon@world-electronics.com, or call us at 800-745-8511.

Specs

· The Total Boost Controller (TBC-1) will proportionally control boost up to 60 psi.
· Three Boost control modes exist, with up to 16 boost settings available:
1. Single boost - allows the user to select 3 Boost settings LOW, MED, HIGH with ramping, duty, and gain functions.
2. Boost Over Gear - allows the user to preset the max boost limits according to the gear, and also allows controlled ramping, duty, and gain.
3. Scramble input for user selectable boost limit and time when push-button is pressed.

Above: TBC-1 Solenoid
· High tech fast acting solenoid valve
· The solenoid can be connected to the engine via 1/8" NPT ports or the 1/8" NPT to 1/8" hose barb adapters provided
· The solenoid valve and the pressure transducer are heavy-duty aerospace quality and withstand pressure spikes up to 100 psi
· Internal turbo timer that allows the user to preset desired cool-down time
· Housed in a 6" x 1.75" x 1.5" plastic enclosure with a 4" x 1" 16-color LCD
· Enclosure is above dash, under dash, and in dash mountable

Above: TBC-1 Solenoid

· Pressure transducer capable of reading 0-60 psi measured to 1/10th psi accuracy
· Pressure transducer with full internal temperature compensation plus RFI and EMF protection
· Data recorder capable of data recording Boost, RPM, and Throttle position for 20 seconds
· Up to three data recorded 20-second time blocks can be saved for future comparison
· For each recorded time block, the Boost, RPM, and Throttle position data can be graphed separately
· The LCD contrast and brightness is automatically adjusted according to light levels and user preference
· All user interaction with the TBC -1 is done via a high resolution touch screen
· Digital and Analog data screens are available for raw data viewing or trouble shooting
· Valet mode allows user to lock out use of the controller via a user-specified password
· Units are software upgradeable

CONTACTS:
Ben Shannon

WORLD Racing

(610) 939-9895 fax

http://www.world-racing.com

bshannon@world-electronics.com

Modified by TyCooley at 3:15 AM 4/5/2005

Modified by TyCooley at 3:16 AM 4/5/2005

Modified by TyCooley at 3:19 AM 4/5/2005

Modified by TyCooley at 6:24 PM 4/5/2005
Old 04-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Christian Rado's World Motorsports New TBC-1(Total Boost Controller) (TyCooley)

that **** look hot How much is it going to cost?
Old 04-04-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Christian Rado's World Motorsports New TBC-1(Total Boost Controller) (2000civicsi)

**** looks badass, what is the price? I hope it don't cost an arm or a leg lol
Old 04-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Christian Rado's World Motorsports New TBC-1(Total Boost Controller) (oxSLEEPERxo)

I've been watching this one for over a year now, according to the world site it is $1,1xx.

I could have sworn Chris said somewhere in a artical it was going to be around $700.

But who knows
Old 04-04-2005, 06:47 PM

1080.95 on their site
Old 04-04-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: (KingElli)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KingElli &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1080.95 on their site</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 04-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KingElli)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KingElli &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1080.95 on their site</TD></TR></TABLE>

So I'm guessing using a $1k EBC on a $150 turbo would be kinda ironic, don't you think?
I'll stick to my $45 MBC.

Modified by Finest at 8:16 PM 4/4/2005
Old 04-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (R0ck*)

heheh I hope that is MSRP.....

I would like to try one out. It would be nice to see an instruction manual for it to see how its set-up feature wise, and how in compairs to the Innovative MSBC.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: (TrueNorthStar)

That's 2/3's the price of an AEM EMS. The AEM EMS does everything that thing does, but as a little side bonus it controls your motor too
Old 04-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turboEGhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboEGhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's 2/3's the price of an AEM EMS. The AEM EMS does everything that thing does, but as a little side bonus it controls your motor too </TD></TR></TABLE>

So true, but I'm sure the boost control on the TBC is a little more indepth than what AEM has to offer. How much do you think the sensor and solinoid would cost alone?

I think being able to interface with your boost controller with out a laptop is nice too.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrueNorthStar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So true, but I'm sure the boost control on the TBC is a little more indepth than what AEM has to offer. How much do you think the sensor and solinoid would cost alone?

