Notices

Chris Rado's Time Attack tC w/ the Borg Warner S200

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bullseye Power S200 Turbo in Action

Hello All,

Here is a great video of Chris Rado's Time Attack tC running the Borg Warner S200 Turbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mIK7DYz5Vw

Enjoy!

Jesse
Old 11-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bullseye Power S200 Turbo in Action (turbo-kits-com)

cool vid, doesnt look to comfortable behind the wheel of that thing tho
Old 11-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Goes to show you can make a road course car with a turbo...
Old 11-16-2006, 02:37 PM

Looks Fast!
Old 11-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TGrant)

s2000 pawn it at the first corner lol
Old 11-16-2006, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha aold vid...i saw that this past summer in chris trailer one day at nopi shootin the **** w/ him...coolest guy eva!
Old 11-16-2006, 03:14 PM

Default Re: (StolenTeg)

cool vid.. looks fun
Old 11-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GrinderGuy)

fast pick up love it
Old 11-16-2006, 08:13 PM
something different

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quite a cool vid. car looks FAST
Old 11-17-2006, 07:21 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

I was talking with Chris at SEMA over the last week about the turbo he was using and how well he liked it. He had the Time Attack car present at SEMA.

Not sure if he wanted his specs revealed, but it is one of a nice broad powerband in the S200 series of Switzer/BW. The next project is one that the BW guys themselves are helping with on his drag car to replace his current Large Frame Garrett that he got sick of.

It's nice to finally see this car on a vid, I'll say at least that much..
Old 11-17-2006, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Bullseye Power S200 Turbo in Action (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was talking with Chris at SEMA over the last week about the turbo he was using and how well he liked it. He had the Time Attack car present at SEMA.

Not sure if he wanted his specs revealed, but it is one of a nice broad powerband in the S200 series of Switzer/BW. The next project is one that the BW guys themselves are helping with on his drag car to replace his current Large Frame Garrett that he got sick of.

It's nice to finally see this car on a vid, I'll say at least that much.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You're such a salesman. Large frame garrett that he got sick of.....
Old 11-17-2006, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Bullseye Power S200 Turbo in Action (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You're such a salesman. Large frame garrett that he got sick of..... </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's fine..I can live with that. Ask him yourself if you'd like. Did you need his e-mail?
Old 11-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know Chris pretty well. When he was sponsored by Turbonetics it was "turbonetics is the best", when he was running garrett it was "garrett is the best". It's part of making your sponsors happy. If he did say that, it means absolutely nothing, but it sure helps you sell turbos doesn't it?

I know a lot of pro race teams that have been testing BW stuff for a while now. I'm not going to go into details, but the reliability and power of the garrett turbos used previously was never matched...
Old 11-17-2006, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Bullseye Power S200 Turbo in Action (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know Chris pretty well. When he was sponsored by Turbonetics it was "turbonetics is the best", when he was running garrett it was "garrett is the best". It's part of making your sponsors happy. If he did say that, it means absolutely nothing, but it sure helps you sell turbos doesn't it?

I know a lot of pro race teams that have been testing BW stuff for a while now. I'm not going to go into details, but the reliability and power of the garrett turbos used previously was never matched...</TD></TR></TABLE>

And you are more than welcome to that opinion. No one is going to try and internet attack or debate you on this point, because in the end, its the end-user that matters.
Glad you know him. He's a crazy guy, and really cool. I still use Garrett also, never said I didn't. I only stated what HE Did about his GT47 at the show and at the FALKEN party. It only makes sense for him to pump some companies up for his organization. It's only a part of business to help things in his area grow, and he decided to make this video as a marketing tool for it..
Old 11-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think we should play a game. Go back to threads The Shodan has posted in and then find out how many times hes said something INSANE, someone asked him to prove it, and then he never responded again. I'd say about half of the threads he participates in follow that basic outline.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bullseye Power S200 Turbo in Action (nowtype)

Did you take a red pill?
Old 11-17-2006, 11:02 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nowtype &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think we should play a game. Go back to threads The Shodan has posted in and then find out how many times hes said something INSANE, someone asked him to prove it, and then he never responded again. I'd say about half of the threads he participates in follow that basic outline.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now I guess I'm confused.. What is there to prove to you again? and WHO are you to worry about proving to? Why would I want to worry about what one person said, when there's plenty of WORK to be done instead of internet battling all the time? Who wins? NO ONE.. Bottom line is, in the end, You're going to make your choice based upon the options given to you. No ONE person online can show otherwise unless you're present there to begin with. Now, Tony1 likes to bust ***** period. I expect it, and know what to look for. I make my point, and get back to work. But to worry about some kid like nowtype? Responding to that kind of attitude means I'm just bored, and have nothing better to do. I have no truck in that type of conversation whatsoever. Why would I want to continually respond to continually retarded posts like the one just stated? If you all want to circle jerk all day about what person said what to whom and how, be my guest. It's rather disappointing and sad to see that you don't seem to have much positive to say about anything or anyone. If the conversation and topic get outta hand, you damn right I'm not going to respond anymore. It's pointless and a waste of everyone's time.

