Notices

CC-Fab: Manifold Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CC-Fab: Manifold Review

Take 5

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">April, 2006

I ordered my Ramhorm manifold from CC-Fab for $430 (out the door). It came after about 3-4 weeks and was a total piece of crap. I gave CC-Fab my word that I wouldn't show anyone pictures of this manifold, but I've decided to release them now for reasons I will state later in this post.

Here is said manifold:

The above two pictures are exactly what I sent to CC-Fab the day I received the manifold. I said I was returning the manifold and that I wanted a refund. Well, after some negotiating, it was agreed that I would exchange the manifold for a better one. The main reason I decided to get a new manifold instead of a refund was that I was told that CC-Fab had a "new means" of milling all the manifold flanges after final fabrication. Since the warped flanges were one of my main concerns, I decided to give them another shot.

August, 2006

The new manifold arrives. Here are the new pics:

I don't feel like typing right now, so I'll keep this short and sweet.

<U>NOTES</U>

- The original manifold is nothing more than scrap metal. OBVIOUSLY it's not representative of their quality, but it is VERY representative of their mindset. Don't tust a company that can in good conscience send something like that to a paying customer.

- I broke my word and posted those pics because CC-Fab broke their word and sent me another @$%*ing manifold with un-milled flanges. If I had known they were lying to me, I would have gotten a refund.

- I was told several times that the manifold "would have been better, but not for $430." Guess what guys, it's not a $430 manifold - it's $430 + the cost to have a local machine shop mill the flanges. Historically, I've been charged between $25 and $35 per flange, and I need to have all 3 flanges milled . That makes it more like a $500 manifold. I might as well paid $600 for a quality one.

- The head flange on the new manifold is a ported BMC flange. They cost about $30 more than a standard laser cut flange and CC-Fab gave it to me for free. Definitely a plus

<U>PROS</U>

-Welds look pretty nice
-Decent merge collector
-Decent price
-No added shipping cost; list price is out-the-door.

<U>CONS</U>

- UN-BEVELED PIPES . That is NOT the correct way to make a manifold. You BEVEL the joints, then make TWO passes to get a solid weld. These guys are set on making ONE weak, narrow pass.

- Welds have minimal penetration and will likely crack without bracing.

- Wandering welds; some of the welds weave back and forth for no apparent reason. Perhaps the welders are drinking on the job.

- All flanges are warped and will need machining.

- Misaligned runners

- Wrong wastegate flange (35mm when I ordered the 38mm)

- Undersized wastegate hole

<U>OVERALL</U>

I don't think I need to tell you that this was a crappy purchase. I'm not sure if this company still exists or if they still make manifolds, but if they are, I hope they will start doing things right.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-04-2006, 11:43 PM
john d ftw

Default Re: CC-Fab: Manifold Review (Russell 7)

wow...
Old 10-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

wow. you can repost.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:02 AM
john d ftw

Default Re: CC-Fab: Manifold Review (wantboost)

great first post
Old 10-05-2006, 12:44 AM

Default Re: CC-Fab: Manifold Review (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow. you can repost.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The "7" in my name indicates that this is my 7th username in the past week. The "take 5" indicates that this is the 5th time posting this thread.

Someone on H-T feels the need to delete my threads and username evertime I post this (not a moderator). So I'm making it a point to open a new account and repost it everday.

This thread is for the archives only. Please, nobody bother posting - it will be deleted by tomorrow and I'll have to post it again. Plus, if it survives the night, Mase will lock it when he sees it. Again, please don't post.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looks like my first attempt at a ram-horn