I think being able to interface with your boost controller with out a laptop is nice too.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can use a GM boost soleniod for $25 or you can use the apexi for $100. the cost of the AEM EMS plus the soleniod is still cheaper
Old 04-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2000civicsi)

Just man up and put a stiffer spring in. Looks rad! I like the display.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bling bling man..
Old 04-05-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Re: (raceACCORDingly)

If any of you guys have any questions about the TBC-1 diret you questions to world-motorsports (800-745-8511) or email Ben Shannon at bshannon@world-electronics.com
Old 04-05-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Christian Rado's World Motorsports New TBC-1(Total Boost Controller) (TyCooley)

Sickest boost controller i've ever seen , but i dont know about spending 1k on a ebc
Old 04-05-2005, 05:53 AM

You got that right! How much is the AEM plug and play, around $5-6k, add in time for tunning, Dyno rates, the box, and all the equipment that does not come with the EMS. Now the cost of an EBC is worth the $1199.00 you spend, it is all there nothing to buy and in the future you can upgrade the ability the unit has with out replacing the unit!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Re: (2000civicsi)

Have you tried using the GM? I have and the units are not the same!
Old 04-05-2005, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SanSoo1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SanSoo1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You got that right! How much is the AEM plug and play, around $5-6k, </TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHHAAHAHAHA

That has to be the funniest **** I read all day. Think you been watching to much F&F
Old 04-05-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Re: (underpressure02)

how much is a lab top, ems (not used), I think a kid driving a civic would say that not a true sports car with real power! I would love to see what you have built or what you drive. Do you even know what all is involved with an EMS?
Old 04-05-2005, 06:54 AM

really nice... but did you ever saw all the other EMS that control all your engine and the boost at the same time for almost the same price ?

you should have done more research before realeasing your product...

Old 04-05-2005, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SanSoo1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SanSoo1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how much is a lab top, ems (not used), I think a kid driving a civic would say that not a true sports car with real power! I would love to see what you have built or what you drive. Do you even know what all is involved with an EMS?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Um being that I have owned two AEM EMS one of the first 30 that was made for the 92-95 civics I would say I know what is involved with the EMS.

As far as what I have built and own.

15 years old built and swapped 1982 s-10 with a 350/400hp v8 turbo 350 tranny, 3.73 gears and so on.

17 years old built 1987 fiero with a 3.8 liter supercharged motor out of a Bonneville made custom motor mount for the motor to sit lower in the sub frame, remade alternator bracket so it would also sit lower and clear the trunk/hood. Made the entire wiring harness from scratch, burnt my own chips for it and tuned the car.

Built two turbo civics b/c they are easy and cheap as **** to do.

And before all of that little bs I have been restoring old cars. 1912 ford model t, 57,61,68 vette, 1947 mg td, and the list goes on and on. All of those were frame up restorations if you even know what that means.

As far as cars I owned and have owned
s-10
fiero
civic
gti vr6
s4
mitia
Suzuki samurai
jag xj6
audi 90
etc.

If you want to see pics of all this **** I can surely provide them.

So what have you built and drive? Don't talk **** b/c you really have no clue wtf you are talking about.

And to answer your question you can buy a cheap used laptop for a few hundred bucks all day long online. It is not like you need a new state of the art laptop to control tune the aem ems.

Done thread jacking
Old 04-05-2005, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slow poke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slow poke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I think I drive a few nicer cars than yourself and proly know allot more about engine management than you do as well. One thing I don’t understand is why you need a dog to tune you EMS? LOL

underpressure02&gt; dont let him turn this into a 5 grade pissing contest </TD></TR></TABLE>

Im done if he has anything else to say he can pm me.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:18 AM

Default Re: (underpressure02)

that's what you get from trial users
Old 04-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Don Ho)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Don Ho &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much is the AEM plug and play, around $5-6k</TD></TR></TABLE>

Does it include the car?

You're talking about buying a personal lap top and other accessories like wideband to tune for yourself. But the advantage of the AEM is that there are "dealers" that are more than capable of tuning it for you, which saves you time and money. That's the appeal of these stand alones. Same goes for Hondata, etc etc.

I'm thinking the only guys to take advantage of this EBC are guys that are capable of running 60psi. It might be overkill for street cars, especially us Honda guys. But I bet those MKIV Supra guys will already have these in their cars.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Finest)

My input becuase i have seen it first hand like a year or 2 ago.
It is a VERY nice unit. Lots of cool do dads and such

But IMHO $1100 is a steep price tag for an EBC. I can see maybe the Big Dollar Supra Guys running it for the bling factor and ease of control of boost in the 30-40psi range. But I dont see the need for one for Honda guys. They dont run that much boost to make it worth it and dont need to spend $1100 on the bling considering the EBC cost more then most's turbos themselves. the gear based control is nice though.

I just think they put too much into it to make a high dollar unit that they will prob only sell like 7 of.

Quick Reply: Christian Rado's World Motorsports New TBC-1(Total Boost Controller)