No more responses. Back to work.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now I guess I'm confused.. What is there to prove to you again? and WHO are you to worry about proving to? Why would I want to worry about what one person said, when there's plenty of WORK to be done instead of internet battling all the time? Who wins? NO ONE.. Bottom line is, in the end, You're going to make your choice based upon the options given to you. No ONE person online can show otherwise unless you're present there to begin with. Now, Tony1 likes to bust ***** period. I expect it, and know what to look for. I make my point, and get back to work. But to worry about some kid like nowtype? Responding to that kind of attitude means I'm just bored, and have nothing better to do. I have no truck in that type of conversation whatsoever. Why would I want to continually respond to continually retarded posts like the one just stated? If you all want to circle jerk all day about what person said what to whom and how, be my guest. It's rather disappointing and sad to see that you don't seem to have much positive to say about anything or anyone. If the conversation and topic get outta hand, you damn right I'm not going to respond anymore. It's pointless and a waste of everyone's time.

No more responses. Back to work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOLtastic. I'll start the game up.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1800735&page=3 (Bottom)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothre...19987
Old 11-17-2006, 12:20 PM
B*A*N*N*E*D

I'm sure the Garrett turbos have been holding his race team back from making events all along huh ??

I had the displeasure of hearing his "garrett is ****" rant at the sema show this year as well. funny thing is, i was just coming by to say hi, since i hadn't seen him in ~5years and off he goes, couldn't get a word in edge wise. i ended up walking away mid sentence...

I couldn't be happier that he's not representing the #1 turbo manufacturer anymore

Chris Rado = RJ DeVera ??

for him, it will always be the best part, if that company will sink money into his "race program"

/thread

edit: just for mac, the powder coatings have zero performance benifit, never have, strictly aesthetics. turbonetics has been offering these "gtk" coatings in their catalog since '98.
nothing new there, just like there is nothing new with this extended tip same wheels BW's been using since the mid70's

we not only prefer Garrett turbochargers for the performance, reliability, and innovation.
but also, due to the fact that lying has never been part of their marketing strategy.

now /thread

Modified by PhoenixTurbo.com at 10:02 PM 11/17/2006
Old 11-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bullseye Power S200 Turbo in Action (PhoenixTurbo.com)

I met Chris Rado once and that fool was wearing ROOS!!
Old 11-17-2006, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bullseye Power S200 Turbo in Action (espanol)

I think the problem Shodan is you need to provide factual scientific data to back up your claims. Tony1 just tries to clear the air of unfactual and unsubstantiated conclusions people like to make.

Its kind like the T67 vs S200 test. It would be interesting if these two turbos were compared at the same boost level. Instead, the comparison shows the S200 @ 30psi while the T67 is @ 25psi. This is very misleading advertisement IMO.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bullseyepower.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The S200 turbocharger was tested on a well-supported 1998 Acura Integra that previously sported a T67. In this dramatic comparison, it is clear to see that the S200 was not only able to safely run a higher boost level, but also spooled much quicker to that higher boost level, creating much more usable power that began at lower RPM.

While the S200 was able to safely run up to 32 psi, this chart shows an S200 at an efficient 30 psi pull compared to the T67's maximum efficient boost level of 25 psi. The tune for the S200 only differed from the T67 tune by adjusting AFRs where needed to maintain a safe ratio.

Total area under the curves show the true performance potential and it cannot be any more clear that the S200 produced a huge increase in area under the curves. The shaded areas of the chart show gains afforded by the S200 over the T67. Looking at the chart, both the horsepower and torque curves of the S200 are much higher across nearly the entire power band.

There is a gain of 100 wheel HP at the point where full boost is reached. Likewise, there is a gain of nearly 80 wheel torque at the point of full boost. The increases in extra power and torque begin immediately upon getting into boost, which is noticeably earlier as seen by the S200 curves being further to the left than those of the T67. The S200 maintains more power and torque nearly everywhere in the power band. As can clearly be seen, the T67 cannot come close to the S200 levels until near redline!

Compared to a T67, the S200:

Runs higher boost safely and more efficiently
Spools quicker
Produced up to 100 WHP and 80 WTQ more
Maintains higher levels of power and torque a full 3000 RPM longer

</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.bullseyepower.com/

Regards,
Justin

Modified by Justin Olson at 2:35 PM 11/17/2006

Modified by Justin Olson at 4:09 PM 11/17/2006
Old 11-17-2006, 02:06 PM

nothing like money to compensate for driving skills
that tc obviously overpowers every car on that track and rado looks like he was playing around 90% of the time... but could he just once not brake through an entire turn??

Rado's cool and its dope to see him running numbers now in the PFWD car, but his best attribute is that he's a real good salesman

Old 11-17-2006, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Bullseye Power S200 Turbo in Action (fieldafm)

Cool video.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Bullseye Power S200 Turbo in Action (PhoenixTurbo.com)

Originally Posted by PhoenixTurbo.com
I'm sure the Garrett turbos have been holding his race team back from making events all along huh ??

I had the displeasure of hearing his "garrett is ****" rant at the sema show this year as well. funny thing is, i was just coming by to say hi, since i hadn't seen him in ~5years and off he goes, couldn't get a word in edge wise. i ended up walking away mid sentence...

I couldn't be happier that he's not representing the #1 turbo manufacturer anymore

Chris Rado = RJ DeVera ??

for him, it will always be the best part, if that company will sink money into his "race program"

/thread

edit: just for mac, the powder coatings have zero performance benifit, never have, strictly aesthetics. turbonetics has been offering these "gtk" coatings in their catalog since '98.
nothing new there, just like there is nothing new with this extended tip same wheels BW's been using since the mid70's

we not only prefer Garrett turbochargers for the performance, reliability, and innovation.
but also, due to the fact that lying has never been part of their marketing strategy.

now /thread

Modified by PhoenixTurbo.com at 10:02 PM 11/17/2006
You want me to respond? Ok.... I'll humor you, nowtype, you get one response.

Guys, we've really all gone through this about 3 times a year on average. Seriously. This whole thread simply started as someone that was a bit more infamous (or famous, whichever you choose) using a BW, and some company/shop just supported it and posted it. I simply thought it was cool to see it in action, and now everyone decides to sit here and try and do the usual bash on "The Shodan" because he thinks he knows more, or he's trying to push a bullshit product that shows promise and blah blah blah.... I have had nothing to do with starting this whole little turbo war again. And as usual, I've always supported both sets of products, worked with Honeywell for several years understanding how these work, and once again, the same boo boos decide to get their MOUTH involved in the **** when there was no call for it, so they can give themselves an ego boost of some sort, or jack off over each others opinions, or whatever, I don't care, its not important. It's getting old, its gotten old, and this debate will never EVER be solved. Look at how many times this topic has gotten OFF topic just for mention of it, because people want to try and turn this turbocharger forum into some sort of internet psudo-gang war. I'm not going to be the continual target of it, and as professional and relaxed as I've been around it over the years regarding it, its to a point where these muthafuckas either need to have the ***** to come to my face on this matter, e-mail me or PM me about which PARTICULAR Issues they seem to have of a specific application, or shut the expletive up and eat a dick... If you have nothing positive to say, then be a ******' adult, bite your tongue, and go through the right channels. In the 4 years I've been on this site I have not in any way, shape, fashion, or form showed any disrespect to ANYONE on this forum whether it be on a view point that was for a particular subject or opposing, and never has anyone received any particular flack from me for any reason, until today. And its pitiful that I had to resort to this kind of language and edicate because of people who continually want to stroke their own eqo. You think what you think, and that's fine. But I'll be goddamned if someone comes to my face calling me fake or bullshit simply because they don't know anything of my professional background, and won't return any of the kind of respect that I would always give them unconditionally. For those like that, expletive you, and anyone that looks like you...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now. Back to a point. The "scientific" evidence that everyone is looking for has been present in many of the scenarios I've used and or have been a part of. Borg-Warner, like Garrett at one time, is continuing to develop thier new maps and data. But like any smart person, they are not going to release everything for the import market until they've gone through MANY more platforms and information. I'm sick of children not being able to understand between a BETTER SOLUTION, and a DIFFERENT solution. That is WHY I SELL BOTH, and have for years. (Ken, you guys should know better than to get argumentative about this, we can't take it personal no matter what Rado says. We've talked about this for years.I don't know who you said lied about their results, for it may have been the shop that did the integra test. Not me.) I've also checked with BW archives as I've contracted there, and with Honeywell corporate. BW had an older version of this extended tip in the late 80's on the Peugot rally projects. What, now no one can attempt to improve on their design? Even at Honeywell we had to change things up to improve upon them.

As in another entirely different thread, we all went over this, I've stated what I've stated, and have told others to relax a bit, because more info is coming in a steady stream. It took Garrett years to get that site developed to have all the information and marketing available to the public that we all take for granted. For the last year I have continually tried to offer information about BW because people have NOT seen the physical and statistical data that is available. I've tried for quite a while to present that. SEARCH !! Even if its at the archives its there. From images, to maps, and other data, I've shown it, and presented it. Am I trying to say that everything about BW is better? NO! I NEVER HAVE. I have said that there are many solutions. I am, and have been for a long time trying to educate people here about other products that are out there. If you're not interested in it, fine, don't read it, or follow the thread. That is anyone's choice. But don't for one second mistaken my patience for complacency.

People. Stop taking this **** so personal as though someone shot your dog over this. I'm sure with the exception of a few people, no one here is getting paid to get offended because someone else used another turbocharger or design.

I don't give a expletive if you're happy now or not, nowtype. You wanted to get a rise outta me, you did. I'm done with this post and thread. For the rest, Good day to you, gentlemen.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nowtype &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOLtastic. I'll start the game up.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1800735&page=3 (Bottom)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothre...19987</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1668786

Quick Reply: Chris Rado's Time Attack tC w/ the Borg Warner S200